Hawkesbury Show 2009 (Review and Show Photos now added)

Top Gunner14

Hawkesbury Show 2009 (Review and Show Photos now added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The Hawkesbury show is coming up next weekend and is held on the first weekend of May from the 1st-3rd. The show is held at Clarendon or Hawkesbury Showground and is a stone throw away from the Clarendon train station so easy access for Sydney siders. I'll be there all weekend and will try and do a few pre-show photo sessions. From what I've heard the ride lineup is going to be pretty good this year. So far rides going:

Top Gun
Hangover
Ranger
Wave Swinger
Skyview Wheel
No Limit
Space Roller
Matterhorn
Mega Drop
Haunted Hotel

Already a great lineup. Most of Young's gear will be out there so that will cover alot of classics and I'm sure Chant's will be heading out there too as they always do. Looking forward to the weekend.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Thu May 07, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top Gunner14

Re: Hawkesbury Show 2009

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got down to the showground twice today. This morning I poped in and got a few photos with No Limit, Ali Baba, Hang Over, Energy Storm, Magic Circus and Sea Xplorer already at the showground.

Went past again this arvo but didn't get any photos. One load for the Skyview Wheel has turned up carrying the main frames for the wheel, all of Chant's gear has rocked up with their Wheel, games, kids rides etc, one load of the SPace Roller was there being the trailer that carries the cars, deck, counterweights etc. It was dark when I went past but I think the Rhollerghoster was there dos this have a second trailer? Because it looked like the devil cars on top of a trailer. Few other things there couldn't tell because of the dark. Will try and get out on the weekend for another photo session.

Anyway the photos from today just had my phone so here:

Energy Storm:

Hangover:

Ali Baba:

Sea Xplorer:

Magic Circus:

No Limit:

Dodgem Track (didn't know whos it was):

So good lineup at the moment with:

No Limit
Hangover
Ali Baba
Sea Xplorer
Magic Circus
Energy Storm
Space Roller
Sky View Wheel
Ferris Wheel (Chant's)
Dodgem Track
princess

Post by princess »

I hear that Bathurst will also be having a Super Show, in the next couple of weeks.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Nice pics Adam. Aw I wish i could get out there and have a ride on Energy Storm. Havent been on it since it did RES.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh you put an article on here about it Princess, its the weekend after Hawkesbury and then everyone goes to Dubbo. Thanks Paulie
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

dat truck Image
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

What about it?
princess

Post by princess »

Yeah I remembered, too late after I posted, thanks for reminding me Topgunner, bad memory. :wink:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got down to the showground again today. More gear has showed up. Rides there today were Alpine Express (sorry it wasn't Rollerghoster it was this), Wave Swinger, Speed, Space Roller, all of Chant's gear, Haunted Hotel and a few more trailers for the Skyview Wheel. Anyhow here's the photos from today:

Alpine Express:

Chant's Wheel:

Hangover:

Haunted Hotel:

Space Roller:

Speed:

Wave Swinger:

Skyview Wheel:

Looking pretty sweet at the moment. Still alot more gear to come. Young's should arrive Monday or Tuesday as they'll wrap up their carnival at St Mary's. Top Gun might arrive tomorrow night or at the latest Monday night along with Foster's Sizzler as their carnival at Liverpool wraps up. I don't think Mega Drop will be coming now, apparently it might've gone to Orange again. TPA's gear hasn't arrived yet which is odd but they should be at the grounds soon. Most and the rest of the gear should arrive tomorrow or at the latest Monday.

So lineup again at the moment:

Top Gun
Alpine Express
Space Roller
Haunted Hotel
Ferris Wheel (Chant's)
Skyview Wheel
Wave Swinger
Speed
No Limit
Hangover
Ali Baba
Sea Xplorer
Magic Circus
Energy Storm
Dodgem Track
Sizzler
Kids rides
Inflatables
Games
Food Vans

Hopefully another few photos in the coming days.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itsfun

Re: Hawkesbury Show 2009 (More Pre-show photos added)

Post by itsfun »

Wooooooooowwww.topgunner 13 your the best photographer iv ever seen in windsor........
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Nice transport photos Topgunner. Thanks for your great post!
redhot

Post by redhot »

Nice pics Topgun.
Are you going to get any setup pics through the week?
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

If I get there at the right time. Going to be harder with school going back on Tuesday. Maybe some on Monday if I can get there
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

All the rides are packed away so smartly. The designers are geniuses.. Great pics Adam !
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

How many loads is the Ferris Wheel, the centre ones look very smart.

Any chance someone know how long the No Limit centre trailer is?

Cheers
Kiwi
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Umm, for the wheel I think its something like 5 Semi's and 9 B-Doubles. Most of the trailers are for the gondalas of course.

And No Limit, I'm not too sure I'm guessing maybe nearly or at 60 ft. Im heading back down today so I'll get a definate answer for you kiwi. Sorry I can't help otu at the moment
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Another good day at the showground. With alot of gear now there, not all sites filled yet with still a few more things to come but alot more is there. Had a productive day, helped setup the Top Gun, had that done in about 3 hours. Only thing that nedded to be done was the backwall signs to be put up but weren't because of the wind. But we're right down the front near the main gate which is tops but we have 2 joints in front so it blocks out the full front of the ride so we're in behind both. Still good position though. The process of the rides today:

Ali Baba: Was parked on site today. The deck was lowered and the arm swung out. Tower wasn't put up when I left this afternoon.

