2007 Royal Melbourne Show

Super Loops

I tried to like it but I couldn't.

Post by Super Loops »

RMS 07 was just way below average for a capital show.

I've decided the regional shows are better value. That's all I have to say.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Superloops, I will be putting this to the test this weekend when I visit the Royal Geelong Show - I found it to be very good value last year in terms of what was there versus prices, when compared to the larger capitals.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Regional shows are definitely better value for money compared to the capital shows. The entry prices are much cheaper and soemtimes the rides are too. Many shows feature many of the same rides as the capital shows and throw in some classics for good measure. All that said, I do enjoy the capital shows, namely RES and Ekka which burn a hole in the wallet no doubt about that but have an electric atmosphere somewhat different to smaller shows.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

true that ben... but unfortunetly the Royal Easter Show has the atmosphere of a school fete. I think EKKA wins for that, with the amount of games etc. The midway just looks packed.
Anyway RES wins cos of Rainbow haha my fave show of the year.
princess

Post by princess »

The RES is spread out a little more, more room, which then loses atmosphere, Ekka is more compact, although I was very disappointed with the lack of people at Ekka, will we see the day when the capitals, lose appeal because of the cost.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

yeah thats true princess... haha oh well, more rainbow riding for me then, no waiting in line
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Country shows are much better than royals. Royals r still good to go to.Like hawkesbury, more rides, cheaper, great atmosphere, mate its got the lot
matterhorn

Post by matterhorn »

the claw and chaos went to perth show i worked melb show on the starship and conpaird to the year before i had a blow out there may of been less rides there it only ment more ppl to ride wat was there i think i did twice as many riders this year. last year it was just a dust bowl. the claw a and chaos made good money in perth will most likely be going back again next year
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

That is a very interesting point Matterhorn about less rides equals more people on each - I saw the Starship (and the queues for it) Hope you didn't get too dizzy.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Interestin 2 hear.
matterhorn

Post by matterhorn »

dizzy well it took a few days but it all stoped spining no it was a really good show maybe next time u should jump on zamperla