School Holiday Carnival

Top Gunner14

School Holiday Carnival

Post by Top Gunner14 »

G'day guys, i'm new to the forums, i'm adam and i live in western sydney. My first post, i've got some news on a small carnival which is operating throughout the school holidays. The carnival is located at St mary's near penrith, west of sydney. Rides include:

Top Gun
Durkin's Ex Hurricane
Sizzler
Dodgem's
Zoomer (swinging chairs)
Giant slide
Jungle Challenge
Various kid's rides

The carnival is located near the swimming centre and the shopping centre where target is.

Cheers

Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Welcome Adam, sounds like John Phelan's gear to me, least all rides have not deserted to warmer weather.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Welcome Top Gunner,

Don't mean to steal your thunder but there is also a school holiday carnival operating down here in VIC - at the Docklands. I am not sure what is there as I have not been, but it is likely to be some of Wittingslow's gear.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'll also just add that the Top Gun has also recently been re-painted with a "2 Fast 2 Furious" theme

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Welcome to our Forums!

I checked out the Topgun at the Narrabeen Carnival over Christmas; I hadn't seen it previously but it's identical to O'Neil's Ranger I think.

Will check out that carnival at St. Mary's if I get a chance.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Just to add, the Top Gun and O'neill's ranger are manufactured by 2 different companies. The Top Gun is an A.R.M High flier, (the only single arm ranger on our shores) and then the fabbri kamikaze. But the top gun can do a full loop quiker than the fabbri kamikaze's. The top gun takes a couple of swings and once the arm is horizontal, the arm can then do a full loop over the top. But the thing that the top gun lacks, is that it can't do the fast upside down loops that o'niels ranger can do. But my mate who owns the top gun told me, he can set it up with about 4 men in close to an hour and a half

cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

theres something that I'll always love about O'Neills ranger... i think it was all those times wittingslow would bring it out... such a classic ride! im glad its still around
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

The Top Gun was the one that Ashley bought off of Pickett's last year.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Phillip Durkin has just set up the sling shot at the carnival.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:theres something that I'll always love about O'Neills ranger... i think it was all those times wittingslow would bring it out... such a classic ride! im glad its still around
I completely agree with you Huss. I was so thrilled to see it was still at some of our shows this year and going better than ever despite the incident at Moomba. The Ranger doesn't stay upside down as long as the Topgun, Hangover etc but the speed of the loops it does is amazing, not to mention that characteristic sound of the highly geared motor and the cages sweeping over the platform. I love it and I hope O'Neil's will keep it travelling.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

yeah its an amazing ride.
and i didnt know durkins owned sling shot.... is this correct?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I assume Slingshot = Swing of Insanity
princess

Post by princess »

It is Phillip Durkin that has the sling shot, yes a Durkin, a long story, but does not have anything to do with Durkin/Wardall, anymore.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I checked out the carnival on Friday. Everything was going. Thrill rides were $5 each(or coupons). As I said Slingshot was up and running but no Insanity, bit disappointed. (Durkin couldn't get it up).

First was the Top Gun. Looking very sleek with the new "2 fast 2 furious" theme paint job. Giving us a good 5 minute ride cycle. Taking only 4 swings to get over the top and do a full loop. Lots of hang time(or upside time hanging us there). But very fun. But not as fast loops as O'neill's ranger.

Soon was the hurricane. Looking a bit run down but the cars were newly painted. Not a long ride cycle 'bout 2 minutes. Sound of air wasn't loud. Not the best ride on a hurricane I've had.

After was the sizzler. Getting some good fast speed. New paint job and a good long ride cycle.

As I said everything else was running. Slingshot was $20. I think that will be the permanent price from now on(to get more customers) and there was also the dodgems, zoomer and other kids rides. Carnival runs till the end of the holidays. Saturday night there will be fireworks.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good review! It's a shame the weather is so wet here in Sydney today; both that carnival and Luna Park wouldn't be getting too many riders I think. :(
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks Ben. Sorry I didn't get any pics. In my reviews in the future, i'll post some pics. I'll be getting a camera in the next couple of days. And ben, how do you post the pics without a link like how u just have the big pic on the post.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I don't think Ben has posted photos before - (he can answer that)

What you have to do is surround the link to the photo with [img]and[/img] when writing the post.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok. I thought ben did post fotos. Thanks for the tip though dave, i'll try it see if it works

Cheers
Top Gunner14