2010 Sydney Royal Easter Show

benclare

Re: 2010 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by benclare »

Cheers Princess, the same goes for you of course!

I imagine that new coaster is being tested as we speak. I'd love to go and listen in but security is pretty tight on Australia Avenue and Olympic Boulevard which makes it difficult to get close. Perhaps some AAF members who are lucky enough to be working at the RES might give us the heads up on what this new coaster is like?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I was down at the grounds today, photos will be up soon, first exclusive peek at O'Neill's new SBF Coaster and FJF Amusement's Ghost Train
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Was lucky enough to get to the showgrounds today. Really is buzzing down there and the carnival area is taking its shape. Everything is there except Slingshot and Wave Swinger which is odd. Even more odd with the WS as I saw it at Luddenham on the weekend on the way home from Camden.

Some rides are completed setting up with a few still in mid stages while I was there. All the gear is looking fantastic, well done to the showmen, really do the country proud with their industry. Was first time I'd seen Rock N Roll and Sky Flyer and they both look great! FJF's Carnevil is looking pretty good but IMO, not as stricking as RollerGhoster. Has some good murals of some "scary" famous movie figures on the ride. ANd the new coaster, dunno what the name of it is but it looks really interesting. That video of that one on youtube is actually this model, so this is the SBF prototype. Very short ride, not sure on how this will go either with the slow put-through of people by the looks in that video. But the track was still being assembled while I was there. Anyway here's my photos:

Carnival area:

Ali Baba:

Breakdance:

CarnEvil:

Crazy Cars:

Cliff Hanger:

O'Neill's New Coaster:

Lift hill:

Corner after loop:

The drop:

Track pieces:

Overview:

Sky Flyer:

Hard Rock:

No Limit:

Pirate's Revenge:

Ranger:

Raupen Bahn:

Rock N Roll:

Sky Walker:

Space Roller:

Extreme Speed:

Taipan:

Zipper:

Enjoy the photos, looking forward to working there. Will be there next friday and also Bell's Crazy Raft is apparently a thrill ride, operates pretty fast from what I was told, and it's a big ride too. Look forward to seeing that too.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
redhot

Post by redhot »

Great photos Topgunner.
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

robbo

Post by robbo »

Any news on the Turbo? Every year i hope i find it once again at the show.
Jaffa23

Post by Jaffa23 »

2 quick points..

Topgunner - as Usual - AWESOME PICS. I think it's great how many shows u can get to and bring the "atmosphere" of the shows to those who can't make it there,,,,

Princess /Zamperla / Benclare's comments - AGREED AGREED AGREED! A new coaster on the eastcoast! Wow - I think Taipan coaster's have outstayed their welcome (no disrespect intended). Considering we don't get to see WA's Python Loop coaster, and I haven't experienced SA's Big Dipper coaster, I think this is a bold and hopefully successful move to introduce something new over here....

I really look forward to reviews and more pics!

Thanks,

Jaffa23
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

wonder if o'neills will bring it down to melbourne... seems like too many trailers to be driving around the east coast.... it's probably more than 3 trailers, and its bigger than that german ride they own
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Thanks for them pics Top Gunner. Went to the Grand Prix where Slingshot and Insanity were yesterday but I wasnt allowed to go on them :( as i was with my school.
princess

Post by princess »

Has anyone else seen the chocks of wood supporting the new coaster in the photos that TG unloaded, mmm regulation chocking :? or Aussie chocking :shock:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I saw that, that was an eye opener for me too, compare that to how Pirate's Revenge is jacked up, it didn't look as safe or professional as how Joyland's do it. But I spose it'll be given the okay
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Absolutely chocking!
(great pics TG!)
princess

Post by princess »

Great Pun Zamperla :roll:
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Yeah your right princess, I can't really say much untill I ride it. Look forward to giving a review of the ride :D
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Great pics of setup. Sometimes i find the setup more interesting than the ride in action itself. :D
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Topgunner, cheers for the set-up photo's! They're awesome. That new coaster looks very interesting. It will come to Ekka of course??

Carnevil - doesn't look like a Rhollerghoster re-brand to me, it never had a spiral ramp or the in out veranda on the second level and its taller than that. In fact its surprising how much that ride resembles Halloween!!?? with out the lights and signage of course. Where is Halloween these days? has anyone seen it recently? Do we know for sure Rhollerghoster is no more?

It's really going to be an awesome show - which i had booked my plan tickets now.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks guys, yeh Force, same thing I thought about the new ghost train, track layout looked the same as Halloween. Goldenway still own it but it doesn't do as many events now

Will be interesting to see the new coaster travel, I could see it maybe doing Moomba but not sure about any other capitals, see what happens I spose
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

So the new name of O'Neill's coaster is "Fear" and it looks like it's been modified, looks as though the train is held off being released further down the tower on the drop so it's not as fast. Not long now 2 days until showtime...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Fear? is that because of the price for tickets?
redhot

Post by redhot »

:lol:

dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

anyone got anymore news or photos?
princess

Post by princess »

Wow I expected some sort of a review by now, everyone must be very busy, I will be going there sometime this week, so will post then.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

I went to the show on friday and had a good day, didnt get too many rides in, but I got on my favorites so it was all good haha.

I tried out XXXL and it was really good. The cycles were of a decent length, and when the cars released there was some really good flipping. Its a pretty intense ride, lots of fun 9/10

Spaceroller, not much to say, still one of my favourites with a good cycle and its presentation is superb 9/10

Skywalker- great intense ride as always, only thing bring this ride down in rating is the seats.. so uncomfortable 8/10

And last but not least, No Limit! Was running excellent this year, with a nice long cycle with lots of flipping and a few head first through the loading deck moments. I think No Limit has stolen the number one spot this year scoring a 10/10!

Im heading back on kids day for the whole mates rates deal with the rides. Its pretty much half price for each ride if you go halves with a friend in coupons. 2 people get on for the 1 price. So for example, if you both put in $30 each you can buy 70 coupons, and you can both get on a ride for 7 coupons or whatever it is. So you get double what you pay for. And entry is only $11 seem im 15.

Oh and sorry I didnt get any photos, camera was dead. Its charging as we speak now though, so I will get photos when I go back next time. Looking forward to seeing other reviews :)
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Paulie, no comments on the brand new coaster?
redhot

Post by redhot »

I'm going tomorrow (Tuesday)
I'll get as many photos as i can. Hows the crowds and weather been there Topgunner?

princess

Post by princess »

TG is clearly missing in action, thanks Paulie :D
Zamperla wrote:Paulie, no comments on the brand new coaster?
mmmm yes I was looking forward to your review on that, or was it to expensive to ride.

Is Fear actually working????