EKKA 2008

katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

uno the funny thing is the first time i rode the NO LIMIT was only 2 years ago and i thought it was the best ride around i loved it no matter the fact it scared the crap outta me , i think it was the fact that it felt like u were going to face plant the cement below you. i swear i thought i was going to pass out on the ride but the last few time i have ridden it , i think it just didn't feel as extreme when i rode the NO LIMIT at Canberra thought the feeling was still there it still made me scream my head off. maybe also the fact that Elwin wasn't accepting ride coupons was a let down particularly when u r on a tight budget and dont really have alot of money every dollar helps. but when u actually do manage to get on his ride and u have been on it before you dont expect it to let you down. but the fact that it should be such a good ride and then i turns out to be SO disapointing
cheers katie
princess

Post by princess »

We are all aware, that No Limit is a better ride with Elwin at the controls, but it is phsycially impossible for him to be there 24/7, unless you train someone up to do what you do, just imagine how hard this is with such a transient workforce, also having no financial interest in a ride, there is a completely different attitude,(maybe a commission could be offered) then there is the making sure that the person you have trained up is happy with his/her conditions, arn't Bells having staff problems?

Is it me, or is there a lack of female operators, is there a reason.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yeah there don't seem to be many female ops out there which is a shame. I remember Wonderland used to have a lot of female ops on their rides who were always awesome and really encouraged rider interaction. They were also the toughest on Saturday nights when people were acting up on the rides. I remember once riding the Dragon's Flight, equivalent to the Wave Swinger and three fellas who were obviously drunk started swinging the chairs before the ride started, purposely running into people sitting in front and behind them. They were total dick heads! Anyway, these two ride operators walked over to them and literally marched them over to the male security guards stationed nearby; they weren't putting up with that stuff on their ride! Anyway, I wandered off topic again. :oops: :)

Well it's the last day of the Ekka; can't believe how quickly the week went! Is anyone going today?
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Hey guys, I went yet again! this time i managed to musta some friends along...haha

well the only new ride that i managed to get on was speed. well i have to say i was expecting a little more from it. There was always a reason why i haven't ridden it ever before, and now i know what it is. its boring. it doesn't even go anywhere near the intensity of insanity or no limit. the ride motion is very smooth, but its very controlled and doesn't feel as random as insanity or no limit. putting it bluntly. they should be only charging 10 ago at most. and it does not really live up to its name speed.. my legs didn't even go numb! having bashed it, i still did enjoy myself, i was smiling the whole time. it just didn't scare the sh** out of me, like i would have enjoyed.

Therefore my ranking/ratings for the vomatron 3 goes...

No.1 - Insanity 9-9.5/10
No.2 - NO Limt 8.5/10
No.3 - Speed 7/10

Best rides of show- Insanity, Spaceroller, Skywalker! in no order. no surprises there really.
OH i managed to consume 8 dagwoods during the entire show... 7 of which were Pinky's in the depths of sideshow alley. and they did not let me down. not once out of those 7!

Cheers,
Force.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yuk, 8 Dagwood Dogs. Yes, Ekka over for another year. Hope everyone had a great time and thanks for all the reviews everyone
princess

Post by princess »

Yes thanks everyone, for the constant update, after slow begining.

Agreed, 7 Dagwoods ughhh.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

8 dagwood dogs is a massive effort!
i can say ive only ever had 2 dagwood dogs ever.
the first at the adelaide show and it was disgusting and i vowed to never have one ever again. relented at soundwave this year because i was too lazy to line up for anything and it was better but i'm still not sure if id go for one again.
kiwi

EKKA

Post by kiwi »

Sounds like a good show again.

Does anyone have any other pictures of the Haunted Hotel, I would love to get a overall image of how its been presented.

