EKKA 2007 REVEIW!

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I think i'm gonna have to try NO LIMIT this year.... hmmm oh dear LOL
I think If I can do Space Roller and Zipper without any problem, hopefully I can do NL without getting sick...
kiwi

EKKA

Post by kiwi »

I longer go on rides, only go for the atmosphere. I did ride Durkins Ferris Wheel but only to get a good photo opportunity.

I do on occasions ride Roller Coasters, especially wooden coasters.
princess

Post by princess »

I understand Huss, from what everyone else says, you will love it.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

They're some great shots kiwi. I'm with u ben, i hate it with the music loud when ur in the carrige rite in front of a speaker. But it sounds good when u get going.I hate on the flash the sirens and the ya-hoos.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks for that Kiwi! You can tell just how few people are in Moove Alley. What rides featured in the video clips? It was difficult to tell; I'm guessing you took these from the Skymaster Wheel? :?:

Thanks again! :D
kiwi

Video clips

Post by kiwi »

No, just while taking photo's from various parts of the grounds, then at the rear of the Showbags pavilon. Bit of everything thrown in

Flashdance Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRUvMN0JqbU
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

EKKA Photos (Mostly Space Roller as my cam died)

benclare

Post by benclare »

Excellent video again Kiwi! The music wasn't as loud as I remember it but you could definitely tell it was the Flashdance.

Are the Space Roller photos of you Hurricane?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

No, they were just pictures I took of Space Roller.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

and look! space roller gains some LED treatment to the back gates.... sorry but chucking some LED strips on things doesnt make a ride look better....
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Well next time we do something Huss we'll ask you first if we can or not, and another thing about the pm you sent me we usually have our staff organised well before an event o we know what we got. The ride will look alot different after xmas.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

calm down boyz! this is becoming bitchy!
princess

Post by princess »

Well what a sad second last day at Ekka, hardly any people riding today, at one stage there were only 5 people on the Big Wheel, no one on Claw, the rides that seem to get some people on them were, Insanity, Speed and No Limit, even hard rock was not doing as well as I have seen.

I really like the look of Insanity, not sure, cause I did not ride it, but it appears more intense than Speed, lighter and faster than No Limit, also great to watch.

As usual heaps of joints, not many people playing them either. You are bombarded from everywhere, still they have to earn a living.

I hope that the Ekka gives the showmen and all other paying exhibitors a discount (lol) as it was not their fault that the crowds did not come, the scare mongering regarding the Flu was huge, even by the show president, who was seen on television with the minister for health, suggesting people who are sick not go, but people must of missed the if you were sick bit.

This will probably be my last year at Ekka, but that is ok cause nothing really comes close to Sydney.
Last edited by princess on Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

All the rides are looking fantastic especially space roller and breakdance. Gravitron looks like got a new paint-job. Bit strange 2 hear bout the 2nd last day of the show princess with no one on the rides. Good to hear u guys had a good time Shame bout slingshot to cause they took all the pink and purple fluros of and put on rope lights. Probably too much of a hastle to take off and put back up everytime.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Yes Topgunner all rides are looking great, that is for certain.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I was just commenting on the appearance of the LED strips on the gates. It seems to me everything these days on the Australian circuit are getting these so-called "new" LED strips... They might look awesome Verfurths wheel, and on ticket booths, but on a ride like SPACE ROLLER which is already a CLASSY looking european ride, I honestly do not see the need for it to be "cheesed" up with those lights. Space Roller is a ride that can carry itself without needing silly little upgrades....Lol just like that "Fountain" on the Rainbow... hmmmm relevance.. I see none! lol
(not having a go garry, still love rainbow of course haha)

Chris

P.S Slingshot has LED's running up the towers, not as as eye catching as the neons
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Those LED tubes don't do much for me. They probably buy them cause it's cheaper to run(and global warming lol) but they r expensive 2 buy
Vee

Post by Vee »

We had some of the Chinese ones at the park - the connecting cables were constantly getting eaten by wildlife and they would crap out when they got water inside.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

looking at verfurths wheel last night, some of the sections have gone a bit ape sh*t lol.... and one side doesnt light up... not sure if they are keeping them off, or theres a problem, who knows, after gwen stefani 2 weeks ago, they were on...
princess

Post by princess »

Huss I suggest if you are going to ride No Limit, you must do Insanity as well, wish I could be there to watch. lol
benclare

Post by benclare »

Excellent review as always Princess although I'm disappointed about the low crowd numbers. According to the Courier-Mail which I seem to be quoting from a bit lately, readers reckon it's the high prices for showbags, gate entry etc that's keeping people away from the Ekka, not the flu story. All I can say to that is come to Sydney and you'll soon find out what expensive is. :)

I absolutely must try Insanity and I'm hoping it will come down to NSW soon. Faster than Speed and No Limit? It must be a very intense and scary machine to beat them.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

well hopefully it picks up for the last day of Ekka. All i can hope is that the Adelaide Show is incident free for a change this year - for a few years after the Spin Dragon incident crowds in sideshow alley were well down but they have seem to recover quite well over time.
princess

Post by princess »

That was my observation Ben, not sure how actually riding it is, when you look at No Limit, it has a tremendous amount of power behind it, though lets face it still, in my opinion still fun to watch, but so is Insanity.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Insainity is faster than spped. Speed is 80km/h and insanity is 120km/h. Insanity was at narrabeen 4 xmas but they told me at hawkesbury that they couldn't get the paper work through in time for them to run it. I saw them testin it and boy, it goes fast :!: They said if the carnival went for 1 more nite, it would've been open. Doesn't seem like ekka was to good this year.

Cheers
Top Gunner14