Rockhampton Show 2015

Steve07

Rockhampton Show 2015

Post by Steve07 »

Rockhampton show is on from today and runs for 3 days, its usually a good show, this year the dates are different, since last year it clashed with Yeppoon show, ill be attending the show all 3 days here.

Hopefully ill be able to get photos and videos of this show, ill upload them sometime next week..
DEEFA DODGEM

Re: Rockhampton Show 2015

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

This years show would have been one of the worst for takings for operators and stall holders in years. Combined with gale force winds, crappy weather and Rocky still recovering from Category 5 cyclone Marcia, it was pretty poor. Speed 2 and Dark Ride packed up on the 2nd last night and moved out! Sky Walker was racked up outside the showgrounds the day before,but gave Rocky a miss this year.But this year saw the return of Speedway on the Friday night which kept the crowds around for a fair while. It was good to see the Power Surge up this way,and I hope it makes a return next year as I'd like to try it out. Unfortunately, due to a fractured skull and a bleed on the brain earlier for me, I was mainly an observer this year (under medical advice).
Rides from memory were:
ALPINE EXPRESS (looking very run down)
XXXL
SIMULATOR
ENERGY STORM
ALIEN ABDUCTION
SEA CIRCUS
SPEED 2
AVENGER-NEW
SPACE ROLLER
XTREME
CRAZY CARS
JOY WHIZZER
ALI BABA
FREAK OUT
SPINNING COASTER
SLIDE
SKY FLYER
MAGIC CIRCUS
HANG OVER
MIDNIGHT EXPRESS
GILLS DODGEMS
SHORTS DODGEMS
SHORTS LETS DRIVE DODGEMS
BREAK DANCE
SHORTS ZIPPER
POWER SURGE-NEW TO ROCKY
9D CINEMA
DAVIS WHEEL
NITRO DODGEMS
DARK RIDE
FUN FACTORY.

Like I said, these are the rides from memory as the fractured skull and bleed on the brain and has affected my memory greatly. S**t happens!

DEEFA.
Last edited by DEEFA DODGEM on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve07

Re: Rockhampton Show 2015

Post by Steve07 »

Hey guys sorry for the late reply, as DEEFA said it was a really bad show in crowd numbers, about speed 2 and dark ride, found out that they went to Finch Hatton (Pioneer Valley) for that sunday that week. Sky Walker decided not to do rocky because they did Yeppoon and also had whizzer in that spot, instead went to Finch Hatton for that sunday. The Avenger does look better now with the artwork on the back, also March's Big Whizzer has had a massive makeover, new paint and new lighting, and so much faster then the smaller one. The whizzer you see in the photos is the smaller version. Well I hope to attend this again next year hopefully its a bit better. Also sorry to hear that DEEFA hopefully you did enjoyed the show still.

I have uploaded the photos of the show on my page, if you would like to check them out the link is below this
http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/steve ... how%202015