Ride Operator Stabbed

Top Gunner14

Ride Operator Stabbed

Post by Top Gunner14 »

At Sydney Royal last night, a ride manager was stabbed by a bunch of youth's because the ride op wouldnt give the people a refund. This is shocking news to me and im sure everyone else. The man stabbed is in hospital but i dont know his condition. lets just wish that these idiots are cought and charged and the victim is revived to good health again

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Thats not good Top Gunner! Do ya know who the ride op was?

Space Roller Freak
grateride

Post by grateride »

it was <removed> that was stabbed get better soon
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Really?????????????? Geez, poor guy! Hope ya get better soon!

Space Roller Freak
Last edited by Space Roller Freak on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I will just say that it could not have happened to a more professional, enthusiastic and hard-working person than this ride op.

I am very pleased to say they are making a speedy recovery - they have many friends, workmates and family members who'll be showing their support in this unfortunate and random incident. I know the person will put this one in their stride in no time!
Last edited by Zamperla on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
princess

Post by princess »

OMG, how terrible, we wish you a speedy recovery, you do not deserve this, you are a good person, I am completely shocked.
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

That is no good at all. It conjurs some thinking on what you want to do to the bastards.

I hope you are doing well. All the best for a speedy recovery.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Who was it. Who did he work for?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Topgunner and all other forum readers,

With investigations still on-going, there will be no direct reference to the name of the ride operator involved at this time.

With this in mind, feel free to post any general well-wishes etc. To his credit, the person involved has reported "...the show must go on!"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

OMG... whoever it is, my best wishes go out to you, fellow workmates and family. I sincerely hope that you have a speedy recovery. And as to those idiots (was going to use another choice word there) who thought that this was a "cool" thing to do, think again. You could have even killed the man / woman involved! I hope to NEVER read about these sort of things happening in our shows again. Especially over something so petty as this.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

" A CARNIVAL ride operator working at Sydney's Royal Easter Show has been stabbed during an argument with a group of showgoers, police said today.

About 8.30pm (AEDT) yesterday the 18-year-old ride operator became involved in an argument with a group of people and was allegedly stabbed in the ribs and stomach with a sharp object.

Witnesses nearby intervened and broke up the assault before the alleged offenders ran off and police were contacted, police said.

The victim was taken by ambulance to Westmead Hospital and was reported to be in a stable condition.

Police arrested an 18-year-old and a 17-year-old, both from Auburn in Sydney's southwest.

The pair were questioned by police but have been released pending further inquiries. "

Source- www.news.com.au
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh i saw this news link. My thoughts are with him and his family too
power_surge86

Post by power_surge86 »

here is another article i found..

A TEENAGER is in hospital after allegedly being knifed by an unhappy customer at Sydney's Royal Easter Show.

The 19-year-old was manning the Space Roller ride when he was stabbed about 8.30pm on Friday.

The police events co-ordinator at the Show, Inspector Patrick Wunsch, said a dispute broke out when several patrons demanded their ticket money back.

"A group of people went on the ride then wanted their money back because one of them got sick," Inspector Wunsch said yesterday.

"The verbal altercation became physical and the ride attendant was stabbed."

He said police apprehended two men trying to exit the show a short time later. A knife was also recovered.

The teen was taken to Westmead Hospital, where he was in a stable condition.

An 18-year-old and a 17-year-old, both from Auburn, were questioned by police then released, pending further inquiries.

Inspector Wunsch said the show's security was not to blame for the incident.

"Security conducts random bag searches but in this instance the weapon was well concealed on the person," he said.

"I have been working at the show for the past three years and this is the first time something like this has happened.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/03/ ... 92944.html
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Just goes to show that some people at the Sydney Show are complete dickheads. Even when I was there, I was shocked, well actually no I wasn't as to how some people acted. I've never seen some of the staff on rides, especially Space Roller have to EXPLAIN to idiot teenagers to stand behind the red line. Really does show that you guys might have the best show in the southern hemisphere, but the worst people. I actually was discusted in the way some morons acted at the show over my 4 visits.

Don't mean to offend anyone. Sorry guys

people like that just piss me off

Chris.
princess

Post by princess »

You are not offending anyone Huss, there is definitely an element that causes lots of trouble in Sydney, bad behaviour, bad attitude.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Na, no offence taken. But i noticed just walking around the show and when i was with the cattle, u ask people to move and they are so arrigent, very rude, they just dont listen to u or anyone else. I am absolutely shocked by this incident and hope nothing like this happens in the future again.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Yeah poor guy hope he is doin well which i think he is, he's said to be making a good recovery at the moment which is good. I will tell him you all said get well he will appriciate it a lot. Like he Said though "The show must go on". Due to investigations he does not want any names givin out or any thing so all the best to you ride op.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

good to hear oz, wish the guy well.

2 days left of the show.... feels a bit surreal...
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep I totally agree with everything stated here so far.

Most people at the RES behave well and are there to have a good time but there are a few idiots who ruin it for everyone else.

By the way, welcome back Matty; we missed you!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great to hear his making a speedy recovery. And 2 days left :shock: 2008 Easter show nearly gone :!: :x
princess

Post by princess »

We are all very glad that the guy is doing well too, as said, it left us all totally shocked and worried for the guy, but sounds like he is his positive self, which we all are very happy about. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, im very greatful his making a good recovery. Im happy too :D Lol
Zamperla
Administrator

100 in bloody brawl at Royal Easter Show

Post by Zamperla »

100 in bloody brawl at Royal Easter Show
April 03, 2008 06:11am
Article from: AAP

A FIGHT between two teenagers began a bloody brawl involving more than 100 people and knocked a policeman unconscious on the last day of Sydney's Royal Easter Show, police say.

Two females, aged 16 and 18, were arguing on the showgrounds before a group of more than 100 people gathered around the pair and joined in the altercation, police say.

Police attached to the show were called out at about 10pm (AEDT) yesterday, but had to call for back-up from other Local Area Commands.

One officer trying to break up the fighting pair and was left with a suspected broken nose for his troubles when the 16-year-old kneed him in the face, police say.

"These two girls were in an altercation, he's gone into stop the fight," a police spokeswoman said today.

"While he's been restraining one of the them another one has come in and kneed him in the face.

"He's received a bloody, possibly broken, nose and been rendered unconscious for a little while."

The officer was taken to Westmead Hospital.

Police say it took "several hours" to disperse the crowd.

The two females were arrested at the scene and taken to Auburn Police Station for questioning.

The 16-year-old Guildford girl was charged with assault police officer in execution of duty and was granted conditional bail to appear at Parramatta Children's Court on April 24.

The 18-year-old was released after questioning.

It caps off an end to the Easter Show which has this year experienced a significant drop in the number of people attending.

About 800,000 people came along to the Easter Show, said to be the lowest figure since it's move to Sydney Olympic Park in 1998.

Organisers however were said to have been pleased with the figure, given it did not take place during the school holiday period, and was scheduled to begin around the Easter long-weekend.

"We knew that we weren't going to get the school holidays and we expected that the weekdays would be quiet and planned, so in light of that we're happy with the result," General Manager Michael Collins told Fairfax Media.
Last edited by Zamperla on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

ohhh you have got to be kidding me.....

disgrace, f*cking idiots! no wonder half the teens there are soo messed up!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, some more shocking news on the closing night. Thats where all the trouble makers hang around, the carnival area. Bloody ridiculous and some idiots around