Alpine Express: The platform around the ride was setup when I got there with the arms all connected. Progress today they put up the artwork around the ride, and all the cars were just about connected when I left.

Cha Cha: Young's Cha arrived last night. Nothing happened with it today just sat on the ground.

Chant's Wheel: Made good progress today with the towers already up when I arrived. All the wheel was setup today with most of the seats connected when I left.

Cliff Hanger: Was just parked on site today, started seting up late in the day, just the fences put up last I saw.

Crazy Coaster: Framework and footings for the ride were unloaded and setup. Nothing higher was setup. Would've been difficult with the track pieces to lift through the winds.

Haunted Hotel:The framwork was put up. Canvas roof for the front was being pulled on while I was walking around in the afternoon.

Hurricane: Was parked on the roadway all day. No progress as yet.

Ferrari 500 Go Karts: Arrived this afternoon and trailer and truck was parked on site.

No Limit: Was having the stabalises put on this morning, went up later on in the day, the platform, framework for the steps and lights and signs for the loading area put on. Te gondala was connected to the arm and the counterweight was swung out with the counterweight sign put on.

Ghost Pirates: No setup today, was moved onto site.

Ranger: Very slow progress. Workers arrived just after me and I went around after we had finished and they were still unloading the platforms and framwork for the platform.

Rok N Roll: Was moved onto site.

Sizzler: Arrived later in the day after being torn down at Liverpool. Was moved onto site and setup started.

Space Roller: Not much done which I was suprised about. Stabalises were placed on the central trailer. Unloaded the frames for the backwall.

Speed: Nothing done today but deck was all setup with stabalises pulled out before I got there. Just needs tower raised and arms swung out.

Energy Storm: Most stuff was done today. Deck and arms were out already when I got there. Only other thing that was really noticable was the back tarps setup.

Top Gun: Whole ride was setup today except backwall signs because of the wind. Was good to help out and learn the process of the rides setup.

Music Trip: Was parked on site all day, no setup done.

Skyview Wheel: As I arrived half the actual wheel was up. Was completed pretty quickly. After that no more work was done that I saw. Only a few gondalas were near the wheel not all have arrived yet.

Wave Swinger, Hangover and Magic Circus made no progress today, just all sat on site. Didn't get any photos of them.

So had a good day was there most of it. Good learning to setup the ride and lend a hand here and there. But thumbs up to the Showmen that have turned up to this years show. The ride lineup at the moment again just recapping:

Top Gun
Alpine Express
Energy Storm
Wave Swinger
Crazy Coaster
Speed
Cliff Hanger
Hangover
Magic Circus
Ghost Pirates
Sizzler
No Limit
Ali Baba
Skyview Wheel
Ranger
Music Trip
Cha Cha
Hurricane
Chant's Wheel
Space Roller
Ferrari 500's
Haunted Hotel
Roc N Roll
3-4 Dodgem Tracks
Heaps of kids rides
Heaps of Inflatables
Food vans
Heaps of games

And still a few more rides to come with Twister (Gravitron)-ex TPA now owned by Robert Young, probably Zacchini's Zipper as it usually turns up last minute. Maybe Tilt A whirl. And apparently Aaron Pink's ment to be showing up with his Crazy Cars dodgem track. Not sure of anymore will keep you guys updated. If the photos come up with the little icon with the x in the middle, just right click and selct show picture and they will work.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Awesome pics. Your so lucky to live so close to such a good show. Lineup is pretty impressive too.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

wow. All I can say is that this puts most so called capital shows to shame, it's really turning out to be a very nice line up. Good mix of new and older rides. I bet the atmosphere there would be just great.
mmk

Post by mmk »

These are great photos TopGunner, really good to see how they go about setting up some of the rides too...
princess

Post by princess »

Great work Topgunner, we dont get this perspective very often, well done.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

now for the photos mate. Insane how there is a game right infront of top gun.... Bit harsh. Shame rainbow couldn't come out for this show.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Top shelf pics Gunner!!!
I see there was a set of ferrari karts for sale in last outdoor showman, does Carrick Amusements still own them??
Looks like a great show, have fun mate...
"Slingshot , Engage"
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Is that Music Trip EX-WITTINGSLOW, I heard it came back and was sold
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for all the comments guys. Yeh we do get a great atmosphere and a great turnout. I was talking to a few operators yesterday and they said they love coming back each year to support the show. Yeh we I'm always happy with the turnout of rides but last year was down as I said. Yeh pity with the games infront but we are right at the front gate so its forst ride everyone will see coming in. We have the right side of the ride towards the street which is the entry ramp and the left ramp is the exit. Then instead of the ticket/control booth being infront of the ride, it is on the street to the right of the entry ramp. I'll get a photo of that on the weekend.

Josh, John Robert's is selling his Go Karts which were the ones Carricks used to own. I think they're Young's karts.

Thanks again guys.