EKKA 2009

Josh in Rocky

EKKA 2009

Post by Josh in Rocky »

hey all, If anyone is chasing accommodation for the ekka, there is still rooms left at the City Palms Motel which is a 5 minute walk to the showgrounds.
$149 a night so its cheap enough compared to other places who ask for double during that same period.
We are there 8th, 9th.

Much news yet on whats going or happening for this year??
"Slingshot , Engage"
kiwi

Re: EKKA 2009

Post by kiwi »

I am looking at making the trip back over. Does any one if any new rides will be their, I would like to see the new fun houses. Is the new Speed or Inversion likely to be there?

Cheers
Kiwi
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'm guessing the KMG Inversion will be there. As will probably a new Star Flyer swinging chair type ride that is made by Zamperla and bought by FJF Amusements. Will let you know on others. And also one of the funhouses I'm sure.
PNC

Post by PNC »

the tpa circus circus is unually there, id thunk that better amusements will bring pirates revenge as well, but i cant confirm
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh that's what I thought, I remember TPA's Circus Circus being there. So maybe one of the new fun houses might not be given approval. And yeh I think Pirate's Revenge is going
princess

Post by princess »

I hope that Ekka does not suffer this year due to swine flu, Ekka always seem to have major flu problems, when it is on, a couple of years ago, they were giving out hand wash at the gates, this year they could also be handing out masks, lets hope they get this flu under control. :(
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

They were meant to hand out masks at a Ekka either last year or the one before. Never happened but anyway, I hope it doesn't effect the show too much. I remember having sideshow alley closing at 7:30pm one night... it was just sad.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

hey people,

i also remember that were giving the ekka a bad go about the flu last year. They seem to always do, when the flu had or has been so present, leading up to the ekka and if the ekka has a bad day ie no of people threw the gate they blame flu or something else. usually the flu doesn't stop people from going to ekka.i can imagine that this year they will blame the swine flu or the economic crisis garbage.
cheers katie
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

I could make a fortune selling masks at P!nk next weekend. It's a bit worrying when they say they are going to pospone public events in Melbourne.

Space Roller Freak
princess

Post by princess »

Hope showmen can put loss of income into their contracts with Ekka, low gate takings resulting in less rental, especially if this flu gets up and going.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Could Rainbow come out of hiding..... oh im sorry, I thought it was April 1 for a minute... foolish me.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Hi,

Sorry about the poor quality but I came across this photo in a recent Queensland travel brouchure printed in NZ.

Its credits the EKKA Show and from what I can make out it looks like the Turbo, a Paratrooper and Ferris Wheel. But it looks like it is set on grass, were the grounds grass? And any idea how many years ago it would have been taken?

Cheers
Kiwi
Attachments
img127.jpg
img127.jpg (22.57 KiB) Viewed 13730 times
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Nice find, That Paratrooper would be Trindalls Super Trooper.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I thought it might've been March's ex unit which PNC now owns as I heard or was once written March's used to do ekka with their Trooper
PNC

Post by PNC »

yeh im told mine once did capital shows when it was march's and also when pinks owned it, but that would have been a long time ago
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

We almost in the month of July peeps!!! Finally it is feeling closer, anyone got any updates for this years ekka??
"Slingshot , Engage"
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

just been on ekka website new rides for 2009 are listed as XXXL, Pirates Revenge, Rock n Roll and sky flyer
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Great to hear, looking forward to seeing the XXXL, as well as the Sky Flyer.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh should be good. All these new rides are looking top notch. I'm suprised one of the new fun factories didn't get on. Doesn't mention Sea Circus or Magic Circus. Does TPA's Circus Circus funhouse still attend?
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Yeah would have liked to have seen a new Funhouse, will just have to make another trip over at some stage
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I'd go to this year's Ekka kiwi, I would love to get up there to see the new gear all together at a capital. But 4 new rides is pretty sweet, can't kick off to much gear, its getting tight now with not alot of gear to get rid of for the new gear, everything is still popular and looking great
princess

Post by princess »

We will start to see rides that have not been here very long, but maybe they do not perform that well, being exited. I actually think we have discussed this in another thread
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I think we have too. Just mentioned it that's all
princess

Post by princess »

No Topgunner very relevant, remember the rumours going around at Sydney??
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I reckon this is where the new rides will go. XXXL will go beside SPEED where Halloween was last year. Starship 2000 will get the boot and Space Roller will be moved into it's old spot. Supa Sizzler will also get the boot, thus providing a big enough area for Pirates Revenge which would be in the center of Sideshow alley. Chaos and Claw will be also booted providing enough room for either Rock and Roll or Sky Flier. Not sure what the other ride is that will be booted. Hopefully not Insanity as it's a rather good ride. I can personally see Raupen Bahn getting the boot with Rock and Roll attending this year.

Thats just my predictions.