Moss Vale Show (Review and Pics added)

Top Gunner14

Moss Vale Show (Review and Pics added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hopefully will get down to Mossy this weekend the 14th-16th. Another show the osbournes have taken over but an alright list of rides going.
Splash Canyon
Skymaster
Yoyo
Dodgems
Tornado(tilt)
Starchase
Sizzler
Kids rides

Hope i can get down but not 100% sure at this stage

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'd forgotten all about the Moss Vale Show! Can't wait for your review if you get down there Topgunner.

Speaking of Osbourne Fairground attractions, they are definitely doing Newcastle again this year and will be showcasing their newly purchased Mad Mouse from Adelaide. I have also heard Durkin's Claw and Chaos will be there as in previous years and a rumour that Insanity is going too but I don't know that for sure.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Wat a bumer, i wanted insanity 2 go to hawkesbury. I thouight claw and chaos would go. And i new osbournes will do newcastle. But hopefully i do get down there
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yeah it would've been good to see Insanity at Hawkesbury and who knows, stranger things have happened. I'm quite sure Sky Walker will be going there as the Show Society are always keen to bring in the latest RES attractions.

It seems Osbourne Fairground Attractions have seen an increase in work just lately, probably because they've purchased some new/second hand rides and their Mad Mouse would probably be a winner for larger regional shows they work.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Keep those fingers crossed for Insanity Topgunner; it looks like it's not appearing at Newcastle afterall! I'm still yet to ride it and I don't think it's done any Sydney events except for the Narrabeen Christmas carnival.

Hope Moss Vale goes well this weekend; I just may get down there on Saturday as Dad is working in Bowral.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hope u can make it down. Insanity did the V8 supercars at Eastern creek last year and as u said the xmas carnival. But its a real pain in the ass to set up.

And yeh osbournes have increased their work here and there. I was talking to the blacktown show commity and they tried osbournes this year for a change. But there 1 good thing and a bad thing about them.

The good is that they are looking at doing more shows and are getting more rides.

But the bad is that they buy cheap, dirty rides like the skymaster and they dont really keep their rides top class(i know they dont have all the money to do so) but if u rwad my review on black town and i said the skymaster u werent getting long rides, this was because it kept breaking down over the weekend. And when the show had finished and they were packing it up, they couldnt pack it up cause the tower wouldnt lay in its treansport postion. But they finally got it down.

But hope to see you ben and hope to get a ride on the Splash Canyon after 8 years of waiting

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

According to the Funtime website, Insanity takes 14 DAYS to set up fully. Which compared to Speed is a LONG time. About 2 years ago just after Speed was inported, I watched it being set up at a show. It arrived about an hour before the show started, and within 30 minutes was fully set up and doing test runs!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

No, insanity doesnt take 14 days. A heap of bull**** It takes about 1-2 days. Yeh and speed only takes a few hours to put up. U were prob looking at the park model. But everyone, keep ur eyes peeled here cause ill be doing my review pretty soon

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Another great weekend at another show. My first ime to the Mossy show and a decent size show. A very hot day yesterday but very sunny too. A major downfall for mee with the splash canyon not turning up and it would have done so well in the heat yesterday. But still some good rides there. Was also talking to some of the workers for OFA and they have also bought another 2 rides. They have bought 4 rides this year. So they are expanding dramatically. The 2 rides they have bought are ride called UFO(not a huss one) and another supaloop coming over from china. This is great news.

Skymaster: Operating very well. Has done a hand full of shows since its arrival in Feb. Will be getting its paintjob soon. But same colour scheme but the cars might be different. And some new sign boxes have been put on the fences around the ride. Giving a great long ride cycle. Lots of hang time, lots of looping. A very fun ride, being well operated. Will be great once it has its painjob

Starchase: Attracting a fair few punters. Wasnt operating as long or as fast as it was at blacktown. Giving a good ride cycle. Was missing its tarp on top because the workers couldnt be bothered to put on as i was told that. But as ive said before, could look alot nicer

Tornado: Was fairley popular. Was giving a good long ride cycle. The cars dont spin very fast like on youngs which is amazing. Not alot off decoration and could have a bit more flashy colours. And very wikerty and old when u hear the machine run.

Yoyo: Was very popular. Almost running full loads everytime. Was giving a great long ride cycle. Was also very fun with the seats tilting back and forth. Was looking pretty good. A very fun ride, being operated well and always look forward to riding this at any show.

