Castle Hill Show 2008 (Review and Pics added)

Top Gunner14

Castle Hill Show 2008 (Review and Pics added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Castle Hill this weekend the 29th, 1st and 2nd of March. Will be there with the cattle but will take a heap of pics and do the review. Rides this year:

Mega Drop
Haunted mansion
Music Trip
Dodgems
Ferris Wheel
Roc n Rol
Cha Cha
Maybe Hurricane
Maybe Flashdance
Maybe Ali baba

Not 100% on some rides that say maybe but the rest will be there

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks for that Topgunner! I'll see what I can do about getting out there this Saturday and will look for you if I get there!

Alpine Express usually does this show so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned up. Mega Drop is definitely a first and it'll be interesting to see it running in such a small area. It is a shame Topgun won't be there though.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, they tried to get top gun on but no room. Havent seen alpine xpress before. Ive been goin since 2006. But also heard that shorts zipper mite turn up. Not definite. Will look 4 u ben. Will be busy Saturday. Try and catch up
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes I think Alpine Express was last there in 05 or 6. It always did the Sydney suburban shows including Blacktown, Penrith, Luddenham, Castle Hill and St. Ives but seems to do more QLD and Vic events these days.

It'll be good to ride the Rock-n-roll again as I haven't been on it for some years.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, a great ride the roc n rol. So no flashdance which is a shame. But theyve started settin up. Hope zipper gets there
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Mega drop and ferris wheel are setup now. I think everything else is there just dad cant see them from the road
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The line up for this years show is:

Mega Drop
Haunted Mansion
Hurricane
Roc n Roll
Cha Cha
Music Trip
x2 Dodgem Tracks
Ferris Wheel
Inflatables
Kids Rides

A good turn out with mega drop rocking up this year. Bit disappointing with no flashdance or ali baba. But, hope the weather holds off for a fun weekend.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
PNC

Post by PNC »

what is the roc and roll?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

When i upload the pics soon, ull see
benclare

Post by benclare »

I called into Castle Hill for an hour or so this morning and managed to fit in a couple of rides. I'll leave most of the review up to Topgunner who apparently has some pics to upload but thought I'd give you a brief description of what was there.

Megga Drop

This ride seemed out of place in such a small carnival and I think a Waveswinger or Flashdance type ride would've done better. The ride was in excellent condition as usual but just wasn't attracting the punters during the time I was there which was a pity.

Hurricane

Young's Hurricane isn't the loudest sounding one I've ridden but it sure gave the longest ride cycle I've experienced. the operator would slow the ride down, almost to a stop when he'd suddenly speed it up and we'd be off on another circuit that included loads of bouncing which is what I love! the only problem was that my arm started getting pins and needles from being squashed against the side for so long.

Cha Cha

Again this was an intense and long ride cycle with frequent slowing down followed by lengthy stints at high speed, almost as fast as Super Sizzler!

Rock-n-roll

This ride is fairly uncomfortable with a very tight lap belt but it's quite intense, flipping almost constantly with small stationary upside down intervals.

Other rides included Dogems, Music Trip, Ali Baba and a fair sized Ferris Wheel.

I did enjoy this show despite its small size and it did give me a rare chance to ride the Hurricane again.

Camden is on next Friday and Saturday and I guess Young's will be taking some of their equipment out there.

Speaking of Young's, I must thank the fellow operating the Hurricane who gave me a free ticket to ride everything at the Show, curtosy of the Showman's Guild of Australia. It was so cool of him and I appreciate it heaps! :D
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Thanks for that review benclare! Sounds like ya had a great time. Whose Ali Baba was there? Lookin forward to top gunners review!

CrazyCoaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hello everyone, im on the computer ment to be doin homework but will do the review soon. Marshalls ali baba it was. And ben, was that bloke on the hurri named dan who wore glasses and was bald, tall and lanky, yeh his a good bloke. Gives a great ride
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well, back from Castle Hill for another year, had a great time there with beautiful weather and sleeping in the hay on friday night :D :wink: . Just tell u guys how i went in the cattle parading, made it through from my heat to compete for sydney royal, but couldnt find a cow to lead cause they were all taken. I was very bumbed about that

Castle Hill has a pretty small carnival area but has some good attractions there. Had alot of fun on the rides. Also caught up with some fellow showie mates of mine which was good to see them again and also met some new people too.

Ferris Wheel: Very popular with the families, looking great as always with chants keeping it in great nic. At night, had all the lights running and the Chant signs which looked great

Ali Baba: Didnt know tis was rockin up again this year. Wasnt to busy but had a few people havin ago. Located behind the ferris wheel. Looking great as always with nice paintjob, all lights working. Giving a great long ride too. Swooping over the platform fast and stopping up the top for a nice view of the Hills district. A good fun ride, long cycle.

Haunted Mansion: Looking great everytime i see it. Great lighting and paint. Had a few people having a ride. Was suprised to see this and Mega Drop turnin up.

Mega Drop: Didnt get to ride it, but i wanted too. Not pulling in too many people, but looks great and was being run really well. Great watching all the people come off with white faces. Looked great at night but didnt have all the different coloured LEDs running up the tower. But id say wont be turnin up again next year. But as Ben said, was out of place in a small carnival area

Cha Cha: Pulling in a few people, running very fast as Ben said, ride in good condition and looked good with its paintjob. A great example of a classic

Hurricane: Was giving a great fun ride. Lots of bouncing and swinging close to the centre pole. A great long ride cycle and very fun. Would do a few shoots in the air before slowing down and then going for a faster ride with more great shoots up into the air. The cracks were loud but not the loudest. And a shout out to Dan he operator giving a great ride

Music Trip: Looking great. All lights working, great artwork, didnt have too many riders either. Some good interaction being given by the operator, a great long ride cycle and running very fast

Roc N Roll: Havent seen this for a while. But was looking good with the tubs having a few touch ups with the paint. Was giving a great long ride, starting up going around very fast then started the flipping and with lots of it. Also being held upside down then flipping right back over. But i dont like the seatbelts at all. Very uncomfortable. But still a very fun ride

The show overall was down on recent years, with no horses, most of the ride operators werent very busy. But a great time as always. Hopefully will get down to Camden next weekend.

Enjoy everyone

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Ben good to read you got to ride the Hurricane again - and got to experience Rok n Roll (which I still have never ridden)

TopGunner, great photos. I have never seen that Cha before.

Looks like a typical country show (for the right reasons)
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Love seeing the cha cha with gls globes and fluro tubes all working... awesome old school feel...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx guys, dave, if u want any of the pics and there are others that u want for ur website, just PM me. And ull get to ride roc n rol one day. Just come up to hawkesbury this year. And that is young's cha. Runs very fast and looks great IMO

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Great Photos! I havn't seen that Cha Cha since 2001 at the Canberra Show!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx hurricane. Young's cha is always at the shows around my area
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Nice work yet again,you're becoming quite prolific with the pics.The shot of Ali Baba at night is particularly nice.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh it does look nice. Thanx for ur comment. But i have to say myself its not the best angle. Thanx again Matt