Moomba Waterfest 8-10th March 2008

Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Ha,I'm the same Super Loops,I'm always distracted if good rides are around.I'll be in the city on the 10th for a gig and I'm trying to convince the people I'm going with to go a bit earlier so we can fit in some rides beforehand,but none of my mates are that keen on rides unfortunately :evil:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hope u guys do some good reviews down there. I still havent riden TF. Id love to try it, hopefully it'll come to hawkesbury this year
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

I'm not sure exactly when I'm going yet. Weather forecast is that it will be quite warm all weekend. I'd imagine the crowds are going to be big, especially at night for the fireworks display. It would be nice to be up the top of the Giant Wheel for the fireworks. The ride owners should all do quite well I think.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes Moomba is usually a boon for the ride operators, sort of a prelude to the RES as far as crowds go depending on the weather. Gary O'Neill has done a fantastic job attracting so many big ticket rides to this year's carnival. It mightn't be the good old Wittingslow Days but it's the sort of event that us Sydney folks would love to see more than once a year when the RES is on.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

What happened with that 'new family coaster' which was mentioned earlier in this thread? Is it there?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh should be a huge number of people there for the event. And the ride ops will be busy and have alot of cash flow id imagine. I havent heard anything of the new family coaster either
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

it could be The Goldmine Coaster or Wacky Worm Coaster, which are both 'new'. My dream Moomba would be: Zipper, Hard Rock, Flashdance, Cha Cha, Hurricane, Round Up, Space Roller, Breakdance, Rainbow, Dodgems, No Limit, Speed, Haloween (Paviers 3 Story Ghost Train) and some others!

CrazyCoaster
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

wacky worm is there in the kids carnival, saw the flowers in the distance, couldnt be stuffed walking over. haha
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep I must agree with you Crazy Coaster. It'll be interesting to see whether that new loop coaster from Adelaide makes Moomba and Sydney next year.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Wacky worm is prob that SBF coaster. And ben where did crazy coaster say anythin about the new looper coaster? Has anyone seen the halloween yet. I had pics sent to me of it but there adobe files so i dont know how to turn them into pic files. If someone tells me how, ill upload the pics
CrazyCoaster424

Hey benclare where did I say anything about the new looping coaster, maybe you got it mixed up, but I forgive ya! Hey topgunner, go to the page with the photo and go print screen, then paste into word or publisher and crop it to the size ya want it. Go right click and select 'save a picture'. Hope this helps cuz I would love to see these photos! Who owns the SBF Wacky Worm?

CrazyCoaster
princess

Post by princess »

We will all be seeing Halloween at RES, Haunted Mansion got kicked off because of it.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Good, I didn't like Haunted Mansion because I HATE spiders... That was the only reason I liked Roller Ghoster is because there were no spiders :P
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Went down tonight for a few hours.

Space roller was running short rides with no lines, and all of a sudden the front signs that cover the lights are gone, and two steel light frames are all bent and pushed in.... very strange.

No Limit was doing amazing, as well as Slingshot, no lines for Mega Drop.

Crazy coaster had a problem, one car got stuck at the top of the lift hill, and the second car was stuck on the second straight track up the top. No idea what happened, but there was smoke, its running ok now though, it was stopped for around 15 minutes.

Took my first ride on POWER SURGE. I think its like a very tame Space Roller. Bloody fun though! loved it, especially backwards!
Ranger, Wave Swinger, Twin Flip were doing well for the quiet crowds, and techno jump was doing well, shame not one light on the arms work, must be a technical fault.

anyways, back tomorrow night, for photos and stuff

chris.
princess

Post by princess »

Well thats interesting about the spider phobia, Hurricane, but isnt that what going into a ghost train is all about, to be scared. I actually never thought about the phobia idea to scare someone, but I like it. lol :lol: :twisted:
benclare

Post by benclare »

[quote="Top Gunner14"]And ben where did crazy coaster say anythin about the new looper coaster? I was actually agreeing with CrazyCoaster's dream Moomba carnival and then went on to wonder whether the new coaster would make it next year.

Good to hear you enjoyed Power Surge Huss. You're getting closer to riding No Limit no doubt about that! Can't wait for your next review.
CrazyCoaster424

Who owns that Looper Coaster benclare?

CrazyCoaster
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

lol i'm still scared to ride NO LIMIT, I don't know if i can handle it.... I love Zipper, Space Roller and Power Surge....
CrazyCoaster424

Hey Huss, I love Space Roller, but I haven't tried No Limit, Power Surge or Zipper. I'm thinking about goin to some Victorian shows or festivals this year, what do u reccomend Huss?

CrazyCoaster
princess

Post by princess »

Are you coming to Sydney Huss, I would love to see you having your first ride on No Limit, I could take pictures, I know that I probably would have a heart attack on No Limit.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I think Bob Lawrence owns that new coaster in Adelaide.

Don't worry if you can't ride NL Huss although I do think you would enjoy it as you like Space Roller and Zipper. I think the ride is pretty terrifying and is definitely more intense than the simulators NASA astronauts train on. Nothing I rode at the training centre in the States came close to No Limit; Mondial have created something very thrilling there. Have a good night at Moomba guys! :)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Well don't think im ever riding Space Roller again.... $10 for about a 1 minute ride, not both ways, one way, about 4 rotations and that was it.....

and yes princess, ill be there on the first 3 days, cant wait to get my wristband from 10-2
CrazyCoaster424

Geez! At Shepparton Show Space Roller was runnin for 5-6 minuites with large crowds and $8 a ride, during the day, and then at night $10. Would have loved to went!

CrazyCoaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh at sydney it runs for a good cycle and is 7 coupons. But $10 is bloody ridiculous for a short ride like that! But i spose all interest rates, fuel and insurance going up, theyve got no choice
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Is anyone gonna take any pics or do a review of the show?