2008 Royal Melbourne Show

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Also, I know this is offtopic kinda, but HOEFNAGELS, the former owners of Watkins Space Roller... are debuting their new purchase for 2009...

looks like the new "Booster" / "Speed" Ride that all the european owners want...
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Looks good Huss! Did ya take som pix?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Yeah I took a fair bit.... gimme some time haha
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Looking forward to the photos. The booster looks good, looks like a giant Fabbri model
Space Roller Freak

Hey Guys, I headin to the showgrounds tomorro. Will try and get my review and pics online Thursday.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok thanks mate, have fun
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

That is a fabbri model... its bigger than speed
Space Roller Freak

Hey Guys, I've just got back from the show. Great show got some pics and will post my review tomorro.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Im going back down tomorrow night, will have to beg Oz to play my cd, hahaah, didn't get to hear it the other night.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

They've probably been playing it already, look forward to the photos and review
Space Roller Freak

Well Guys, here is my review and photos from The Royal Melbourne Show 2008. Was a great show with some great rides playin great music.
Here is my Review:

MIDWAY:
All of the rides were very close to each other especially Space Roller & Hard Rock.

RAUPEN BAHN:
Price: $7.00
Rating: 8.5/10
In my opinion, Raupen Bahn is a great ride! Very unique how the Canvas folds over the Carriages while in operation. Very good ride cycles ran for about 3-4 minuites. Went on this twice. Great Ride Overall! Great ineraction with riders.

HARD ROCK:
Price: $8.00 OR 3 for $20.00
Rating: 6.5/10
Hard Rock was very dangerous to me as I was slipping out of my harness and Space Roller nearly colided with Hard Rock, after the ride I felt quite sick, first time I rode this one. