Royal Easter Show 2009

princess

Re: Royal Easter Show 2009

Post by princess »

In your dreams, I would rather be buried alive. :roll:
Last edited by princess on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

You go girl.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Good to read your review Ben - you did well to go on that many rides.

I agree about the crowds, I can't ever remember seeing so many people at the grounds so early on Good Friday. By 9:30am the crowds were swarming in, especially around the family area, closeby to the train and online ticket entrances. With all this talk of a recessing the amount of money being spent was staggering.

"Woops, we've just arrived and bought the kids 4 showbags each, now we can't carry them properly - nevermind, we can buy an old-lady trolley to put them in for only $20 more"
Vee

Post by Vee »

Zamperla wrote:old-lady trolley
Best. Seller. Ever.

Those guys would be making make more money than most of sideshow alley :P
princess

Post by princess »

:evil: I timed out too.

I arrived at about 10.30, not many people there, nice to just have a walk around, the Judges were judging the rides, my pick was definitely Pirates Revenge, very nicely done, great attention to detail, though very amused at the upper regions of the female pirates, I have taken a photo, definitely fake. :D .

Was also stopped in my tracks by a great girl, who was spruking, by singing, very impressed, or was she auditioning, but it definitely got my attention, the guy who threw the ball into the crowd was also very clever, the poor kids who bought it back, were then hooked into having a go, very tactical, hey it worked.

As I left this afternoon, there were crowds all over sideshow alley, queues on most rides, which was good to see, buried alive was doing well with a queue out the front, (go figure), so was Haunted Hotel, which does look great, will look forward to seeing this ride at night.

I did not go on any rides, as it just looks stupid someone my age in a line by herself, geez, so anyone who wants to go again, let the nanna know, so we can arrange a definite thing, Huss, you may have to play just so you can be nice.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I was out there today aswell. All rides, gear, sideshows everything was looking great. Pirate's Revenge, it is looking fantastic and let me tell you its not finished yet. Rode it, was a good fun ride, bit of a splash, also rode Space Roller, Skywalker and No Limit twice. Also saw the judges going around too.
princess

Post by princess »

Another thing while I was walking around, I saw some old banners, one in particular, was of the headless lady, well seeing this again was like stepping back in time, the little sign said that they were owned by Millers Museum, great foresight, to still have these their condition was mint.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Nice review princess. Yeah, Pirates revenge was pretty popular. Probably the one with the biggest line. Either that or the Haunted Hotel. I'll have to give HH a try tomorrow. Looks fun. I will have some more pictures up and a review of more rides as i will be going on more rides. Wooo.
princess

Post by princess »

Actually Topgunner, I saw someone talking to Tyrone, this morning, tallish skinny, black hair, was that possibly you, I could be wrong but you may have had a white T shirt on.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Lol might've been, there was another bloke in there aswell, I was behind him. I was wearing a dark blue/navy shirt. I have dark hair yeh, should've come over just to make sure.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Great reviews guys! Keep them coming if you can. :D

You’re amazing doing NL twice in one day Topgunner; I don’t think I could manage that!

If I get back to the Show tomorrow, I will have to just put up with the enormous queues and ride Pirates Revenge. I think some people who go on it get really wet while others don’t cop much at all which is fairly common with floom rides. If the weather is like it was today, I wouldn’t mind getting wet! I’ll also try to do Zipper and Space Roller if I get back there. Does anyone know whether March’s Wave Swinger is fully operational again?

Cheers all.
princess

Post by princess »

Ben its going to be hot hot hot out there today, yesterday was hot enough, 29 at homebush, Ben you have picked another really hot day to go again. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Does something not feel right about the carnival area, I just cant put my finger on it, something just did not feel right, does anyone else think this.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Ben, are you meaning to tell me that March's Wave Swinger is down AGAIN? Bloody Hell! That ride seems to have more down time than I spend awake these days!
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

princess wrote: Does something not feel right about the carnival area, I just cant put my finger on it, something just did not feel right, does anyone else think this.
What do you mean princess? Maybe its because rainbow wasnt there.. I never use to really ride Rainbow all that much but the carnival feels kind of naked or bare with it not being there. Thats the vibe I got anyway.
princess

Post by princess »

I will reserve my judgement on the carnival area, until I go again, I left early.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Carnival Exibit awards were handed out the other day. Best Adult rides-

Gold-Joylands Better Amusement Hire-Pirate's Revenge
Silver-Gill Bros' Entertainment-Ali Baba
Bronze-Showtime Amusements-Haunted Hotel.

Didn't find out the awards for the family and kids rides. Well done to the winners and infact every single operator for a remarkable presentation and operation of their equipment.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Ali Baba? not sure about that one, but agreed with others
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

That's a bit of a joke about Ali Baba... this better not mean that Ali Baba gets the spot over Rainbow in the future!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh it is odd that i got silver. No I don't think that will happen. The Ali Baba was pretty popular but Rainbow is more popular from what I've seen.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Rainbow used to get Silver awards... it's only the new rides that take out top spot!