Ipswich Show (Some Photos Added)

Hurricane

Ipswich Show (Some Photos Added)

Post by Hurricane »

Hey guys, The Ipswich show is on again this weekend! I will be heading out there tonight to see what gear is there. As far as I am aware March's and Trindalls are there. I will take some pics and maybe some video footage tonight and upload either today or tomorrow.
Last edited by Hurricane on Sun May 15, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurricane

Re: Ipswich Show

Post by Hurricane »

Ride Lineup:

Cyber Party
Power Surge
Hard Rock
Flash Dance
Cha Cha
Dodgems
Ferris Wheel (Davis)
Dodgems (Shorts)
Sea Circus
Voyager Simulator
Bubbles
Kids Rides.

PHOTOS: More coming later tonight along with video of Cyber Party

Cyber Party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em_WzKc7jf4

Dodgems

Flash Dance

Power Surge

Ferris Wheel

Force10

Re: Ipswich Show (Some Photos Added)

Post by Force10 »

Hi All - sorry it's been a while!

I went out to the show today, it was a great day for it! Last month I went to RES for the first time and I have to say I much prefer local show's like Ipswich, while they are small they aren't sterile, bordering on clinical and the atmosphere is 'real'.

I rode Cyber Party first up, I love this ride its a sensation like no other and the operators aren't afraid to take it to full speed... every cycle! I wish it was on at every show I went too.

Next up was Power Surge - This ride is looking absolutely brilliant, It was looking great in Sydney too. I always love seeing this ride - long cycles too.

Hard Rock was missing the K from the top - must have fallen off or broken. It was a short cycle, but the operator did push it to top speed, but I have had better times on this ride.

I didn't think much of Flash Dance last time I rode it - I have to say it has improved. I had to laugh when I bought the ticket for it - the kid in the ticket box gave me my tickets and change then said - "You do know you are riding at your own risk" ... Anyway I clearly didn't die and the ride experience was much smoother than last time.

Hurricane, do you know who's CHA CHA that was? I'd never seen it before, I didn't give it ago... I was disappointed that a Zipper was racked behind the Davis wheel, asked why it wasn't up - got the two responses - "it's broken" and "It's not working anymore".. I don't trust my sources I hope its neither. There really wasn't anywhere for it to go, but it the space could have been used a little bit better.

Does anyone know what Sky Walker, XXL and Speed are up to, strange they weren't on at Hawkesbury ?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

No idea about the cha cha, and in regards to the zipper it is not broken but I am unable to say much more at this stage. Cyber party has a new operator and he is not scared to crank it to speed
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Great pics Hurricane :D When i rode Hardrock at Tamworth and RES they where only short rides. They would get it going for a bit, stop it than get it going
again for another cycle. Not sure why there doing it :?
princess

Post by princess »

Welcome back Force, glad you did'nt die, too, also my feeling exactly about RES, but not much can be done, I will predict that Ekka could lose its atmosphere with all the refurbishing of the grounds, which will be such a shame, cause last time I was there it had a great atmosphere.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers for the photos and the review. Skywalker, Speed and XXXL were up at Grafton over the weekend. Must say I was disappointed at Sydney aswell with Hard Rock, only short cycles were being run even in the mornings when it was quieter when i rode it, still great though feeling the g's as it swings through the deck
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah... it was running a very short cycle when I rode it as well. Just waiting on my friend to e-mail some pics through to me and there will be more uploaded as I mainly took the video footage (Which was all taken on my mobile, along with the pics posted)
benclare

Post by benclare »

Great review as always!

It seems all the refurbishments going on at the capital showgrounds are having negative affects on the carnival atmosphere which is disappointing. I must say I still do like the atmosphere of the carnival at RES but a local show is something special for sure.

I didn't ride Hard Rock at RES this year; it seems I made the right choice! Normally it is a good ride with excellent cycles. Perhaps it is experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I would say it's probably a new or different operator. The Cyber Party has a new operator right now, and let me tell you... I don't think I've ever had a cycle as intense on the ride as I did this weekend. Flash Dance's cycle did however leave a lot to be desired, it went backwards for maybe 30 seconds before finishing up for the whole ride. This included the time it took to speed back up as well... Power Surge was looking great as well, but I think Dean's Wheel needs to be taken off the road for a few weeks and fixed up. Around 1/2 the lights were not working at the show, and it was similar at the Gladstone Harbour Festival.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

I noticed when Hardrock was at Tamworth not long ago, that pretty much anyone was having a go at operating it.
Maybe there trying different operators. Or maybe someone could just go and ask next they see it.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

They still have the same operator whose been doing it for the past few years. Shame though cause it's great having a long cycle on the Hard Rock, great ride if you ask me
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Well im new to this site and i can tell you that i havent seen the Sky Walker since 2009, XXL was at my show this year again for the second year in a row and Speed well i dont know what happened to that ride, it had been going to my show here for 4 years in a row and this year it didnt show... and i dont know where Hawkesbury is, wheres it located in?
princess

Post by princess »

NSW, near Windsor
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

okay... :)