Sunshine Coast Show (Nambour)

Force10

Sunshine Coast Show (Nambour)

Post by Force10 »

Hey Guys,

This was a great show, just spend Sunday down there weather was sensational but crowds were pretty low. Had a fantastic ride line up-

Midnight Madness
Kamikaze
Claw
Wave Swinger
Powersurge
Rockstar
Cha-Cha (? Taylor's )
Cha-Cha (Toungs)
Freestyle
Round-up
Ferris wheel (Chant's)
Cyber Party
Techno Jump (Lauire's)

I say this everytime I see it, but Joylands keeps power surge in tip top shape. It's a real credit to them, an I know pays off for them, they were probly running half loads every cycle on a day it was difficult to get one or two riders. Cyber party is a real pleasure, it's a machine of extreme limits. So good I rode it twice.

First time I've seen Freestyle, impressive looking machine, chant's equipment is top class. Good ride, no real difference between Speed though IMO.

Youngs Cha Cha was incredible I have to admit its been several years since I've been on a grass cutter but it was very enjoyable. Taylor's I think was the other machine, it was also great. It's amazing how they can build up speed & fluctuate intensity so easily.

The Claw - I am so proud this machine is free, Durkins didnt do this beast justice. Fantastically intense ride, is looking a little tired, but is running perfectly. Kamikaze was out of operation till well after lunch, they were making some repairs to the back cage. Top gunner, you mentioned how bare it looks without lights on arms, in real life it's not so bad. They are obviously taking a leaf out of oneil shows book on low maintance appearance, beside space roller watkins are pretty casual on replacing burnt & cracked light caps ( it must get expensive!) . Kamikaze could do with a good wash down though there was spider webs all through the cage. The thrill of this ride is always falling out of the seat, I don't think I've ever felt properly restrained on it.
Midnight Madness & rock star, much the same. Did enjoy both but rockstar is very shiny & new!!
Also rode round-up & wave swinger.

Top 3 rides of the show-
Cyber Party
Claw
Powersurge

Will be coming back again next year, great show!
Steve07

Re: Sunshine Coast Show (Nambour)

Post by Steve07 »

Hey I too went to the show for a few hours today, was a great show like last year but reckon it was a bit quite then usual for this year, was much better in rides then last years i say..

I went on most of the rides that were there, Freestyle was good, i say its different to Speed but Speed much better, Claw looked great would of went on it but looked like it would pack a punch on in G's so i missed it, may try it next time i see it anyway had limited on money on me so couldnt really go on all rides but yeah Rockstar i went on, feels just the same as Midnight Madness, but Midnight Madness has a longer ride then Rockstar i say just felt longer...
Kamikaze looked alright most of the day when i was there in riders, dont know how many riders it had on most times.. Power Surge was looking in great shape i say too, very clean it looked, had a few riders on it most times so i would say it was doing alright just for today.
Went on both Cha Cha's Taylors was much the same as Youngs one there, both fast in speed and longer rides on it a few people on it but not so great the operator called Paul said to me from Taylors one, he was talking to me about not getting not many riders all the 3 days he's been there, crappy day he said, he also said someone wanted to know who owned the ride to me, he thought it was me but it wasnt, was it you Force 10???
anyway other then that i would say it was a great show this year, would love to go to next years one again...

I also have photos and videos of the show, ill be uploading them to the photobucket page soon, most likely it will be up by monday afternoon, but ill let you's know when its up??
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Haha yeah that was me. I wanted to clear up my uncertainty of who owned it.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

haha okay :) good to know Force10

anyway if anyone wants to look at the photos and videos i took of the show, they are now available to look at, the website link to the photos and videos is below this, let me know what you's think of these???

http://photobucket.com/sunnycoastshow2012
benclare

Post by benclare »

Cheers for the reviews!

Sounds like an awesome show but a pity about the lack of riders. It's disappointing because operators won't continue coming back if people aren't interested in attending the show and doing the rides. I guess the crook economy is biting.
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

like Gympie this year I didn't think we would get what we got this year and the return of Speed and the Hangover and an Ali (we did always get the gills one i believe) just the one miss was the March's Hurricane (first time in my life) yet we still didn't get good patronage on the rides other than Friday. Saturday is never good as rides take half the day to open and only run about 6 hours before closing and packing up
Sit Back Hold Tight Here We Go!
sunnycoastqld

Post by sunnycoastqld »

sunday afternoon
Attachments
P1000667.JPG
P1000667.JPG (210.77 KiB) Viewed 4948 times