Cheers
Kiwi
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

SKY WALKER GOT BEST EXTREME RIDE WITH SEA XPLORER GETTING BEST CHILDRENS RIDE NOT SURE WHAT GOT SECOND AND THRID IN THESE CATORGORIES
Mong

Post by Mong »

sky walker and halloween are not going to melbourne
Mong

Post by Mong »

[quote="Top Gunner14"]Ok, yes, very wishful thinking. I could just imagine the sight on Huss' face if he saw Rainbow at Melbourne. That sunny, happy face would probably even wink at you Huss and put on an even bigger smile :lol: So the only new ride is Skywalker and maybe Halloween :?[/quote] sky walker and halloween are not going to melbourne
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, sorry about that comment, I forgot about it going to Perth at that time. So what's Halloween doing? Just couldn't get a spot at Melbourne? And Mong, have I met you before or know you?
benclare

Post by benclare »

Do you think Insanity will go to Melbourne? I'm guessing it will although I've heard it takes quite a while to pack up and Melbourne Show is on only a week after Adelaide so it'll be tight. It is a shame Sky Walker isn't going to Melb; March's are keeping with tradition and going west where the ride will do very well of course. Perhaps Sky Walker will do Moomba next year! I'm also fairly sure it'll do some Victorian shows like Geelong and just over the border in Albury.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I've never actually seen March's in Melbourne.... so don't be soo sure that the ride will come down here.
Insanity probably won't do Melbourne Show... but who knows, im always open for surprises....

Seems strange that Ekka is over already.... bring on Melbourne haha can't wait
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

March's don't really do Moomba I don't think. I just hope it comes to Hawkesbury next year which I'm sure it will. If they want to do some Victorian shows, they'd have to make some good money to cross right back along the Nullabore and back there. I don't really know where March's go after Perth.

Insanity doesn't take that long to pack up. Durkin's do need a crane to take the seats off but other than that, it just folds up, racks down and that's about it. I'm guessing it could be done in one day.
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

Good to here everyone who went to the ekka enjoyed themselves
Thanks to those who contributed to the reviews like I've said before I really want to do the ekka just have to get off my butt and get organized
* dagwood dog OMG 2 is about my limit
Turbo_X

Post by Turbo_X »

best xtreme ride was skywalker and best ride was supa sizzler. also the best ride was the sea xplorer it's good to see that skywalker won that title and its also good for goldenway to win with super sizzler. if i remember correctly it wasnt there last yr was it???
Turbo... The Xtreme Machine!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I didn't even know Sizzler was still doing the major shows.... major yawn I think, altho its kinda keeping the CHA CHA tradition alive
well done to luke and the crew with Sky Walker
Mong

Post by Mong »

[quote="princess"]OFA Skymaster is the same colours as the original, but is completely, repainted, they could not change colours because of the fibreglass on the ride, 50,000 dollars has been spent on refurbishing their ride.[/quote]OFA would'nt have 50g's to spend on skymaster
Mong

Post by Mong »

[quote="Top Gunner14"]According to alot of showies that I've talked to, they rate Insanity much more then No Limit. They say Insanity is a very wild, wild ride. Can't wait to try it. And also Hurri, where are all your photos that you promised? :? :lol:[/quote]the only thing we rate the insanity is more likely to do is to come crashing to the ground
princess

Post by princess »

Ok Mong, definitely a showie. Glad that you are posting Mong, will look forward to your posts in the future.
PNC

Post by PNC »

sorry i didnt get back OZ, i will definetly make the effort next time, its just my wife and kids dont really like standing around while i go on rides, but you sure did give a good ride
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes MOng, I remember speaking to a certain showie last year and he said he would never ride Insanity as what you said, looks like it could come crashing to the ground and the tower moves and looks like it'll fall.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

i think that adds a certain thrill to the whole experience! and is also why i prefer to ride portable models, rather than park rides.

yeh i agree insanity looks like its gunna come crashing to the ground.. but that's all part of the fun!

mong, since we've gathered that ur a showie. what rides do u own/work on?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'm pretty sure I know who it is :twisted:
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.