2008 Royal Melbourne Show

Super Loops

2008 Royal Melbourne Show

Post by Super Loops »

only a little info is on the website now.

http://royalshow.com.au/carnival.asp

:? :roll: :!: :( :cry:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, the Melbourne Royal's website always give little info on what rides are going to be there. Read the Hangover description again, must have had an upgrade, 16 arms doing 360 degree rotations lol :lol: 8)
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

^ I hadn't noticed the Hangover description...will be interesting to see it with sixteen arms. I can't wait :oops:

On a serious note, does anyone know if the new Zyklon Loop 'Big Dipper' will make it over to the Royal Melbourne? I would think not if only due to how close the shows run together. Melbourne is missing out big time year after year.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I doubt very much whether the Big Dipper will make it to Melbourne this or any other year due to the proximity of dates between it and Adelaide and Adelaide will probably always win through. I guess it's possible BD could do Moomba or a Victorian Christmas carnival; not too sure whether bob Lawrence does carnivals in SA at those times.

As for Melb, the ride lineup is probably the same as last year as Power Surge and Sky Walker are missing. That leaves Space Roller, No Limit and Speed as the majors and possibly Insanity? :?:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I doubt insanity will be going to RMS due to going to Adelaide. I can tell you now I don't think i'll bother with Melbourne Show lol.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

2008 Royal Melbourne sh**....
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Huss, from what I've heard, it'll be alot better than last year. And no way the Big Dipper will do Melbourne
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Top Gunner, you really have me thinking what to expect now now...haha.... hmmm? So how do you think it will be better than last year? Well ok, come to think of it, I guess it's not THAT hard to top last year (or any of the last few years which have been very average at best). I'm not getting my hopes up.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I don't know but it'll be better. But the Power Surge will be going apparently now. Not Perth. Sorry, I've been told multiple times it's going to Perth but now it's definately doing Melbourne
Super Loops

Ride list

Post by Super Loops »

RIDES

Ferris Wheel
No Limit
Thunderbolt
Power Surge
Sea Explorer
Hangover Ride
Starship 2000
Roller Ghoster
F1 Euroslide
Breakdance
Hard Rock
Extreme Speed
Techno Jump
Alibaba
Wave Swinger
Raupen Bahn
Cliff Hanger
Numero Uno Dodgems
Crazy Spinning Coaster
Space Roller
Dino Ride
Jurassic Inflatable
Kangaroo Hop
Cup and Saucer
Rockin Tug
Dodgems
Elephants
Merry Go Rounds
Cup & Saucer
Convoy
Crocodile Inflatable
Miniture Train/ Model Cars/ Star Jets/ Jumping Castle
Samba Balloon Ride
Aladin Mini Jets
Undersea Mini Ferris Wheel
City Bridge Convoy
Outback Pony Rides
Outback Rattlers
Grand Carousel
Cars Disney Inflatable
Circus Circus
Musical Train

... looks pretty bad really. I'm not that excited at all, just wish Sky Walker had to made it instead of Marchs taking it to Perth. Oh Well. I guess it's good to see Thunderbolt back, but still, do we need to have Raupen Bahn?
Last edited by Super Loops on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Thunderbolt and Raupen Bahn..... is Melbourne Serious??
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

yeah. I was editing my post as you posted too Huss, and I think exacltly the same. haha, I just see no need for the two at all. Oh yeah, and no Taipan too, which is kind of odd.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

We did you get the list from. Strange with no Taipan as I heard it should be there already. Geez, Elwin Bell is going to kill his workers with the 4 day gap to get the Bolt from Adelaide to Melbourne. They'll be working very hard, thats for sure. And get rid of Raupenbahn
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Hey Guys, long time since I made a post! Well, I'm surprised about Power Surge that it is comin this year, and well for Taipan I am even more surprised about that!
Last edited by Space Roller Freak on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Top Gunner, the list was taken from the website, click the link at the top. I would expect Taipan to be there too, maybe it was rejected for some reason? or is it there?......
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, I was told it should be down there already getting setup. Ok thanks mate
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Its not that long a drive between Adelaide and Melbourne and most of them are going to have to do it.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, I know most quickly pack up and go to Melbourne. hey just pack up overnight and then out of there usually in the morning. How long does it take to get from Adelaide to Melbourne? A day?
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

It may not be far going from Adelaide to Melbourne but we have four days to tear down, drive and set up again. We are moving some big machinery here and its not easy.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, thats what I meant. I know what you guys have to do and yeh, it is tough especially with the bigger rides like Space Roller, Thunderbolt, Crazy Coaster etc
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I'll let you know on the 13th what is at the grounds.... no reason for TAIPAN not to be there... sometimes Melbourne don't really know what theyre doing with that website, im sure its there....
I remember No Limit was set up at the grounds for a good 2 weeks by itself last year.
avp

Post by avp »

drove past today and no limit was up! im gonna give it (Melb show) one more shot this year, after last year could it be any worse!!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Im just waiting for the year they get rid of the carnival all together, and then Moomba goes under, and then the only carnival we have is Geelong Show...

Melbourne sux ass now for shows! we used to have the best
princess

Post by princess »

Isn't Moomba better, than Melb show now
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Princess, I would agree with that. Back in the day, Moomba used to be great, but Melbourne Show even better (and the rides tended to go longer at Royal Melb)

Now, I'd say quite easily Melb Show is second-rate to Moomba as far as the number and variety of major rides - especially given that Moomba is a free-admission event. (though Melbourne Show offers the whole agricultural side too)

But everything changes year by year - new management comes in, new rides, new planning... all may not be lost.