My hopes and predictions for RES 2007

princess

Post by princess »

Ok if anyone is there tomorrow, look out for the guy with the white cane, it just maybe Ben, say Hi, he would love it.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Hi!

Was just browsing You Tube when I came across this awesome video of most of the carnival at the RES. I'm not too sure the picture quality is the best but the sound is excellent and you can hear most of the rides in action. Also, the fellows recording the vid are talking about what they should ride and how much it all costs. :lol:

To check it out, just go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEyClH8vRk8

Enjoy!
princess

Post by princess »

Had another great day at the show yesterday, rode Rainbow and Hardrock, as usual it was great, Zamperla applied a ton of pressure to get me onto Zipper, but alas, I was not able to be budged, I had only 4 hours sleep the night before, so just did not feel like I was quite up for it, but was ok for the other rides, Hardrock was amazing, this time I was really getting into the swing, the shudder at the top of its height really adds an interesting aspect, as for Rainbow, Zamperla had me pushing off at the top to get more air, which became a habit very quickly and loved it.

While watching Speed, there appeared to be a problem getting people off, so they would just let the ride stop by itself, which gave the people a bit of an extra ride as it was swinging to a stop, just like a pendulum.

Again, No Limit was the best to watch, just watching peoples faces as it plumeted towards the ground was worth every second of being there.

That was my last visit this year, farewell for another year RES. :cry:
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good on you Princess! I won't be heading back to the RES before it ends on Wednesday either, a real shame as I'd like to be part of the Kids Day where you can get free carnival rides if a friend pays. Oh well, can't have too much of a good thing I suppose. :(

How was the Flashdance doing?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I remember your 1st Hard Rock Ride...

I'm back now (due to moving) i really wish I could have gone to RES... but BRING ON EKKA!!!
princess

Post by princess »

yes you certainly do, hurricane :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

? I'm confused, but thats prob what happens when I'm half asleep... I think we should all pitch in to fly princess up to Redcliffe show and I'll take her on the Zipper... Greg, get the camera ready! :twisted:
princess

Post by princess »

No need to fly me to Redcliffe, I will not be going on Zipper anytime while I am alive. :D :shock:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

first of all, sorry to all i didnt make it on sunday....
and saturday night was fun... saw a guy throw up on zipper, out the side, and all over the tarp... good stuff LOL
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Oh Yum... now Princess, just how much money will it take to get you on it lol.
princess

Post by princess »

Thats Ok Huss, Zamperla was rather tired on the Sunday, after spending all day and night on the Saturday there as well, maybe next year.
benclare

Post by benclare »

princess wrote:No need to fly me to Redcliffe, I will not be going on Zipper anytime while I am alive. :D :shock:
I would take us up on the flight Princess, it's a free trip to Brisbane and you can just back out on the Zipper ride and go on something else like the Syber Party which I think does Redcliff or even head down to Dream World or something. :lol: .
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

LOL... We wont let her :wink: But she will like Cyber Party :D
princess

Post by princess »

Just keep trying guys.

Zamperla, where is your review, you have been home long enough, and hopefully had enough rest I would hope by now, come on.

Huss, are you doing something funtastic as usual, with your visual talent, waiting, waiting, waiting.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I made it up to the Easter Show on the weekend of the 14th and 15th. The grounds seemed to be quite full on both days, especially Sunday. My rides were limited, due in part to a nauseating experience on Powersurge - it had some randomness in it - continual spinning from side to side - nothing quite as natural or enjoyable as the Zipper or Spaceroller (if that makes sense) but the ride has had a lot of work done and is looking nice and colourful (has a lot of extra neon in it that I haven't seen on other Powersuge's)

One ride of interest to me was Osbourne's SBF Crazy Rider. It appears that riders pedal a generator which is linked to highly geared motors which swing the counter-balanced 2 person car back and forth. It was tucked away in a quiet spot but seemed to have attracted a good amount of attention from kids and parents.

Rainbow was looking just as good as I saw it 12 months prior and was cycling with full capacities most of the weekend - it was great to ride again - it seemed to be giving a great amount of air time (which I always like to assist with a slight bend of the knees) I had to hold on hard to stop myself flying across Princess's lap. Top value.

Finally was a go on the ever-popular Hard Rock again with Princess - good fun as always - and I was done for Royal Easter 2007 - certainly worth the flight up from Melbourne - pretty sure I'll be back in 2008, I tried my best to coherse Princess into a Zipper ride she would never forget... but not this year.
princess

Post by princess »

nor any other, thanks for the review, I sort of dont want it all to finish, now we dont have anything until Brisbane. :cry:
benclare

Post by benclare »

princess wrote:nor any other, thanks for the review, I sort of dont want it all to finish, now we dont have anything until Brisbane. :cry:
I know. The RES seemd to go very quickly this year, probably because of the date change.

Anyway, I think the RAS will be happy with how it all turned out. The carnival was excellent as it always is and was a credit to the RAS and the showies who worked there. Good on you guys! Other parts of the Show were also well run, including the VB live venue which played host to some great Aussie tallent including Killing Heidi, Something for Kate and Josh Pike. The area where these bands were played probably could've been a bit larger but I guess that isn't really possible.

I guess the only real disappointment for the RAS would be the crowd numbers. about 900000 people attended the RES this year, a good figure but I imagine they were looking for larger numbers as the show was rescheduled for purposes of attracting school holiday crowds. Perhaps the rainy weather on the first few days kept people away although it was sure crowded enough on Easter Saturday when I was there and it rained quite a lot that day.

By the way, great review as always Zamperla.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Cheers Ben, I think you had covered most of the other details so I kept it brief. One thing I didn't mention was that I did not end up riding the new Sky View wheel, though I did take lots of photos of it.

I did ride Durkin's Skymaster which gave a great view of the grounds, and was sporting nicely re-painted gondolas.

One thing that really struck me this year was how huge and spaced out the grounds are. Any larger, and I think a shuttle bus service would be required. (I think I saw the band area you were referring to - was it indoors?)
princess

Post by princess »

Oh you poor old thing Zamperla, next year you should go into training, maybe carrying a backpack full of rocks, for a few weeks before you go. :D