My hopes and predictions for RES 2007

PNC

Post by PNC »

who owns this new goldmine coaster?
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

haha you will all be able to spot me i stick out wherever i go look for a guy with longish hair ear streches a metal shirt a pantera hat and camo or black shorts or pants if its cold probly a leather jacket
ride the zipper!!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Ah Pantera, that takes me back to the mid 90's! I'm more into less metal music than that but Pantera used to be one of my faves once upon a time.

Getting back to the topic, I can't wait to ride the Goldmine Coaster, it sounds like an indoors ride doesn't it? I'm quite sure it isn't though.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Ben, from what I saw on the SBF Visa site, it is basically a gravity powered mini-coaster - similar to a Whacky-Worm you might've ridden in USA - i.e. a larger version of the common Ferarri built Sooperjet. The train looks like it could comfortably hold both adults and children - I think it should be a pretty popular family ride.

I'm sure Greg could tell you more about it, but perhaps you'll just have to test ride it yourself come April.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I think I know what you mean. It doesn't sound like a major thrill ride but one I'll probably have a go on just for the hell of it. Hopefully it won't be too expensive to ride!

By the way, does anyone know whether the Twin Flip and-or the Energy Storm will be at the RES this year? The site makes no mention of either ride but you never know. Is the TF operating again after its accident in Adelaide last year? I think I read on here that rides generally don't operate for two years or more following an accident but it wasn't all that serious, not like the Spin Dragon anyway.
princess

Post by princess »

Lol huss, I will be wearing a sequined (of course) Collette Dinnigan Gown, with Prada Sunglasses.

The Ferris wheel I mentioned has not arrived into Australia as yet, apparently it should of been here ages ago, suppose there will be a few anxious people waiting on its arrival.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Would the wheels present be Durkins Skymaster and Verfurth's Big Wheel ?
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

Since the ride is on its way here I can tell you a bit about the GMC..... Its a figure 8 Roller Coaster, not like the ones Dave's mentioned this ride has a great tendacy depending on how I feel the day we set it up, and what I feel confortable with the speed side of the ride. Factory recommended speed is 85kph around the half S bends. To answer PNC (Nathan) question the ride has been bought through me by Coleman & Sons (Bruce Coleman) better known for the Steam Train Rides at Sydney & Melbourne Shows. It's will really be worth a ride as I'll be having quite a few over the day when its running.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
princess

Post by princess »

From what I gather this wheel is brand new into the country, well when it gets here.
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

The wheel is brand new from Italy if it is the one i'm thinking of when this comes over Australia will have three of the largest transportable wheels in the world. All coincidently owned by guild members again.
I will be right next to you riding the GMC Greg, providing i'm not operating.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

JUPITER shits all over that small thing that was at the melbourne show.... so do half of the wheels in germany
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Well the new one on its way is supposed to be 45 mt the one in Sea world is 60mt and there is romoured to be a 75mt wheel getting purchased. Concidering Australia has a small population compared to the other countrys i think we have a good mix of rides and larger wheels.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
princess

Post by princess »

Watch out any non guild members who own big wheels. :?: :?: :?: :?:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Now would be a good time for me to say... I am not looking forward to these new wheels!!! :shock:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

we need more euro rides... none of this wheel business!
princess

Post by princess »

I agree with you Huss, but the wheels bring in a heap of money, skymaster, earns stacks, it is also a family experience, whole families can go on, no one misses out, do you get my drift. This will be about money, suppose there has been a monopoly on the big wheel for quite sometime, (not for much longer).
PNC

Post by PNC »

anyone know if chants flash dance will be at RES
Jaffa23

Post by Jaffa23 »

And adding to the Flash Dance, what about our beloved TURBO?!?!

Might have to organise flights up there if the beast has re-emerged,,,,,

Jaffa23
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'm quite sure the Flash Dance and Turbo won't be at RES this year which is a pity although you never know; a surprise ride might just get on that attraction list! As I understand it, the ride lineup is confirmed relatively early in the organisation of the Show, as early as September/October but this isn't exactly set in stone and there are opportunities for operators to add or subtract attractions before the RES begins. I heard No Limit was by no means a confirmed ride for last year's Show but it was definitely there, had an excellent location in the carnival and wouldn't've been much behind the Taipan in the popularity contest.
princess

Post by princess »

Is Taipan popular, I find if very boring.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Acording to the website, Taipan was the most popular ride at last year's RES and while it might be boring, there was a never ending queue of people waiting to ride it, at least when I was there! I would much prefer the Crazy Coaster which has two decent drops and can be quite a thrill when it spins almost constantly. I personally would love to see the Turbo, Force Ten and Pirate back at the Easter Show.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Ben if any one of those 3 were there, my expectations would be exceeded (particularly if one of those things were there, no need to mention which) Unfortunately I don't think the Turbo will be making its debut just yet, but I hope I'm wrong.

Interesting about Taipan. I agree Princess - its not the most adrenaline-enducing ride on the midway, but it is indeed a coaster (that in itself will attract enough people to queue up for it) As far as portable coasters go, I don't think we'll do much better than the Pinfari Galaxy / Taipan. (though I agree, the Reverchon Crazy Coaster always has an extra element of randomness) The trick with that ride is to have the weight as unbalanced as possible - one big adult on one end, and 3 kids beside you always guarantees some serious spinning on the second level)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I don't think Pirate will be back at the big shows unfortunetly, but will probably be a permanent attendant at their summer fun carnival, and rye
i hope its all been fixed up too
princess

Post by princess »

Last time I went on crazy Coaster, I think I needed my neck in a brace, but I did enjoy the tilt experience on a coaster great concept. :shock: :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

haha, and princess, you'll be riding SPACE ROLLER too! you will love it!