2012 Hawkesbury Show

benclare

2012 Hawkesbury Show

Post by benclare »

This is on from 27 to 29 April. I don't know whether this year's event clashes with Bathurst but I'm sure it'll be a good ride line-up as it usually is. Regular operators include TPA, Bells, Joylands, FJF, Chants, Youngs and Marchs to name a few. On Friday there is a Happy Hour Buy One Get One Free offer for carnival rides and various showbags. This runs from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.

At this early stage I will be attending on the 27th.

Can't wait for reviews, pictures, videos etc!
Top Gunner14

Re: 2012 Hawkesbury Show

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Drove past yesterday a lot of gear already there with:

Alpine Express
Freestyle
RockStar
Rock N Roll
Ferris Wheel
Crazy Car's
Space Roller
Pirate's Revenge
Rockin' Tug
Crazy Coaster
Extreme (I think)
Cha Cha
x2 Fun Factories
No Limit

Dunno if i'll get any photos this year with work on, by the time I get home most nights it's dark anyway so can't do so. Should be another good line-up this year, hopefully the weathers good to us even if the showground is already a swamp a the moment...

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Popped in for a little while this morning and the line-up was far down on previous years with an over representation of sideshows, jumping castles, dogem cars and those balls that are blown up and thrown into a pool of water with someone inside. I've forgotten the name of this attraction but there were no less than five in a relatively small area, ridiculous! There were many regular attractions missing including Sky Flier, Energy Storm, Cliff Hanger, Ranger, Tilt and most disappointing of all, Hurricane. Youngs at the very least always bring there's but I don't know why this didn't happen this year. I always look forward to a ride on the Hurricane at the Hawkesbury Show!

Nevertheless, the ride line-up was still pretty impressive with quite a few majors operating. These include Pirates Revenge, No Limit, Space Roller, Waveswinger, Freestyle, Extreme, Disk'o, Crazy Coaster, Rock-n-Roll, Hangover and quite a few more.

As I arrived fairly early, there was next to no one in the carnival area and most of the rides weren't operating in the sense no one was riding but most were open for business. I was the only passenger on each ride I did which was a little embarrassing but fun too.

Crazy Coaster

I was the first rider for this year's show and I did enjoy it. The recorded announcement said this coaster was voted the world's favourite according to some magazine. It's definitely not the most thrilling but is always one of my favourites and one I will continue to ride year after year.

Waveswinger

This wasn't quite set up when I arrived but got going soon afterwards. As the weather was quite warm, it was nice catching the breeze on this timeless classic. I must say this unit from March's needs a little oil but apart from that, is in good condition.

Space Roller

Again I had to wait for this to be tested before it was open to the public. A relatively long and intense ride cycle with excellent interaction from the operator who was desperate to attract riders. Eventually this payed off when an elderly gentleman got on with his two grandchildren for a go. I can't decide whether Space Roller is better than Power Surge. They are certainly similar IMO but perhaps this debate is for another topic.

Pirates Revenge

This was a sad sight as absolutely no one was riding almost the whole time I was there; quite a contrast from the Easter Show when it is difficult to get anywhere near it due to the queues. Anyway, I'm sorry to say I didn't ride this one today because I didn't want to get wet. I'm still adjusting to the cooler weather after living in the tropics so didn't want to chance it. I'm regretting it now though.

Rock-n-roll

being the only passenger on this one was really weird! The operator was talking the whole time but almost to himself as it was only me listening. Anyway, a great ride, almost as fast as Bell's Thunderbolt but not quite there. Fortunately, the noise of the siren wasn't as loud this year, I don't like that noise at all!

No Limit

Went over to have a go on this one but there was no one selling tickets which was quite strange. Occasionally the ride operated with no passengers to try and attract riders but when we went over, no one to surve us! I'm sure that situation was fixed later in the day.

So there's my review. As I said, ride line-up a bit disappointing and no atmosphere at all but that was mainly due to the time I was there. I'm sure the place is pumping right now! If I was to rate this Show, I'd give it 8 out of 10. The marks are lost for the above given reasons but I still think this is an awesome event and I look forward to coming back next year.

One little word of warning. If anyone is driving out there this weekend, be very careful in the car park as it is a mud heap and we got bogged there today, not fun!
princess

Post by princess »

Great review Ben, really don't know why some shows even bother opening before 4 or 5.
redhot

Post by redhot »

Went out to the show on Saturday afternoon, weather was perfect and was a really nice way to spend a few hours in the sun.
Ben i'm pretty sure Youngs have sold their Hurricane (though i could be wrong :?: )
Yes the carparks were very boggy, no prob for me being in a 4WD but i'm sure there would have been alot of people in smaller cars having a bit of trouble that evening.
Got a few photos, not the best as i only had my phone..but anyway.

Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Youngs sold there hurricane. Last event it did was Tamworth country music festival in 2011. New owner picked it up from there.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks for that info. As I said, it was a shame there wasn't a Hurricane at Hawkesbury; at least the Cha Cha was there.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers for the photos Redhot. Hawkesbury was definately down on numbers, Friday night was crap and Saturday night was really down. Really a shame with Hawkesbury once being a very good show. Sunday was a let down for us with the colder weather, I was working on the Pirate's Revenge and of course is always weather dependent. FInal line-up ended up being:

Alpine Express
Disk'o
Dark Ride
Crazy Cars
Space Roller
Extreme
Rock N Roll
RockStar
Freestyle
Music Trip
Twister
Cha Cha
Ferris Wheel
Wave Swinger
Circus Fun House
Crazy Coaster
Pirate's Revenge
Hangover
No Limit
Magic Circus
CarnEvil
Fun Slide
Rockin' Tug
x4 Dodgem Tracks (Townsend's, Davis', Miler's and Young's)
x4 Waterballs
Kids Rides and Inflatables
Sideshows and Joints

Interesting not seeing Zacchini's Zipper this year or Evan's Energy Storm. Bit of a shame but overall a poor show.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Bathurst was on the same weekend so it probably got a good line-up too. I must go to that one some time.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Was just browsing You Tube and came across this nice video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vna1DptuKas

It appears to feature Rock-n-roll, Extreme and a bit of Pirates Revenge I think.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

:lol: I even made it onto the small screen in this one
redhot

Post by redhot »

Top Gunner14 wrote::lol: I even made it onto the small screen in this one
Yeah, hard at work.. :lol:
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Top Gunner14