2010 Sydney Royal Easter Show

dell2006

Re: 2010 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by dell2006 »

did fear get working? or did it have to be packed up?
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

It was working when I was there. Didnt really seem to be extremely popular though.. sorry guys i didnt see how many tickets it was. I dont like the look of it, it shakes tremendously as it goes through the loop. Ill have a ride next time I go to the show.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

interesting that the coaster isn't doing too well... although what new ride does do amazing these days? apart from a massive water ride...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh the coaster was broken down opening day and easter sunday, and whenever it is open it doesn' have much of a line. I've been at the show since good friday, won't be going back until this friday to work the weekend. Had our busiest day yesterday and good friday of course. I've been on the Power Surge which has been very popular, Pirate's Revenge has been popular but not as popular as last year.

Sky Walker has been doing absolutely shocking, haven't seen it do a full ride and on the busiest days it had only a few people, maybe 10 at the max when I've seen it, really feel sorry for Luke. Apparently Zipper and No Limit haven't been going that well either. Sky Flyer has been a hit as you can imagine with a good position. Haven't taken note on how popular Carnevil is but it looks great, has the graveyard as usual like the other FJF ghost train had, and also has this massive clown face you walk through to enter. Haven't got any photos yet, hard during breaks but will probs end up going into the show for a day to walk around. Anyone else been to the show?
benclare

Post by benclare »

Was at the Show last Saturday and had a fantastic time as usual. I didn't do too many rides as I'm not as financial since I returned from overseas but did manage to do some including the new kids on the block.

Fear

This ride is extremely fast, loud and totally chaotic! The ride duration is a bit disappointing as it's all over in less than thirty seconds but the drop into the loop is really scary and the loud bang it makes when it does is deafening. It costs eight coupons to ride this coaster.

Skyflier

I absolutely love this one! It reminds me of the old Paratrooper but is even smoother to ride if that's possible... It's a bit chilly when spinning around at the top but a fantastic ride and hugely popular; I waited in line for fifteen minutes to go on it!

XXXL

Another legendary KMG creation! This ride is extremely quiet in contrast to Fear; you can hardly hear the motor at all! As Paulie said, it giving long ride cycles and got quite intense towards the end and the ride op was great with excellent interactivity and chatting the whole time the ride was running, even though we couldn't really understand what he was saying...

Techno Jump

Again my thanks go to zamperla and Princess for introducing me to this ride. It's a beauty and I enjoyed it again this year.

Ride popularity

Fear didn't have enormous queues when I was there but was doing good enough business on Saturday afternoon. Ranger which is nearby was raking in the riders as was Techno Jump. I didn't ride No Limit but stood and watched it for some time. Just as I was walking away from it, they announced a happy hour deal, two rides for twenty coupons and I'm now kicking myself I didn't go for it!

I also checked out the Joylands rides to see if I could find you TG but it was a bit difficult. I'll be back at the show this Saturday so will try to catch up with you and hopefully other AAF members then. I will also try to upload some photos. If I can't get them on here, I'll post to my Picasa album and place a link on here.

All in all a great day at the show and I can't wait to go back. I'll also be going to Moore Park on Sunday.
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks TG and Ben for your reviews, thats ok Ben, Techno Jump is like the Nanna ride imo, so I was very happy to introduce it to you. :D :D
PNC

Post by PNC »

techno jump is a great ride and i also really like sky flier, both great family rides, reviews have been great, its a shme some of these new attractions arent going well, especially sky walker, i thought this ride would be killing it every show it goes to, it is a real shame and it is such a great ride IMO
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Definately agree PNC, I think it's one of our best rides in Oz, it's sitting behind the flume so while it's operating you can't see it if your looking down that street. I think it should be sited down where Cliff Hanger is on that corner opposite their Wave Swinger. I haven't seen them do one full cycle over the long weekend sadly.
princess

Post by princess »

It was in that position last year, it was bad then, cant believe they had to be put there again.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Thanks for your reviews guys. I had been hanging to hear about it, good to hear about your ride on the new coaster Ben - I knew it would be a quick cycle but sounds like that first drop gives a bit of bang for your buck.
redhot

Post by redhot »

Had a good day at the show yesterday, the whole carnival seemed to be pretty busy for most of the day.
Had to queue for Fear for about 10-15 minutes, i found the ride to be pretty uncomfortable really, as soon as the car goes over the top i found you really have to brace your neck against the harness for the drop and loop, and it is ROUGH.(how did you find that Ben?)
Went on Space Roller as well, very popular loading from both sides had to wait a few cycles before i got on. Good ride, always ride this one when ever i see it.
And your right about Sky Walker, was able to walk straight onto this one.
Got a few photos through the day and evening before it started to rain.

Love the lighting on Speed, looked really good at night..

Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

princess

Post by princess »

Thanks Redhot. :D
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Yeah I noticed Skywalker had hardly any riders which is a real shame. Its such a good ride. I think it would do alot better with a better position. Im going back to the show on friday so I will get some photos then :D
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

wow that is one scary clown. Makes Stephen Kings IT look very friendly. Gives the ride a real theme-park look.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

hahaha i love the FEAR tarp... almost as good as the RAINBOW one! amazing!
redhot

Post by redhot »

Cool aye :lol:

Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Thanks for them pics redhot. Carnevil looks superb for a ghost train but anyway. Also i noticed that Speed looks like it has some new signs I have never seen them before.
princess

Post by princess »

I am very suspicious that Carnevil is actually Halloween re themed, when you look at the put up photos, looks very much like that ride
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

speeds had them on now for ages
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for the photos redhot, no photos of Power Surge I see :lol: They've just put that tarp on the coaster, wasn't there on Monday. There's no signage on it at all, the only way I saw a name on that coaster was on the height requirement sign.

Speed didn't have them done at Canberra and that was a month ago, must be a few weeks old, look like KMG signs too.

Yeh the coaster looks rough, I'm yet to try it, tried last Saturday but it never got running, can't see it coming back next year.
redhot

Post by redhot »

Always take a photo of Powersurge :lol:

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

SPEED still had the standard signs on at MOOMBA, those are definetly new
benclare

Post by benclare »

i Great reviews and comments guys!

Agreed about Fear. It's a very rough ride which shakes a lot but the speed of it is pretty amazing. I do think this coaster will be back next year, especially if all problems are ironed out. I also wouldn't be surprised if O'Neill Shows put up a photo booth and did more with the theming.

Glad to hear you had a good time redhot. I'll be back at the Show on Saturday and will be looking out for you TG SO WATCH OUT! :lol: I may do Pirates or Power Surge too.
princess

Post by princess »

Have a great time Ben, I will be wandering around tomorrow. :D, I have been so patient, but I have not had any free time to get there, until now.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Ben I think you could be right about O'Neills return and possible photo-booth next year. A coaster like that is a huge investment, I would expect to see it in Melbourne too for the Royal and Moomba in 2011.