Rocky NYE Carnival

Josh in Rocky

Rocky NYE Carnival

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Hey guys, only a small carnival, but better than nothing as it's pretty quiet around this neck of the woods...
Back to the old Stapylton Park, PCYC grounds...
A night market, entertainment, Bills Amusements
# Hurricane
# Sizzler
# Trailer Mounted Giant Slide
# Teacups
# Simulator
# Various Kids rides
"Slingshot , Engage"
DEEFA DODGEM

Re: Rocky NYE Carnival

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Bills' Hurricane is one of the American imports with the "boxy" carriages and their Sizzler is hydraulically driven and not chain or shaft driven which gives a smooth ride and not a jerky/clunky ride. I haven't seen any other hydraulically driven ones before, I don't know how many there are in oz? I'll try to get some pics if I can of the hurricane racked and set up if I can catch it.

DEEFA.
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

I think the Ex Paiver's unit is a Hydraulically driven Sizzler, along with A1 Amusement's Sizzler (One of 2 they own)
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

you'll find 99% of the Sizzlers operating are all hydraulically driven. (not as gooder ride experience as the 'cog drive' in my opinion)

ex-Pavier's Super Sizzler is unique in that it's tyre driven from a crankshaft - very simple but effective design.

PS. Deefa, pics of that Hurri would be great!
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Zamperla wrote:
ex-Pavier's Super Sizzler is unique in that it's tyre driven from a crankshaft - very simple but effective design.
How effective is it Zamperla? lol. I think someone had a nice long ride an got a lil sick not too long ago on this one! haha
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

I'll see how I go with those photo's for you Zamperla, I don't think this Hurri has been shown on this site yet. As for most of the Sizzlers/Whizzers being hydro driven,I wasn't aware of that. We only get Marchs' Big Whizzer up here in Rocky and I'm sure that's one of the old style driven units if I'm not mistaken. There you go, you learn something new everyday......

DEEFA.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

the reason I prefer the cog-drive is that it gives a better 'kick-spin' whereas the hydraulic ones have only one main motor which pumps fluid to all 3 spindles - problem being that it often doesnt distribute the same speed to all 3. (often you notice them going at slightly different speeds if you pay close attention (due to things like age of individual hydraulic hoses, bearings, weight in cars) - whereas the cog has zero 'slippage'

Having said that, 99% of the general public are not ride enthusiasts and would never notice a difference

How effective is it Zamperla? lol. I think someone had a nice long ride an got a lil sick not too long ago on this one! haha
yes... almost too effective! :?
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Obviously 99% of the general population lead a very boring life! :lol: :lol:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

well said Deefa - agreed!
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

All of their gear is extremely well looked after, and makes for great pics..
There is a pic of their hurri in one of the threads on here about hurricanes... Was a while ago though, so wouldn't know where to look :)
I have operated their Sizzler, and it is sooo smooth when running, don't know what others are like, but there is no vibration on the deck like I would have thought you would get.. great ride...
"Slingshot , Engage"
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Won't be any pix from this turn out, Stapleton Park where this shindig was to be held, has about 30cm of water over it. Most likely Flood Water. As for those who don't know, Rocky is expecting its' second highest ever recorded flood level after the weekend. :( :(

DEEFA.
princess

Post by princess »

Hope you will be ok Deefa, hope you had a good NYE anyway, good luck to Rocky.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep all fingers crossed for all you guys in that flood affected area coming through okay. Keep us posted when you can!

As for the Super Sizzler, definitely a great ride if not a little uncomfortable! I often end up with bad legs after riding as they are pushed against the side of the car; worth it though!
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Thanx for your thoughts guys. Luckily I won't be getting any water through my place, Rocky will be in REAL trouble if my place gets flooded, as it is built towards the Range area which is a very elevated area of Rocky. So if my home gets water near it, half of Rocky will be under water! Unfortunately my work place has about half of a metre of water around it and I was unable to work for the 3 days last week, and by the way the river is rising, all of next week as well. I have 2 weeks holidays at the end of January and will have to take the days I haven't been able to get to work as annual leave as well. The timing of the flood wasn't too good, it could have flooded while I was away on holidays! :lol: :lol:

DEEFA.

P.S. FIRST post for 2011 going by A.A.F. website time. :D