No Limit at Ekka?

Ekkafan03

No Limit at Ekka?

Post by Ekkafan03 »

Why doesn't No Limit go to the Ekka anymore? I have always wanted to go on it but never is at Ekka? Anyone know why?
princess

Re: No Limit at Ekka?

Post by princess »

Not sure if this is the reason, but the rents are way to expensive at Ekka also space is at a premium but someone else might give another reason
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

I heard something about the Owners having a fight with the Brisbane organizers hence why they have never returned :S
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Rent prices being ridiculous at the RNA showgrounds, show not attracting the numbers to make it worthwhile anymore. Especially when it was competing with Extreme Speed AND Insanity. In fact a lot of companies have pulled out of EKKA due to similar reasons. Joylands don't take Power Surge anymore and Bells have fully pulled out (both No Limit and Thunderbolt) Even TPA are not putting as many rides on as they used to... Cliffhanger, Raupen Bahn and even Twin Flip are examples... This year the EKKA was viable but most of the time it's just not worth it...
Ekkafan03

Post by Ekkafan03 »

Queensland really does need a better capital show, The Ekka sideshow alley has really gone down hill. Sooner or later Northside fun fair will be bigger !
Do you think any of the rides like No Limit or Power Surge will ever make a return?
princess

Post by princess »

Maybe to north side fun fair??? Sounds like a better alternative
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Am I being biased in hoping Browns Plains becomes bigger than North Lakes because it's a 10 minute drive from my house? :P
benclare

Post by benclare »

I guess having such world class theme parks as DW a short drive from Brisbane wouldn't be doing much for the Ekka either although both have coexisted since the 80's. While ride fanatics like ourselves see differences between a carnival and theme park experience, others might see the theme park as a more viable option as rides are free after gate entry unlike Ekka. This may also be why free entry carnivals are becoming popular around Showtime as well.