Gladstone harbour festival -2012.

DEEFA DODGEM

Gladstone harbour festival -2012.

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Headed on down to Gladstone over Easter for the annual festival again this year. Ride list was: Cyber Party, Claw, Kamikaze, Energy Storm, Flash Dance, Dodgems, Super Trooper, Scrambler, Ultimate Party Machine, Temple of Doom, Jumbo Slide plus kids rides and dozens of stalls. A notable absence this year was Marchs' gear but a first time appearance for the Energy Storm and Watkins recent purchase: The Claw. Weather was perfect and crowds were big on Good Friday, so I decided to give the Claw a try since it hasn't been up this way since Durkins first bought it to Australia 20 odd years ago! It was a "clunky" ride to say the least but quite a thrill to ride all the same for me. Cyber Party and the Party Machine were going off and the Energy Storm was doing quite well for its' first turn out as well. I did notice though that some rides were up to $9 per person which is getting a bit steep, but I guess that's inflation for you. All in all, a good little turn out for a festival that was celebrating 50 years of amusements.

DEEFA.
princess

Re: Gladstone harbour festival -2012.

Post by princess »

Thanks for the review Deefa
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Not a bad line-up, cheers Deefa
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good to hear the Claw wasn't scrapped or sold overseas. IMO it's a pretty good ride. I remember it was a sensation when it debuted in 2000.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Excellent news about Claw. is it really 20 years old???! such visually impressing ride, Watkins will travel this well (there are some many people who've never seen this ride before!). Great purchase for them.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

2000 was when the ride first came down under, so about 12-13 yrs old. That's one reason why they bought it, with all the shows they go to no one would have seen it. From what I've heard it's been doing well