Had a great day and lots of fun. Next show, SYDNEY ROYAL EASTER SHOW. And boy i cant wait. ENJOY

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

You reviews are really great, you would have to be a show junkie now, I think you win as far as how many you have been too. We will look forward to you review of the RES.

Did you have cattle in competition down there, will you be leading in Sydney
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Great review as always Top Gunner! Bit weird seeing Starchase without the tarp over it. Good to hear that Osbornes have purchased some new rides, maybe the 'UFO' could be a Trabant themed to UFO. A Albury & Wagga based company has a Trabant called UFO owned by Tony Joe's Amusements. I have seen this unit workin at the Wodonga show 2006, so if ya wont any pics give me a bell. Can't wait to see Super Loops! I hope Osbornes do their new rides up! Lookin forward to RES Review Top Gunner!

CrazyCoaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx for the comments princess. I have done a heap of shows including the xmas carnivals. I wont be heading to cambelltown show but ill definately be doing sydney and hawkesbury.

Yeh, i work with a girl i go to school with. And she has a breed known as Lowlines. They are miniture Angus. They are great for beginners who are starting off in the cattle industry. Ive been doing it for 3 years now. But i get to all the shows with her and with school and we show the cattle. I went in the paraders but didnt get a placing. And i wont be leading at sydney. I didnt qualify. I tried at both camden last week and castle hill the week before. But no go but a couple of mates i go to school with have made it in. And the paraders comp is on Wed the 26th. So ill be at sydney then as well.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx crazy coaster. I didnt get much info on the UFO purchase. If Osbournes had all their rides in top class, they would be a great company. They are an alright company but as far as presentation goes on their equipment, it could be alot better. Like starchase, thats been the same for 20 years. So that tells u a bit about them
CrazyCoaster424

Shame that Osbornes just let their rides go like that. In my opinion Prestation goes a long way!

CrazyCoaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes it does. Like at all the royals, the rides look great. U cant have a ride thats not looked after at a royal. It doesnt look good and people look at those rides and think yuk and walk off. Rides that have great presentation appeal to alot of people
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Top Gunner - once again a great review and photos - I find a lot of your reviews very interesting as you get to a lot of shows that people like me would never get to see (rides etc.)

Look forward to your next.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep another good one as usual Topgunner.

I'm really excited to hear about UFO and Super Loop making a return to our midways, even though it's likely they won't appear at the capital shows.

It must be fun visiting all these shows although I bet you're sick of the smell of fairy floss and dagwood dogs. I remember some years ago I had to visit the RES on a regular basis for work and on the last day I felt physically ill after smelling the dagwood dogs that I loved when the show started.
princess

Post by princess »

Lol Ben, I remember cooking Dagwood dogs, not only cooking them but even putting the stick in the middle of them,(100s and 100s) ugh, then battering them, for a real treat, I would deep fry the farkfurte, to absolute crisp, then eat it, mmmmmm. :shock:
Doogal

Post by Doogal »

CrazyCoaster424 wrote:Shame that Osbornes just let their rides go like that. In my opinion Prestation goes a long way!

CrazyCoaster
Mossvale was once a good show ! Front of the show gets the dough.
Doogal

Post by Doogal »

Thanks topgunner good to see ur snaps
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx alot everyone for comments. Its great getting to all the shows. Im not used to smelling all the dagwood dogs or fairyfloss, u should be saying am in sick of smelling all the cow sh** everywhere. Still very fun getting to all the shows. And im still not finished!!!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
CrazyCoaster424

Top Gunner, what other shows are you goin to? I a thinking about getting around to Melbourne, Seymour, Shepparton, Geelong, Albury & Ballarat Shows, but these shows are from Sept-Nov so I am only in planning stages at the moment! Can I just say again that u do awsome reviews Top Gunner!!!!!

Crazy Coaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx for the comment crazy coaster. I only have 2 shows left and thats sydney royal and prob the biggest review ill do and thats hawkesbury my local show. Ill also get to penrith later in the year and maybe in the school holidays ill go to ST Mary's if the carnival goes ahead. Hope u get to all ur shows u've planned!!!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Hmmm,hopefully this Superloops purchase goes ahead,and they bring it down to Vic.If possible,try to find out more about this UFO,sounds interesting.Does Skymaster give either the Ranger or Kamikaze a run for its money,or does it fall short by comparison?.
CrazyCoaster424

Hey Matt, you're not the only one that wants Super Loops to do some vic shows! Personly I don't think it would go to Melbourne Show. Hope Osbornes have some decent sense!

Crazy Coaster