Crackerjack Carnival

Turbo_X

Crackerjack Carnival

Post by Turbo_X »

hey guys

Crackerjack Carnival,
will be held from Thursday 28 May A fantastic fun “Denim & Lace” Ball
5pm – 10pm Friday 29th May 2009 – The Crackerjack Carnival inc. fireworks display @ 9pm.
9am – 10pm Saturday 30th May 2009 - The Crackerjack Carnival inc. fireworks display @ 9pm
9am – 5pm Sunday 31st May 2009 – The Crackerjack Carnival – Children’s Day with many activities suitable for children and the young at heart
at the Clem Jones Centre, Corner Creek and Stanley Roads Carina.

there will be side show alley, various stalls, arts and crafts exhibits, as well as several displays and demonstrations, lots of different types of food, sheep shearing, blacksmithing, camel and pony rides, an animal farm and a large fireworks display at 9.15 pm provides a feature attraction on Friday and Saturday evenings.
apparently described as Mini “Royal Show ” is Showtime in the Suburbs.
Turbo... The Xtreme Machine!
katestow77

Re: Crackerjack Carnival

Post by katestow77 »

hey people,

didn't go to cracker jack carnival last year but went the year before i hope its a good line up for the carnival as its usually better than the strawberry festival (Cleveland show)which is held in September.
cheers katie
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Nice to see you back, do you know what the Lineup for Crackerjack is Turbo_X? I'm just trying to decide if it's worth going... I suppose it might be as long as it's not flooded like last time!
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

hey people,

i cant promise the weather is going to be Kind but we can all hope as we have had such bad weather in the last week or so.
the weather forecast is looking rather un kind but in the last week or so they have gotten it wrong so we can hope its the same for the weekend. when we get out there on wednesday ill be able to give a better idea of whats going to be up there.
cheers katie
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Just remember what it was like when I went last year... Swampland!
PNC

Post by PNC »

im told power surge will be there, not sure what else
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Ride List:

Cyber Party
Flash Dance
Cha Cha
Power Surge
Kamikaze
Rock n Roll
Hurricane
Music Trip
Dodgems
Ferris Wheel
Bubbles
Kids Rides
Joints

I will be there this weekend working on the Trindall's Roller Derby.
Last edited by Hurricane on Fri May 29, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Better lineup than last year. Thanks for the info Hurri, looks like a good lineup. Is that Coney Fair's Rok N Rol or Young's? I didn't think Young's took their unit anywhere out of NSW
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Hey all, where abouts is this carnival?? Just wondering as Flashdance usually comes to Rocky which starts on Tues next week, and
noticing Power Surge was on your list, am hoping it might make the trip too??
Ta, josh
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

TopGunner, the rock n roll at Crackerjack is Coney Fair's unit. And Josh, Crackerjack is at Carina (eastern suburbs of Brisbane)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Alright thanks Hurri, I'm guessing Flashdance will make it to Rocky, will probably pack up Sunday night and make the trip up on Monday and setup between then. Umm not sure about the Power Surge going to Rocky, I heard its doing the Lower run so it may be going to Toogoolowah or Caboolture instead but you never know, Joylands may take it up. Hope this years Crackerjack goes well. Will we see any photos or a review?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

If I get time off work, I will try and put together a review. I will see how things go.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Thanks for that guys, just hoped, as we havent seen it here before. Will see what happens..
"Slingshot , Engage"
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

hey guys

good line up a lil damp but not as bad as last year lets hope the sun breaks threw
cheers katie
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well guy's, today was a bit busier than last night... however right in the middle of my rush on the joint... the power decided to start tripping every 30 seconds! it ended up taking 30 minutes to successfully finish one race, with the game stopping and starting as I lost power. All the customers thought it was great fun watching me entertain everyone. For the poor bugger's that paid, I ended up giving a 2nd race. At least the fact that I had to make an idiot of myself drew a massive crowd and was flat strap. As far as weather goes it was a brilliant day, looking a bit overcast but the rain held off. Got a ride on Cyber Party, Dale's Cha Cha as well as Power Surge today. I am off to bed now as I have a early start, will let you know how it goes.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

At least its going all right up there, poor you with the power tripping out, not the best in the middle of a busy period. Hopefully the rest of the event goes well
princess

Post by princess »

Hurri, you are what every joint owner needs. :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Some good news... the power did NOT trip today at all, and for the 2nd day in a row... my Joint made more than the Cyber Party :lol: The weather was great for once, unlike the usual "Crackerjack Weather" as it is known by the Showies. Also parts of Cyber Party have started to be re-painted, the main deck, fences and all the trims have been painted red. Not sure if it could lead to a possible re-theme in the future, but I guess we will see.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

hey guys

the weather was in general preety good the crowd was full of families today which was nice to see instead of the older annoying teenagers that were only there to cause trouble. and yea no power trips today which was good. the weather was not to kind the sarvo but it didnt last long.
cheers katie