2008 Royal Easter Show reviews

princess

Post by princess »

Just got back from another beauitful day at the show, stunning day, but not many people there, the rides that I noticed that were doing well, were No Limit, Space Roller, Mega Drop, all had full loads, whilst I was watching.

No Limit was giving an amazing ride (from what i saw on the ground lol), just smashing people head first into the ground, it frightens me just looking at it, maybe they should charge for watching lol :lol:

Halloween was going, but had someone standing up on the top level, pushing cars through, very interesting.

The joint operators were working overtime to get anyone near them today, I am glad that I was not working one today, it would of been like trying to get blood out of a stone.

It was sad to see not many people at the show, its been hard on the showies, but having an easter this early in March wont happen for another 100 or so years, so they can put this one behind them, hopefully in the next few years school holidays, will again coincide with the show.

Very sad to know that this is over again for another 12 months, this will be my only capital this year, I have not got an excuse to go to Brisbane this year. :cry:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great pics Huss, glad to see im not the only one contributing pics, great pics too. Thankyou again. And thanx for your review princess. yeh im sure it wont happen for ages the show not in the school holidays
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Princess... you DO have a reason to come to Brisbane! Come visit me and we shall ride Hard Rock and Taipan! :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

Hurricane, sounds like a plan, lol. you sweet talker. :lol: :lol:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Nice photos HUSSR with some interesting perspectives of Rainbow. It was good to see Rainbow still looking nice (and giving a great ride).

I eagerly await your video presentation.
princess

Post by princess »

Huss I am looking forward to the video too, you always do an amazing job.

Topgunner your photos are fantastic, well done.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good review as always Princess. :D

Yes the RES is almost over for another year and despite crowd numbers beingg low since last Sunday, I think the event has been a major success for everyone involved and the RAS should be congratulated again for organising a world class event which is the Sydney Royal Easter Show. The RES tradition is alive and well here in Sydney no doubt about that!

While I'm congratulating people, I just have to say one more time how great the showies are. You guys and girls are a credit to your proffession and you should be proud of the great work you're doing on these rides and games. It's a difficult job and I for one appreciate your efforts.

No Limit

In the words of Kylie Minogue, "wow wow wow wow!" The ride operator made up for a complete lack of atmosphere and interactivity with a very intense and long ride cycle that would've put this awesome machine to its limits no doubt about that. Huss you've just got to try this amazing ride because I know you'd love it. You've conquered the Zipper, Space Roller, Power Surge, Sky Walker etc so I'm sure you could handle No Limit. Just think of it as the Ranger with a twist. :lol:

Sky Walker

This ride is quite a thrill and the only bad thing about it is the very peculiar safety restraints. I reckon it'd be better if they were more like a flying fox harness. That way the feet would still be suspended and it would be more comfortable. Nevertheless, it's pretty cool with a fair amount of flipping and twisting but the ride cycle is fairly short, no more than a minute I'd say. You start off with the Starwars theme blasting out of the music system as you lift into the air, then it's something dancy like Britney Spears. Then you don't care what's playing as the ride is going at full speed by that time. :)

All other rides and games were doing pretty well and the Rainbow was definitely going in both directions. I'm not too sure what was wrong with it before but it seems to be okay now.

Techno Jump

I love this ride and will make it a regular one for me from now on! Sure it's nothing on the thrill metre compared to No Limit but it gives some good feelings as it bounces and turns and is generally a good fun experience. Thanks again for introducing it to me Princess and Zamperla!

Halloween was running but with someone at the top pushing the cars as Princess said. That fellow sure earned every cent he was payed no doubt about that! I bet it was pretty hot in there too.

Well, it's pretty sad the RES is just about over; I'm missing it already!

I am planning to get out to Hawkesbury which is the next big show in the Sydney area and I hope to catch some of these awesome rides again. I will also do Space Roller to see the difference between it and Sky Walker.

A big thums up to the RAS, showies and everyone who made this show great.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Had a great time with wonderful weather, meet many showmen which was interesting.

Rode the Tiapan, which I have always loved. Tried Slingshot and Hard Rock which I both thoroughly enjoyed. The size of the over show and carnival reflects the best in the country and was most enjoyable.

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great pics Kiwi. Glad to hear u had a fantastic time. How would u compare it to the ekka?
benclare

Post by benclare »

Glad you had a good time Kiwi. Did you take any videos?

A quick statistic... The Mega Drop plunged more than 200 times during each day of the Show.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Wow, thats alot, im sure Lew would be happy with that
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

nice photos KIWI, glad you had fun, can't wait for 2009, hopefully a new ride to ride aswell!!
benclare

Post by benclare »

There's sure to be at least one new ride at next year's RES. Perhaps Pavier's will cash in their Halloween ghost train and get a new thrill ride. :lol: I couldn't imagine what new rides we may get in the future; Ferris Wheels and ghost trains are the most popular choices as discussed elseware on the forums. Personally I'd like to see some refurbished Huss rides coming downunder although it's not likely due to the lack of portibility. Remember we'll have the new Zyclon Loop which will start in Adelaide and we don't know yet whether it'll travel around the country; I hope it does!
princess

Post by princess »

My bet Ben is another new ghost train, as Halloween clearly did not live up to any expectations, leaving a spot to fill, wonder who will fill that order, mmmmmmmmm.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm sure Lou Osbourne would be more than happy to bring Haunted Mansion back as it has always been very popular in the past. I still wouldn't be surprised if Halloween returned to next year's show, especially if the teething problems are ironed out. Claw was taken out of the RES three days after it started but was back this year.
princess

Post by princess »

I am sure he would too Ben, but it will always leave an opening there for someone else to come in and take that position again.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Im sure haunted mansion will be back, id like to see some technical park rides come over sich as a Pegasus or a swing Maxx. I was suprised claw got a position this year. I thought flashdance would have got special priviledges over claw. And thanx for ur review ben. Its as good as ever. I have to say i have to add techno jump to my list of rides to ride at whatever show i see it at. Its a very fun ride

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I know i'm a sweet talker Princess... So let me know when your coming up.

Maybe you could stop observing No Limit and ride it! :twisted:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, even though ur a bit older than some of us(no offence) have a ride, its great ride, very fun
princess

Post by princess »

Lol Topgunner, but no, I think I have to get my nails done that day. :lol:
Last edited by princess on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Princess im thinking we both just get blind drunk at next years show, and go on No Limit, and we wont remember a thing!!

haha
princess

Post by princess »

Its funny Huss I was just thinking of you and , me and very strong drugs. :lol: :lol: at exactly the same time lol (prescription of course)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Geez, u'll come off the ride head over heals, u'd fall down the stairs when getting off Lol! If u were drunk on it, the ride expierience would probably be more fun and scarier. Maybe i should do that, even though ill be 15 at next years show. U guys can buy me the alcohol Lol :P Nah just joking, ill just wait til im 18, when i can legally drink, but it doesnt say i have some evry now and then now, sometimes :lol: :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Top Gunner... If Princess and Chris go to RES or Ekka this year drunk to ride No Limit... We shall make sure we have our camera's out! :twisted:

But remember "Rider's will be refused entry if appearing to be under the Influence of Alcohol. NO REFUNDS"
princess

Post by princess »

No photos, you know how shy I am Hurricane and no booze for you Topgunner