2008 Newcastle Show

benclare

2008 Newcastle Show

Post by benclare »

This show runs from 10 to 13 April and will feature the following rides.

Mad Mouse
SkyMaster
• Splash Canyon
• Ferris Wheel
• Yo Yo
• Tornado
• Star Chase
• Giant Slide
• Mini Ferris Wheel
• Happy Caterpillar
• Chair-o-Plane
• Adrenaline Rush
• UFO
• Jurassic Adventure
• Euro Bounce
• Classic Carousel
• Pony Rides
• Camel Rides
• Sizzler.

It isn't a bad lineup but boy it's strange to see rides like No Limit, Speed, Sky Walker etc missing from such a major event. It sounds like the UFO Topgunner mentioned is just about here and I'm assuming the Adrenaline Rush is the Super Loop.

I don't think I'll make it up to Newcastle as Hawkesbury is on the same weekend and it is promising some really major rides.
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Line up looks good benclare! It's a shame that Hawkesbury is on the same weekend. Could ya please do a review with some pics of Hawkesbury!

Crazy Coaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hawkesbury is goping to go off this year. The skyview wheel is making a return and the halloween is prob going to make it. And im sure skywalker is going. And ill do a massive review(prob my biggest yet). Its a good line up for newcastle. Adrenaline rush is an inflatable with a circuit through it. Its not the supaloop. Anyway hawkesbury will definately be the better show

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

I was surprised not to see Durkin's gear on that ride list as I was sure Claw and Chaos were going. Perhaps they're going to Goulburn instead? :?:
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Maybe benclare. Why would Osbornes call a jumping castle 'Adrenilin Rush' any way?

Crazy Coaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Its an obsticle course. I think thats what the manufacturer called it. Not osbournes and if they did, i dont know :? :roll:
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yeah the name did confuse me too as it's much more suited to a Super Loop type attraction. I can't remember the last time I rode a jumping castle! I think it was during my final year of primary school and it was at a fate. Even then I was the biggest kid on the thing! :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh i havent been on one in ages. I think this friday my baby cousin for her birthday is getting one. They're still great fun :D
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

Hi all,

Just posting an updated rides listing for the Newcastle Show,which is from the official website

Mad Mouse
SkyMaster from Coney Island New York
Splash Canyon
Chaos
The Claw
Dodgem Cars
Awesome Starship
Ferris Wheel
Yo Yo
Tornado
Star Chase
Giant Slide
Mini Ferris Wheel
Happy Caterpillar
Chair-o-Plane
Adrenaline Rush
UFO
Jurassic Adventure
Euro Bounce
Classic Carousel
Pony Rides
Camel Rides
Sizzler
and Many More

Plus on the local Channel Nine affiliate NBN 3, they have advertised the show stating that there will be two Roller coasters. I am assuming that this will also include the Wacky Worm as has been previously stated.
I am a little disappointed in the ride line up I must say. When I was growing up, the Newcastle show was the biggest Regional show in NSw and the quality of rides thatcame reflected this. I certainly remember the Turbo ,Zipper and other quality rides appearing. Of course this was before the dispute with the guild that has plagued the show in recent years. Can someone in the industry please update me on this situation please??
Well I will still go( I am going to take my son-he is a ride freak in the making @ 3!!) and I will endeavour to post some pics and trip report!!

Cheers
Jobe
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Maybe in the future we'll have a mini Jobius Lol :P :lol: Yeh im disapointed with the lineup. I dont know whether wacky worm will go. It might but i doubt it. If u go, can u do a review with pics. Im interested to see what OFA showstar's UFO is. Lucky u guys are getting chaos and claw. Some good rides to add on. A shame as u said with the Guild dispute, and as u said in the zipper and turbo being there, it is dissapointing not getting as good of quality rides anymore. Hopefully the problem will be solved one day

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

I thought that Chaos & The Claw would go to Hawkesbury?

Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The Claw came in 2001 when it was its first year but then its never returned, i dont remember chaos being there anytime either. Im not sure why Durkins dont do hawkesbury
princess

Post by princess »

They might not have the ground there.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh probably, Hawkesbury is a very popular show for the showies and heaps of them want to get on there
benclare

Post by benclare »

Bathurst used to run on the same weekend as Hawkesbury and Durkin's usually opted to go there instead. Claw did go to Hawkesbury in 2000 and Slingshot was there in 2005 and last year? Chaos has never been to Hawkesbury.