EKKA 2009

Super Loops

Re: EKKA 2009

Post by Super Loops »

great to see it. I will give it a try as well if only to enjoy the views.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh saw that video and photos a few weeks ago. Its a good design I think, no platforms/decks to construct etc. Only takes about 4 hours to setup I'm pretty sure. I could be wrong but I'm sure that's what I heard
PNC

Post by PNC »

i was coming home from a job on the weekend and seen most rides are now set up, i could see pirates revenge, crazy coaster, XXXL, speed, slingshot, starflyer, hard rock, power surge, break dance, space roller, circus circus that is what i seen while the lights were red, there was alot more set up, i could not see mega drop so i guess its not there (personally i think it should be) the layout is very different this year from what i can tell, speed seems in the same place, hard rock is different and pirates revenge is in the place of taipan and from what i could see XXXL is next to or close to spped (poor choice if you ask me with the lighting on both rides being similar, if they were apart then i think they would stand out better) Im going next tuesday and i will get photos this time and hopefully they are decent quality
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Drove past quickly on my way to meeting and noticed Sky View wheel is not set-up? - There?? Did I see right? or can someone confirm this? Is it still on darling harbour?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Here come the first media stuff guys....

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainmen ... n-brisbane

Not impressed with the spot that XXXL was given... hmmm... Rock N Roll looks impressive. But shame to see the carnival becoming more and more modern without all those amazing classics!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

More photos!

Amazing to see TPA's KAMIKAZE for the first time!

Before opening.
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Rock 'n' Roll looks very impressive, nice and bright which will attract attention.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I look forward to some detailed over-head shots of XXL. Rock n Roll is looking sensational as I'd expected. They appear to be using a similar layout to the past. Zipper has been in that spot before.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

XXXL look ridiculously massive.... Kerri-Ann Show is broadcast today from the EKKA, and she was on the chairlift, and they went right past it, it looks higher than Rainbow... :shock:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

KMG are bomb when it comes to 'height vs portability'
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Wow, can not wait to try XXXL. Looks amazing. I noticed the seats were spinning as the arm went over the top, anyone else notice that? Rather odd and can be pretty xtreme from what I've heard.

Chant's Rock N Roll looks superb, it operates faster than Bell's Thunderbolt but it doesn't have the cars swinging out over the hills and in through the valleys like the Thunderbolt. Hopefully all the new rides go well. Was suprised not to see Joyland's flume on there either.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Just a few pics till I get back to NZ next week, was very impressed with Chants new ride
Image\

Cheers
Kiwi
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Stuck in rocky airport for a 3 hour delay! Grr, I'm coming ekka!
"Slingshot , Engage"
Force10

Post by Force10 »

rode xxxl last night. Wow, that ride has so much potencial.. But was really disappointed with the lenght and overall intensity. I understand it's brand spankin new, an there's probly a whoppin big debt to pay off it- but I shouldn't have to pay ten bucks for 2min max worth of fun. It only got intense 3 times :( I will give it another chance tomorrow. Gave skyflier a burn too. Enjoyable experince nice family style ride. The absence of a platform let's it down heaps. It's scary to watch what is actually holds the chair to the chains. Let's hope that ride doesn't have an emergency stop it would be one hell of a tangled mess if it was activated! I also took the chance while tpa's kamikaze was in town to give it ago. It was dismantatled last yr days before open due to techincal problems. Overall the ride was very long and good value. Wasn't very smooth ride and restraints do little to hold u in which adds to the thrill! With hangover and kamikaze both havin a spot it felt like a battle off. Tpa was running it empty 'to appear busy' popular: drum up more paying customers. Watched them run 4 empties in the hour or so I was there. I thought I better ride both to compare. Hangover is by far the more smoother, and felt a little more intense. As only needed two swings before it was over the top. But I enjoyed tpa's rider interaction. This was missing on hangover. Hangover's appearance was incredible the switch to LEDs was a nice investment. Tpa's lights on all there rides really need maintaince - they were out and busted on all rides present- which isn't up to there usual high standards.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

$10 is a bit rich. How does the overall ride experience compare with Johnson's Hardrock?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I rode XXXL yesterday twice... and HOLY CRAP! it was more intense than No Limit was. It's normally 15 dollars a rider or 2 for 20 dollars. It did feel a bit expensive, but it was truly amazing. I will do a more full blown review in the coming days.
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks for the quick review Force 10, seems like we will have to wait for Hurricane's, hope Josh got to Brisbane ok. I am looking forward to seeing this XXXL, every time I see this I just think of extra extra extra large, that would be my husbands cloths size lol.
Last edited by princess on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The name really doesn't suit the name IMO. On the dutch forum, they all thought the name was funny cause they have their KMG XXL then we have the Inversion which is smaller than called XXXL.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

So, is XXXL sickening intense, or amazing fun intense?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Maybe Huss if you can do this at Melbourne show, you can do No Limit aswell :mrgreen:
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

My mate paid $15 in the morning to ride, wasn't too impressed when a hand written sign for $10 was put up later in the day.

Otherwise had a great day.
redhot

Post by redhot »

princess wrote:Thanks for the quick review Force 10, seems like we will have to wait for Hurricane's, hope Josh got to Brisbane ok. I am looking forward to seeing this XXXL, every time I see this I just think of extra extra extra large, that would be my husbands cloths size lol.
lol. :lol:
Onya Princess
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Hey guys, made it here eventually. Went straight to the show and was amazed at the size of the place! Got heaps of pics which I'll put up when I get home on Monday. Rock and roll , and xxxl the 2 stand outs for me as far as atmosphere goes. Watched them for ages ! Claw didn't move whole night, had lights on but no one home. Hehe. Insanity looked like it drove through a sand storm and looked like it was 30 years old! No lights working, no music or mic. Dissapointing. Makes a nice change seeing big lines, and excited faces. Catch ya's tomorrow!
"Slingshot , Engage"
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Hhaha, well hopefully I will have the courage to ride it at adelaide.
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks Josh, :D :D