Paniyiri 2011

Force10

Paniyiri 2011

Post by Force10 »

This weekend is Paniyiri - Brisbane's annual Greek Festival. I've never been before but have always been told there is a good line-up of Rides for an event like this.

I know Power Surge, Mid Night Express, Speed, Kamikaze and some of March's gear has made appearances in the past years. I'm trying to sourcing a line-up now. Does anyone have an idea of what might show up?

Cheers,
Force
Hurricane

Re: Paniyiri 2011

Post by Hurricane »

Cyber Party
Power Surge
Freestyle

I know for a fact Cyber Party will be there, Power Surge was last year as well... so probably a similar line up to Ipswich.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Awesome ride line-up

Skywalker
Speed
Cyber party
Hangover
Energy Storm
Dale's Cha Cha
Rock and Roll (old school version)
Dogems
Magic Circus
Super Jump
Kids rides and joints.

Really good to see such a strong turn out
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Energy Storm- holy shitballs!! That ride pulls some G's! Last time I rode it was back in 2005 when it was last on at Ekka. So you could imagine my excitement when I saw it down there today.

This ride was so intense that I came close to blacking out, I could honestly feel my heart struggling. My right kidney also twinged. (it was extreme!) rode it a second time operator knew I was back for more!

Hangover was doing some good things too - I have never been on a cycle as fast as it was today! Today reminded me how much I prefer it over kamikaze/ranger. It's slot smoother! Cyber Party again was unreal and skywalker as always.

Speed broke down but had been running full loads all day.

Was a great carnival area packed full of atmosphere!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good review thanks mate. Ahh Energy Storm is a ride I tend to avoid now, fast and action packed ride but painful as the harness was digged right into my thighs. Although they look quite similar with the same action, I found TPA's Extreme to be a much better ride, can feel the g's on that too.

Also how was Super Jump looking? Heard it's had a repaint
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Energy Storm is running great-guns since its owner had AC drives installed. Line up for a seat if you see it!
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Sounds like I'll have to add Energy Storm to my must ride list....love having my limits tested.
ImageImage
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Sorry I don't have any photos guys. Super Jump was looking good, I don't know how long it's been since I've seen it. (only ever see Laurie's Techno Jump and it always looks good).

I know what you mean Top Gunner, it can be pretty rough but it doesn't muck around which is what grew on me bout it this weekend. I personally found the seats an harnesses comfortable, I think there are more rides out there that are much worse. Extreme better get a spot at Ekka! I hope to compare both of them.

Yes Matt it's definitely one to add to your list - Havent been on a ride like it ever! (cyclone that orbitor we use to have was closest I've experienced, so I have high hopes for extreme). Make sure you talk to the operator let him know your serious! I was asking him what he thought of pickett's new ride..he sure told me!