Gold Coast Show

scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

it has been ages since I have seen force 10. i can recall it vaguely being at the show in adelaide years ago --- i remember my sister wanted me to go on it with her and she finally conned me into going on it and they told me i was too short! doh!
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

^ yes, I have great memories of the Force 10. Last time i rode was Moomba in Melbourne, years ago (late 90s I think).
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Decided this morning we are going! Gonna leave tonight so the kids might sleep for the 7 or so hours. New tyres at 12.30, air con re-gas at 2.30pm, service the rocket and get crackin!! hehe...
Coming home Sat night, so we will get there either fri, sat...
Will take plenty of pics.. Have fun guys, Josh
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hey mate, if your interested in catching up at all on the Friday or Saturday Private Message me your number. I am meant to be working down there but i'm just waiting to hear.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Reckon we could see some photos and some reviews. Has any over rides turned up yet?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I havn't actually been down to the showgrounds yet... but now that i've got my laptop up and running... Photos are easy to transfer from my phone to PC. So if i'm not working i'll take some pics, edit them (cropping etc.) and have them up by the end of the weekend. However if i'm working the photos probably wont be online till next week.

I have been told that almost all of Marchs gear has shown up.

So the list from what i'm aware of is so far...

MARCHS:

SkyWalker
Sesame Swing
Hurricane
Big Whizzer
Jumbo Slide
Wave Swinger

Flarhertys:

Shockwave
Possibly Fun Factory
Possibly Octopus

Davis:

Zipper

I am really hoping that Robert and Ian decide to take Cyber Party down there as it's been way too long since I last rode!
PNC

Post by PNC »

octopus and fun factory wont be there, they have hire work on saturday
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, so we can cross those off the list. But otherwise, a great lineup
Force10

Post by Force10 »

It seems like a very small line up too me. considering the size of GC. but i guess they have all the theme parks down there an ekka was only last week. so it makes sense. Good to see no double ups with what will be there!.
If Davis has their zipper, surely apline would be around too? or is it doin something else?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Rides List:

Hurricane
Skywalker
Shockwave
Zipper
2 Sizzlers
Slide
Cyber Party (Flash Dance?)
Wave Swinger
Alpine Express
Ali Baba

I have no Idea what is going on with Cyber Party... it has the old Flash Dance ticket box and Fences on it, maybe it's getting a name change?

I may or may not be able to get photos but I will see as i'm working.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

hey guys

accurate line up

ali baba
zipper
Shockwave
cyber party
dodgems x 4
alpine express
bungys x 2
big wizzer
joy wizzer
sky walker
jumbo slide x 2
seasme swinger
wave swinger
hurricane
feris wheel
simulator
fun factory
circus circus
big worm
mirror maze
pirate ghost (new)
numerious childrens rides
bubbles
joints
cheers katie
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Seems like a good line-up to me. Whats the Pirate Ghost? Just a ghost train?
Force10

Post by Force10 »

oh ok, yeah now that is a decent lineup. actually i might make my way down there just to try cyber party!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Pirate Ghost is a new ghost train imported from the US. I Belive Gill's own it. It is it's first show it's ever done.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cool, I'd like to see it. Yes, Justin Dale didn't like the old Flash ticket booth/control booth. He now has a separate ticket box which sits off the ride and he was building a new control box yesterday at Penrith Showground. I'll get some photos. It still has the Flash fences too
Force10

Post by Force10 »

oh god another new ghost train! it feels like that 80/90's again. Gills are really building up their rides.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmm... well the Cyber Party now has the Flash Dance Control Box. I was talking to Robert about it yesterday... The reason for only having 1 box is because this one fits on the truck whereas the old Cyber Party control room didn't fit. It will be getting a paintjob in a few weeks after it leaves QLD again after Beaudesert, Beenleigh and the Carnival of Flowers.

I am not on the showgrounds anymore this weekend. Due to having to be home after some issues arose. Just for reference... Hurricane FINALLY got to be on the Hurricane crew :lol: Even if it was only selling tickets.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, makes sense to get a smaller control box. The new Flashdance box is white at the moment but will be getting re-painted soon. Yes, Hurricane is working on the Hurri and Top Gunner on the top gun Lol
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Lol... I WAS working on the hurri :wink: I am back at home now.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Im here in the control booth now
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Lol, say Hi to your boss for me :P

Also... Dean Davis has had his Zipper cars repainted in the last week. The outer frames of each car are now white and the cars are painted in pairs. They are Red, Yellow and Orange.

IMO this Zipper is now Australia's best looking ride and has really changed since I first saw it 2 years ago.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, I'll say hello to my boss for you. And I was told the Zipper has just been repainted. Dean's had it in piece's recently and has just put it back together. Has the main frame been painted. Now we'll here no one complaining about the blue and yellow anymore Lol.

Justin Dale was saying you need about 3-4 men to move that old ticket box so that's why he got rid of it. The new one only needs one worker and the rest can go and setup something else.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Nah, the main boom is stil yellow.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Hey guys,
I have pics and stuff, and will put them up later when the wife does it for me!:) Well I always love driving to the goldy, but this time sucked ass...
Car failed before we even left, kids were in, wife was putting the bags in as I was putting the engine covers back on the ba! Didn't leave till 6.30pm.. grrr... But, my 2 girls (who are 2 yrs old) travelled really good, just got sick of hearing ahh big twuckk. Ahh daddys twuckk. hehe

Anyhoo, stayed in brissy thurs night, went through to crown plaza next morning with no sleep. (Girls decided the liked being awake in Brissy)
An hour after checking in got a massive temperature etc and was sick the whole trip!! yay...

The show was really, really clean and tidy and well spaced out. Loved the layout od the rides. But thats about all I loved, was a bit dissapointed with the line up. Certainly makes you appreciate what you have at home! Was still a great show, all the rides looked great, Alpine express had had some time spent on it, looks better already, sky walker had some issues while we were there. They had the locking mechs apart on one of the arms, and doing test runs all morning we left at midday and still had no one on it. They did alot of tests though which was good. The boys still had time to wave to the girls as the watched it going.. ewww prettyyys!!!

Dodgem tracks looked awesome, joints looked great, everyone working was very friendly, totally different feel to rockys show.

I'll get some pics up soon guys, and sorry hurri, I took our lappy but was that crook I didn't use it once so I didnt get your message...
"Slingshot , Engage"
princess

Post by princess »

Well Josh, you would win the keenest award for this week, wow, 600 klm round trip, by car, with kids under 2,I am very impressed, hope you are feeling better now, Great review. Thanks :shock: :lol: :lol: