EKKA 2008

Force10

Post by Force10 »

oh awesome,
i have not ridden TPA's kamikaze, only watkin's. are they much the same? (please tell me watkins didn't just sell it to TPA?, that would just be embrassing)
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks Force 10. :lol:
PNC

Post by PNC »

im sure the ride experience will be similar, i have never seen there kamikaze in person so its new to me as well
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Just for reference, Shockwave, Kamikaze (Brian Watkins) Ranger (Show West and O'Neils) are all Fabbri Models.

Hangover is also a Fabbri model but with modified cars. TPA's Kamikaze is a Sartori Model. They are basically the same but with a few minor differences in specs such as height and RPM.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Hangover is made by A.R.M its a modified Skymaster....
Sartori's model was made in conjunction with Fabbri....
I'm guessing it will be at the Melbourne Show as TPA get a lot of their stuff on here...

agreed that Crazy Coaster takes up wayy too much, it just overloads the tiny carnival area at the Melbourne Showgrounds, it should be re-located...

maybe get the Rainbow in its place HAHA
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

About time the TPA Kamikaze has arrived. Look forward to finally seeing it. Hangover is an A.R.M Skymaster with Screamer cars. Then we have another A.R.M Skymaster which is the ugly OFA one. Then Watkin's Fabbri Kamikaze, Showest and O'Neill's Fabbri Ranger's, Flaherty's Shockwave and the A.R.M High Flyer which is the Top Gun. We have got a few of these rides. But over in America, owning a Kamikaze is like owning a Dodgem Track or Giant Slide here.

And I thought Lew Osbourne has the Haunted Mansion plus the walk thru Haunted Hotel. Force 10, thanks for all the info, do you reckon you could get some photos if your down again.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

yeh no worries topgunner, i can get some photo's up. i just didn't take my camera when i went on tuesday.
might try and get some this arvo. i live very close to the grounds.
princess

Post by princess »

I believe Haunted Mansion is no more, now Haunted Hotel.
princess

Post by princess »

Topgunner I also have it on good authority that OFA have refurbed their skymaster.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

i wonder what the osbourne's have done with that old haunted mansion sign, i would love to buy it,
would be so cool.
princess

Post by princess »

What a great Idea, maybe they should ebay it, or why not just offer a heap of money
PNC

Post by PNC »

seen techno jump today parked at the bp on the highway, no doubt it will be at the grounds by now or maybe tomorow, its such a grea family style ride
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep TJ is a great family ride which I tried for the first time this Easter. It was also meant to do Hawkesbury but didn't turn up for some reason.

Is TPA's Kamikaze new or refurbished? NO doubt it'll be very popular as most rides of this kind are. Just look at Shockwave! As for OFA's model, I haven't ridden it but I've heard it gives a great ride and a long one too. You've been on this one haven't you Topgunner?

Keep the preshow posts coming guys.
princess

Post by princess »

It is PNC,it is a great favorite of mine, Ben had his first experience this year, also I did not get the bruises that I did the last time I was on it, which made it a much more enjoyable experience.
PNC

Post by PNC »

it would make a great fete ride for my business, but it would be ut of my price range im sure, does anyone know how long it takes to put up and down?
Force10

Post by Force10 »

hey all,

Joylands power surge has arrived now, and is pretty well set up! Taipan is well on its way to being completed now. march's skywalker is pretty much complete. they were just sorting out the rest off the fencing and some lighting caps that were busted in transit when i was there.

I didn't mention that a second ghost train, (roller ghoster) was all set up, they are really going all out on the themeing this year, the ride is set back from the walkway with a whole heap of 'scary' things in the front of it. it looks like thats where you line up. osbourne's refurbishment and the threat of halloween must be forcing them to step up. Hangover is still waiting to be set up. Starship is complete.

The raupen-bahn is almost entirely set-up and is opposite crazy-coaster in the middle of the grounds. TPA is featuring in some really prime spots this year, (I wish they brought twin flip as well). Pavier's Speed has arrived, but is still on the truck. Chant's are busy setting up there games, they look very nice, their attension to detail will get them along way in the amuesment game, I just love their strong branding/logo's. Euroslide is in a position to just be raised up. so should be all go in the next few days. Breakdance is still in the same state as tuesday. Still no sign of any of Bell's equipment. The techojump wasn't there this arvo, might be waiting for later tonite, after peak hour traffic. Still no sign of TPA's Kamikaze, Johnson's Hard Rock (I hope it comes!!), any alibaba/rainbow/musictrip kind of ride, any type of scrambler, sizzler, chacha, or a zipper (it's no show without one!!!)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmmm... interesting about none of bells gear showing up. I really hope they end up coming this year! Please keep us informed of what goes on... and it seems as though Roller Ghoster is getting the RES job.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

having a little trouble getting these pics up for u guys... my broadband keeps dropping out when i'm uploading them in photobucket. hopefully i will get it sorted out, and get these pics up!
yeah hurricane i am really starting to worry. but there is still heaps of space along the gympie rd end presumably for bell's.
PNC

Post by PNC »

tpa seem to always go all out, i know they really pride themselves on the presentation of there rides and equipment (as do all showmen, always trying to do better than the next)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I wasn't expecting there to be a shortage of ground for there rides... it's just that they are normally some of the first people to set up there gear.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

i guess they are just taking their time to get here this year... and causing anxiety for all of us! :(
Force10

Post by Force10 »

sorry they aren't that great... its hard without access to the grounds.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Force10, your photos are great. Good to see things are well on their way with typically perfect Brisbane weather.

You hit the nail on the head about Chants. Their marketing and consistency of their branding is second to none in my opinion.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks alot for the photos Force 10. Agree totally Dave and Force 10, Chant's are definately at the top when it comes to presentation. Their joints are fantastically decorated, the workers are great fun and certainly know how drag people into their games.

Ok, so no more Haunted Mansion. I look forward to seeing it and it did end up happening for the refurbishment of the Skymaster. Thats good news but nothing spectacular as they kept the original paintwork.

PNC, I think Techno Jump takes about 6 hours with a few workers. Yes, it was also my frst time on it this year too. A great family rde as you said. There is the Satori Techno Jump and they also make a variation of it called Roto-Techno(I think thats the name) and the Techno Pop where you are facing outwards instead of forwards. The Techno Jump rides are really popular in Europe too. A.R.M make a model to called Mega Bounce. Heres a link to the page: http://www.armrides.com/Rides/Mega_Bounce/

Theres also a used Mega Bounce on the A.R.M website for $340,000 which is pretty good. Don't know what condition it's in. Heres the link: http://www.armrides.com/Used/
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Another thing about Skywalker, when I first saw it, you see this great looking ride beautifally themed and decorated, but then I saw the control booth, and it's just a white box. I thought it was a bit odd. It doesn't even say Skywalker on it