LAWNTON FAMILY CARNIVAL

Hurricane

LAWNTON FAMILY CARNIVAL

Post by Hurricane »

Well, Lawnton family carnival is currently on. It is located just across the road from the train station.

The Carnival ends this Saturday.

Rides:

Shockwave
Octopus
Fun Factory
Cha Cha
Dodgems
Ferris Wheel
Bungy Tramps
Bubbles
Various Kids rides.

Thanks to Katestow77 for the info.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

yea hi guys,

just letting you know the hours are as follows

weekdays 6-10
weekends 2-10

thanks hurricane for posting for me
we are also opening on Sunday and that will be our last day here

hope to see a few familiar faces out there.
and ill have some photos that will be up in the next few days.

cheers kate :D :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Ah it's okay Kate, I'll cya there tonight!
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

no no its ok he doesnt have to worry about the projectile vomit but he has to be worried about the false floors in the fun factory lol

and not to mention the ferris wheel
and not to mention the bosses 2.5 yr old draged him on there

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: This is Hurri reporting live from Kates van... She is gonna die tomorrow when I am not so tired...
benclare

Post by benclare »

Sounds like you guys are having a good time down there! :) :lol:

How was the Shockwave doing? I'm looking forward to the review! :)
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

yea hi guys

the weekdays arent quite as good as we would like as we are closing on average around 8.30pm it comes in waves of people and familys

the rides are doing average

im shaw that hurricane will give u a day review when he gets up off our floor and gets home to do his review beofre coming back a few hours later.

cheers kate :lol: :lol:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well... I am recovering from last night at home. I will be back at the showgrounds tonight until Sunday so I will have limited access to the forums.

So I will do a full on review early next week. I will just quickly mention a few things though...

Shockwave:

Lets just put it VERY simply... It kicks Kamikaze's Arse! The cycle was a decent length, with plenty of backwards and forwards motions. Not to mention the hang time and the blood rushing to my head. I think the first thing I noticed when riding is the lack of duct tape on the harnesses and seats! That made me feel ALOT better about the ride. The ride was also that smooth I could have fallen asleep and not even noticed I was moving. You could barley even hear the whiring sound of the gears! Flaherty's have really got a winner with this ride and I would recommend it to anyone.

9.5 out of 10.

Smalls Dodgems:

Apart from the first car I rode in not liking me... the cycle was incredibly long and the track was smooth. I think the highlight of the night would have had to go to the dude driving the car... He was a complete froot loop! The operator of that ride is to be commended for his friendliness and for his LOUD music belting out.

Kate I would think finally knows NOT to mess with me on dodgem cars after nearly making her car go airborne multiple times throughout the 10 or so minute cycle. The general appearance of this circuit would be right up there with TPA's big track and Evan's Hollywood Drive.

A solid 9 out of 10.

I will do reviews on the Octopus and Cha Cha later in the week.

I am not even going to mention the Ferris Wheel, because I have nothing to comment on about that whatsoever! It gets a - 10 out of 10 because I was dragged onto them! :P
Last edited by Hurricane on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by x 648 »

Hey Hurricane,
Glad to see that you didn't get sick on the shocky! Also noticed that you did not get vomited on, good 4 you. What was it like
getting dragged on the ferris wheel by a 2.5 yrs old? lol :lol: :lol:
Last edited by x 648 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

LOL guys.

You've really sold me on the Shockwave Hurricane; I just have to ride it some time soon! Tell the showies to get it touring around the Sydney area; it'll be a winner here as it is in Queensland! I'm kicking myself for not having ridden it when it was at LPS two years ago. I spent too much money on the RES and couldn't afford to do LP during its time there.

Thanks for the reviews Hurri and Kate. :)
princess

Post by princess »

Sydney is still in drought where carnivals are concerned, families just dont go out here after dark when it is cold.

Sounds like a grest time Kate and Hurricane, would I even mention the "FERRIS WHEEL"you bet I would, oh poor Hurri, feel the fear lol :lol:.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Glad you and Kate had a good time Hurricane. I agree Princess, very cold once the sun is down here in Sydney. And no carnivals whatsoever. But I was lucky enough to organise an some rides to come to our school's walkathon. Was the first time we had the rides and it was a great success with most of the teachers and the walkathon commitee having to bring in more rides for next year. But we did only have Dodgem's, Sizzler and Slide. Was a fantastic day for everyone.
princess

Post by princess »

Well done Topgunner, you are well on the way to being an event organiser. Glad it was a success, sometimes I think that fete and festival organisers, forget about having the carnival entertainment at their events, it always adds a exciting atmosphere to an event.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, thankyou Princess. Yeh, I go to some school fetes where there are heaps of people there but no real good rides, only a few inflatables, tea cups and a mini chair-o-plane. But another local school last year had an alright ride lineup with Zoomer, Giant Slide, Simulator 2000, Storm, Tea Cups, Inflatables. And we are getting the rides again next year. The dodgems were so popular that we are thinking of getting 2 tracks next year and maybe the Top Gun.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Let me know when your next fate is on Topgunner; sounds like a cool ride lineup you're planning! I'm not too sure about their prices but it may be worth giving O'Neil's a call as they do a lot of hire jobs these days. Obviously Rainbow doesn't travel but Ranger and Waveswinger do as well as Love Express I think.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

We have some local school fetes in August/September. One has the Ex-Durkins Hurri. I'll stick with Foster's for the moment as I know the owner Ted and his other supervisor. They have a good lineup of rides, some thrills, inflatables and a few kiddie things. After he finishes round up, he won't get anything else, his got too much stuff. But Top Gun you can hire for $4000, dodgems, sizzler and zommer around $3000, and I'd say Round Up will be the same. Slide is about $1500. To get an idea of how much other companies are, go to Joylands website and they have a price list with all their rides there. Our next walkathon will now be next year
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well... Better late than never I guess... But I'm here to review Dales Cha Cha and Flaherty's Octopus.

CHA CHA:

Well... the person running it should be enough to make the ride a 10 out of 10 straight away... but in all seriousness, the ride was very clean and running very fast (14rpm going by what the op told me) The ride was very smooth and the paintjob was looking great. The cycle was going for 3 or 4 minutes which was long, but not too long to make someone feel a bit seedy.

A solid 8 out of 10.

OCTOPUS:

Well... amazingly this was my first time riding a Octopus. The ride is in need of a paint job but is still looking very good for a 60 something year old ride! The ride was lasting around 5 minutes with some very good operator interaction. The cars were also spinning almost non stop every time I was riding it. I still think seeing Kate get on the Octopus was quite funny, and I learnt to hold on to my hat after it nearly was ejected.

A well deserved 8 out of 10.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good review Hurricane. I was starting to wonder when you were going to do this review. Glad to hear you had a good time at the carnival.