2 Carnivals & Ekka

benclare

Re: 2 Carnivals & Ekka

Post by benclare »

Yes you're right. Until a few years ago Easter carnivals used to run at Merrylands, St. Marys and I am fairly sure there used to be one in the Liverpool area too. Just outside Sydney, there was Gosford, the Entrance and Newcastle Foreshore.

These days it's the RES and Sydney family Show and not much else. The next few months will see a heap of spring fairs and school fates which can sometimes be okay, not to mention Penrith Show at the end of August.

So wish I was in Brisbane at the moment!
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

okay it looks really nice when its on its trailer folded down, anyway i wanted to know something, i see North QLD shows are on lately most up there, do the showmen that do the north run go to the EKKA, if they do, do they go straight down the coast to EKKA after they have done the shows up north because thats a long long drive back down or do they stop over at other towns the way back or something???
princess

Post by princess »

They do shows on the way up, most come back after Cairns, Ekka used to be the major draw card, but since the huge rentals and lack of space this has waned, thus the emergence of the north and south carnivals, then it's off to the other Capitals, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth, then some regional shows in Victoria.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'd love to do a tour of the country like that! I don't doubt the show industry is hard work though.
princess

Post by princess »

Putting up and pulling down is pretty constant during this run, I would think, I have never done this run, but would've liked to have, gets you away from the cold of the south
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Hey Princess what runs have you done? I never have worked at a show or carnival before. I'd love to but I couldn't handle the long days and nights :oops:
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

benclare wrote:Yes you're right. Until a few years ago Easter carnivals used to run at Merrylands, St. Marys and I am fairly sure there used to be one in the Liverpool area too. Just outside Sydney, there was Gosford, the Entrance and Newcastle Foreshore.

These days it's the RES and Sydney family Show and not much else. The next few months will see a heap of spring fairs and school fates which can sometimes be okay, not to mention Penrith Show at the end of August.

So wish I was in Brisbane at the moment!
We'll have a heap of Spring fairs in September, end of August is the Ramadan festival at Bankstown which has a few big rides including the Power Surge. I'll have to try and get a few photos this year too.
pigdog69

Post by pigdog69 »

Well north lakes is on today let's hope for big crowds
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

will the north lakes fair be still running on the last day Saturday next weekend, cause i havent had a chance of going to it, im hoping i will be able to make it that day to see whos there in rides and may take a few photos of it???
PNC

Post by PNC »

i was at north lakes on saturday, its a great line up, my kids had a blast
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

that sounds like you had a great time there PNC... i will be attending it on the last day this Saturday, so hopefully its still running!! :)
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Yes we will deffinately be still running on Saturday.

Come say G'day when you get there
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

didnt get to go to the fair, would of been great if i attended it, had work commitments so didnt get a chance to go, hopefully ill get to go to it next year....
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Anyone know how the other carnivals went? Sounded like some good times!
"Slingshot , Engage"