EKKA 2008

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, yes, very wishful thinking. I could just imagine the sight on Huss' face if he saw Rainbow at Melbourne. That sunny, happy face would probably even wink at you Huss and put on an even bigger smile :lol: So the only new ride is Skywalker and maybe Halloween :?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I doubt even Melbourne will get Halloween, we definetly aren't getting Sky Walker, Luke Hennessey told me they will do Perth every year
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'd say you'll get Halloween with Speed going there. But yeh, March's do perth and apparently Perth is a really great show well, Joyland's went really well there with Power Surge last year. It's just driving over there is the biggest thing. With some fuel across the Nulubor being around $2 a litre. So I'm not sure if they're going back across
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

could this mean some other rides in Melb... hmmm

also a small note... Found Rainbow on Google Earth, the main tower packed in O'Neill's yard... shame it's not kept in a shed... hmmm couldnt find the booms or gondola though.
PNC

Post by PNC »

durkins ferris wheel is well under way at the showgrounds
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Cheers for the update, I will probably head in there next week on one of my days off from flipping burger patties :P
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I thought their wheel would be getting setup by now. Yes Huss, I've seen their yard too. Is the tower sort of in the shade near some trees? As you said, shame it's not in a shed, probably everything else is in a shed
PNC

Post by PNC »

looks like most of the wheel is now complete minus a few cages to enclose the gondolas (i could be wrong having never set it up)

there is also some other stuff there, one thing looks like its just a container on the ground, possibly Ausfun's CIRCUS CIRCUS but i cant be sure
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, probably the Durkin rides are there? Do the Durkin rides do any other shows either. I heard they did Canberra but when I was there, they've never been there. I've only heard them doing the capitals and Newcastle. That container could possibly be the TPA Raupenbahn(well part of it)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Oh no you don't! Please don't jinx us into getting that crappy ride in at the Ekka!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

God, I'm sick of that ride too. Doesn't deserve to be at Ekka and didn't deserve one of the top spots at Sydney taking the spot from Breakdance. Bell's Thunderbolt all the way!!!!!!
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Insanity will apparently be at the Adelaide Show this year. It must be getting around for a change.
PNC

Post by PNC »

i think rupen bahn gives good atmosphere, it looks great, not the smoothest of rides though, im sure there are more prefered rides, but it seems to do well.

to anyone going to ekka, what are you hoping to see and ride, for me its

sky walker
space roller
no limit
speed (first time)
might try crazy coaster as well

hopefully we will see some other new rides as well
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

PNC, you wont be dissapointed with any of them selections! they are all my favourites. :)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

PNC, We should propose a meet up for Ekka! Although it doesn't look like I'm going this year... as I haven't been able to save up any money due to having to pay rent and bills this past few months :(
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

when is EKKA on? im going to surfers in january to do all the themeparks. and im saving for about 10 goes on the Vomatron!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Ekka starts in 16 days, and runs for 10 days.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

oh damn it. i suppose im gunna miss it. hah. just a bit. :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good choice of rides PNC, I thought you would have been on most of those rides(minus skywalker). And interesting to hear Insanity going to Adelaide
PNC

Post by PNC »

i havent been on speed either, i also look forward to riding hard rock, i dont think i will ever get bored of those rides, im not sure what day ill be going hurricane, if i have some notice ill let you know, but in that past i have just decided on the morning that i will go
Force10

hey all

Post by Force10 »

I've been crazy about the show pretty much all my life, my earliest memories are of the turbo when i was still in a pram. This was when my local show (the bundaberg show/ don't live there anymore) would, get the chipmunk and two turbo's!!!. A blue one and a red one. Though i remember one of them being slightly smaller.
The first major ride i went on was Pink's Force 10 (now re-named extreme force) when I was in grade 3, hence the name. That ride was awesome back in the day. unfortunately goldenway's scorpion took away alot of its business.
The bundy show always had a good line up(so much so my first time at the ekka i was disappointed it wasn't much bigger!!). i remember one year we got 3 zippers!! it was nuts. I think its one of the last shows before they all break-up some goin north and some goin west.

Pumped up for eKKA, the only rides im really counting on being there-

bell's no limit,
cetek's hangover (it never disappoints!)
short's Zipper
Laurie's Breakdance
insanity
Johnson's hard rock
Watkin's space roller (just keep wanting a longer go on it but!)
and it would be really awesome if trindalls cyber party came..

I wasn't too keen on powersurge last year, what did you guys think? maybe i just got a bad run, it just really wasn't all that thrilling.

Can anyone confirm this year's line-up? anyone on the show circuit out there?
princess

Post by princess »

Funny you should say that about the line up Force 10, I have been keeping an eye on the Ekka site, they still have not put a proper line up on yet :?
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Princess you will find that EKKA wont publish a full ride lineup.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
princess

Post by princess »

Wonder what the reasoning is behind that, keeping all options open till the very last minute, i suppose
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Hey Force, the Hangover came through the pouring rain of Rocky yesterday afternoon headed south. They also had that simulator looking thing following. So wont be far fom Bris vegas...
"Slingshot , Engage"