Rockhampton Show

benclare

Post by benclare »

Give me the Skymaster Wheel any day although I'm glad Skyview is so successful here in Oz.

I can't wait to see what turns up to Rocky this year; it should be a good one!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes i don't mind any wheel whether its the skymaster, Sky View or an 18 metre wheel like Chants. Great to hear it's going to be doing some more shows this year
DEEFA DODGEM

Rockhampton Show.

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

SKY VIEW it is!!
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Looks sweet too. Shame about the light rain all day today though... Spose to clear up over weekend?? (Apparently)
"Slingshot , Engage"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, hopefully you get great weather this year for the show. You don't want a repeat of last year's weather conditions
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Spot on Top Gunner, a warm sunny 3 days would make a nice change and reward alot of showman who have showed confidence in our show many years to be plauged by bad weather...

Apparently thats what bought on the date change for this year, (bringing it forward another week) hopefully it will come out ok...
"Slingshot , Engage"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Excellent news for the showmen and for you Josh. Hopefully you get good buisness with your snocones
princess

Post by princess »

What is the ride line up for Rocky.
princess

Post by princess »

Dont worry, already had a look at the Rocky show site.
princess

Post by princess »

Just had another look at the Rocky Show site, some of these photos are not what will be at Rockhamption, have a look at Mega Drop, is that false advertising.
PNC

Post by PNC »

i also had a look, and seen most of the images are not aussie rides, thought i had the wrong site
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yeah the website is a bit of a laugh - most of those ride photos are of comparable overseas versions of our ones (including a couple taken by me poached without permission from my website) - they've left names on the photos, so I am not about to get too precious over it (I will insist on a free admission to the show and we can call it even)

Unfortunately I will not be going this year as planned due to work and other committments which have snuck up on me. I will be saving my snowcone experience for Rocky '09. My Tiger Airways seat will be departing empty.

I am interested in getting a list of what rides are there. I gather it will be a similar line-up to a capital show as it is a large ground. Skyview will make its presence known.
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

Thats weird sure they would have access to pic's of the rides that are actually coming
some they they just grabbed a bunch of images and slapped them up

A true ride list would have been better anyway

Our local weatherman is predicting the skys will clear for showtime
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes Dave, I was looking on the website and I thought some of those pictures looked like yours. And that Breakdance looks good, wonder when that came into the country Lol :lol: Looks like a nice Huss model. Hopefully it will be a good lineup like it usually is.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

Rocky show usually has a great line up but i have been once where i was pretty average it was a year where thing weren't going real good economically so i guess that was the reason no sense bring rides when the people won't have the money to spend

But this area is in a bit of a Boom at the moment even with the interest rates and fuel cost i think people will have a splurge and go to the show also if the weather is good
benclare

Post by benclare »

It's strange the Rocky Show organisers didn't have images of the rides coming to their event. Usually when Showmen apply to participate in these shows, they have to provide promotional materials such as images to go with their submissions. Definitely go for that free entry Dave! :)

Can't wait for the reviews folks.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

loll good to see the easter show at rockhampton... lol
shocking advertising!
nice to see that Chainsaw

and HOORAY! lol we get a HUSS BREAKDANCE NO.2 lol
pfft
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Honestly guys, our council and especially the employees who run the showgrounds don't give a sh** about anything but beef week.. (Every 4 years)
I race speedway here and we are consatantly fighting with the administration... Unless you got a cow in your truck, they don't care, and I think the website reflects that... Shame, but anyways, thankfully not everyone knows all the B.S. that goes on in the background, and the show will be great anyways...

Was gonna go set up today, but it's still a bit wet, thankfully i got the truck out of the yard yesterday, or it would have been stuck there sure as!!

Least my ice is lasting longer at the moment!! hehe... Sun due out late Sunday/Monday.. fingers crossed...
"Slingshot , Engage"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I have seen on the news that there has been some wild weather up up in Queensland in the last few days. The only Aussie rides on that Website are Marshall's Ali Baba, I thought the Zipper was Short's but its not, Alpine Express, Looks like TPA's Crazy Coaster but it's not, CliffHanger, Gravitron, Ferrari 500's, Scorpion, Euro SLide, Dave's own photo of O'Neill's WaveSwinger but I'd say that won't be there and that's it. They've obviously gone onto Google image Search and just typed in Carnival Rides or Amusement Rides and just picked all different images. Very poor advertising.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Weather map has changed again, may not see any sun until late wednesday maybe thursday... Went out today to check our site out, the grounds are holding up well at the moment, will see how the grass holds up though. Muddy grounds/rides no fun...
"Slingshot , Engage"
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Oh, and not many rides getting put together today, most are sitting outside the showgrounds waiting for some dry weather. Hangover, 2 stes of dodgems, zipper were starting to set up at lunch time...
"Slingshot , Engage"
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

Thats bad news had my fingers crossed it would clear up
Anyone no what day is the show holiday
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Holiday is the Wednesday mate...
Don't want to bore you guys with weather stuff every post, but it's changed again, get this--- sunny tomorrow!! hehe yay...
Well, until it changes anyway...
"Slingshot , Engage"
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Josh are you going to give a good photo review? I would be interested in any set-up photos that you or anyone else can post.
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

sunny but also heavy cloud were i am about 100k south of rocky today so with luck might get some good show days