2007 Royal Melbourne Show

princess

Post by princess »

Lol, :lol: take a sedative Huss, though there is something quite sobering about your head slamming into the ground at 5Gs. When I die, (which is along way off) I would like to be taken to a show and put on all the rides that I would not ride while I am alive, like Weekend at Bernie's :lol: any volunteers, on second thoughts that might have to be left up to you Top Gunner, you appear to be the youngest, I think :lol: :shock:
Last edited by princess on Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

The time is ripe to try it HUSS, take it in your stride, we've hyped it up enough for you to wonder what all the fuss is about. 8)
benclare

Post by benclare »

The hyping sure worked for me! :) You'll be proud of yourself once you've done NL; Perhaps you could do Speed first and see what you think of that.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Huss... if I was down there, i'd be poking you with a Cattle Prod to make you go on it haha.

But seriously, it's not as scary as it looks, It's really fun, and If you can handle Space Roller and Zipper, No Limit is fairly tame.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

well yeah, neither space roller or zipper make me sick... so hmmm
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Hmmm...still not sure if I'm going now that I am in the country. Are there any significant new rides over last years assortment? (No list on the website :? )

I noticed the one of the rides listed for Wild Wednesday is 'Colemans Gold Mine Coaster'. Anyone shed some light on what this is...a themed wild maus?....a kiddy ride?. Got pics of it??

CG
benclare

Post by benclare »

Obviously I can't describe the look of this ride but it's definitely a kiddy attraction, sort of like a mini Taipan. It seems to be quite popular with the kids and was at luna Park last school holidays.
princess

Post by princess »

Definitely a kiddies ride, dont get too excited Gibbo.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The "Gold Mine Coaster" is a SBF Visa Kiddie Coaster, Just refer to the picture below, I do however think the one in Australia is a custom model, but don't hold me to that. And Chris, I still stand by what I say about No Limit, you may be a bit scared of it, but after getting off the ride, you will feel great and want to jump back on. Or you'll be scarred for life :twisted:

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

well i went down tonight. some facts

- Every ride was closed by 9:30
- Speed cracked it and was folded down by 9
- Hard Rock was amazing as usual
- Raupen Bahn was a waste of space, and money
- Ali Baba didn't even show up
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well... I bet the No Limit crew are happy, I wonder what the cause of the breakdown was, Cause I noticed speed was doing VERY short cycles at ekka, and It didn't seem to be running full speed. I 100% agree on Raupen Bahn, I really didn't like it.

When speed was being folded up, Do you know if it's just for repairs, or if they are taking it off the showgrounds?
benclare

Post by benclare »

What a shame! :( Speed had some issues at the RES too but fortunately not when I was there. All seemed fine at Hawkesbury though.

I'm sure the rides will stay open longer over the weekend and hopefully the crowds will flock in for a good time. I think showers are on the way for today; let's hope they don't disrupt things too much.

What rides did you go on Huss? I'm guessing you did the Hard Rock; an excellent ride! I don't think I'll ever try the new Music Express, especially if it's the same as Luna Park's Tango Train.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I've got to admit, its a pretty BAD line-up.

Lets list the rides that are NOT there:
Slingshot
Power Surge
Mega Drop
Thunderbolt
CLaw
Chaos
Ali Baba
Music Trip
Kamikaze
RollerGhoster
Haunted Mansion
Zipper(even though it hasn't been there 4 ages)

Correct me if i'm wrong like if a ride never goes or is there. My local show hawkesbury is has a much bigger midway. Oh well better than havin no rides. Still its ok. Enjoy the show

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

today is awesome weather, ill be heading down in about 2 hours, should be packed!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

rode hard rock, space roller, crazy coaster, taipan, sky view, and techno jump

NO

didn't ride NO LIMIT, the line was just wayy too long, but ill ride it next week! yay
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Come on huss. Ride it 4 me and tell us all how good it is :!:
benclare

Post by benclare »

So is Speed completely gone from the Showground? Glad you had a good time Huss; a great selection of rides you chose I must say!

Don't worry if you just can't ride No Limit. It's difficult to pluck up the courage but I do reckon you won't regret it once you've had a go and may even wonder why you were so reluctant in the first place. You did it with Zipper remember!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I don't think spped has left completly, they just fold down the arms. I'd say it closed early cause of wind of bad wheather. Brenton looks at the weather report everyday and if there's a strom or somethin comin, he'll shut shop early. Also, Ali Baba wasn't ment 2 go. Veruth only booked in the hangover.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I know that Speed was having problems on thursday night, but yesterday was fine, and very popular, probably not as popular as NO LIMIT though. Space Roller gave an awesome ride, I never get sick of it!
also strange bout Ali Baba, this year is probably the first year its missed ever since I remember!!

I think this could be the last year I do Melbourne..... sorry but Sydney just gets better and better, and Melbourne gets worse.... im not bagging it, its just fact!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good to hear Speed is back better than ever as with Space Roller.

I'd love to catch up with AAF members at next year's RES; I'm already counting down the months, weeks, days etc.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'm excited 2 ben. With tango goin and hawkesbury. The best show in the world!!!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

yeah cannot wait for RES08 gonna be insane! and I wanna get my ride tally on Rainbow up to around 40 HAHA
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Gees, 19 rides on it. How much will that cost 19x7=That's $133 :!: Keep savin up!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

LOL... thats not as much as I spent at EKKA... but lets not go there...

On other news, have you manged to ride No Limit yet Huss?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

U've got to ride it. Its funny how we spend a bomb just to rides Lol