Campbelltown Fisher's Ghost Festival (More photos added)

flapjack

Re: Campbelltown Fisher's Ghost Festival (Photos added)

Post by flapjack »

it would be good if they had the ranger of oneills there i love it its so fast!!!
I love the steps on the waveswinger too.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'll be heading down to the carnival today. I'll be limited with time so I'll get photos, hopefully will get a video or two. Will finally get to try Insanity and Cyber Party. And maybe Slingshot
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got to the carnival today. Was only there for around 2 hours so couldn't get alot in. Got a heap of photos and did one video which was an onride of Insanity :lol: I managed to get on a few rides, first pick was definately Insanity, and wow, was an incredible ride, so of course had another ride. Also got on Pirate's Revenge, Sea Circus, Ferris Wheel. Ran out of time to try Cyber Party unfortunately and the others.

Great carnival that they have there this year with some great rides. Well done to Joyland's for giving the carnival a new look this year with new rides for the Campbelltown community for the festival. Photos will be up in the next few days

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got down to the Carnival at Campbelltown yesterday. Had a good time down there, except I was only there for 2 hours, except got there an hour before opening. When I got arrived there were already people at the carnival walking around, buying tickets or waiting to buy them. The carnival was a good layout with a great variety of rides. From the photos I saw of recent years compared to this year, the carnival looked fantastic this year with Joyland's now being contracted on as the company to run the Fisher's Ghost Carnival. Was good to see Trindall's Cyber Party for the first time and the ride was looking great. And was good to finally see Durkin's Insanity after not seeing that for a few years now. I'm just going to put up the photos. No real reviews this time, bit limited with time
Ali Baba:

Cyber Party:

Dodgem Track:

Flashdance:

Ghost Pirates:

Insanity:

Pirate's Revenge:

Power Surge:

Rockin' Tug:

Sea Circus:

Sling Shot:

Techno Jump:

Super Trooper:

Twister:

Wave Swinger:

Few Midway/Carnival shots:

Had a good time even though it was short. Rode Insanity twice and iot was bloody fantastic. Kicks Speed's ass any day. Did an onride video which will be up in a day or two. Was good to see some of the owners/operators including the Joyland's crew, Wade Watkin's, Justin Dale, Tammy Bell, Chant's crew and was nice to meet Chris Hennessy. Anyway Enjoy!

PS-if the images come up with a little red X in a box, right click and click show picture

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Space Roller Freak

Re: Campbelltown Fisher's Ghost Festival (More photos added)

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Good to hear that you had a good time top gunner. Some good photos there too mate. I look forwards to your onride vid of insanity.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Great photos TG. Best ones I've seen of Cyberparty and Pirates Revenge.

A great mix of rides, all it needs is a Zipper!
princess

Post by princess »

What a fantastic looking carnival/festival, the rides first class well done Joylands :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Princess, i'm sure you'd agree with me that this years carnival looks SO much better than last years one.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Here's my onride video of Insanity. It's pretty wild especially when speeding up to go the other way. Loved the ride, goes very fast and loved every second of the ride. Had to ride it twice but I definately much prefer this over Speed/Freestyle. Was the best feeling throwing your arms up, feet out going at full speed. As I was getting on I said to the worker, first time on this and he replyed "your gonna love it" and he was right. Cameras/videos weren't allowed on this ride but was allowed after talking to Tammy Bell who asked Phil Durkin for permission. So thanks for that guys. Anyway, tell me what you thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSNTDXm_eGM

And thanks for the comments so far everyone

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Hurricane wrote:Princess, i'm sure you'd agree with me that this years carnival looks SO much better than last years one.
Absolutely Hurricane, this is a top class carnival :D
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Damn, I cant believe I didn't go. I really want to try Insanity. Nice pics as usual. Love the Power Surge shots, Its such a photogenic ride. :lol: Definitely looks like a much better show than last year.
princess

Post by princess »

Just thought you should know I got sick, watching that video TG :mrgreen:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Another great job of an on-ride vid TG. I had to laugh when I saw that kiddy train zoom past near the base of the ride (I paused it to see if it was what I thought it, looked so small)

Looks like a very well laid out carnival area with plenty of room for foot traffic.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks guys, glad you liked the video. Yeh I thought the carnival was going to be more crammed but was definately plenty of room.
princess wrote:Just thought you should know I got sick, watching that video TG :mrgreen:
If you got sick watching that, I'm guessing you'd be a mess actually riding it :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

So to the couple of people I know that want me to go on Zipper, you would have to wear raincoats :lol: