Gladstone show

Josh in Rocky

Gladstone show

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Anyone headed out to gladdy's show today? I will be giving it a miss this year only due to work,
Anyone else checking it out???
"Slingshot , Engage"
Steve07

Re: Gladstone show

Post by Steve07 »

I would of but i... dont think i would make it, since i live down in the Gympie Region and that i work today... but if i had a chance i would love to see that show...

is Gladstones show big or very small? do they have good rides that show up? and how many days does it go for??
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

I happen to drive past the grounds from a quick glance across I saw Kamikaze and at least 5 jumping castles
can't imagine this event has improved for last year I think Josh posted a review
I definitely wouldn't recommend a drive from Gympie

This event seems to continue to loose community support
Several year back they moved the date away from a public holiday weekend in june in an attempt to take advantage of more people not leaving town for the weekend
This seemed to backfire as more people seem to have decided the the Mount Larcom (a nearby rural area ) Show which is held in june is worth the visit

The Local Newspaper's online story received some rather harsh comments But many have been saying this for years
http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/sto ... y-support/

I think the comments about the leaders of the committee and the committee needing new leader a quite true
benclare

Post by benclare »

Hopefully this show will get community support in the future, otherwise it will fold like so many regional and rural events did throughout the early 2000's. Part of the reason for that was high insurance premiums but also the lack of community support played a part.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Okay, at least Kamikaze showed up if thats the case thats good i guess for a small show, but yeah that sounds bad about the show in the future with people not coming to surport it, but isnt there a festival earlier in the year that happens and has alot of rides that show up in Gladstone...???
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

There is the Gladstone Harbour Festival in April each year, attracts quite the crowd and a very decent line up.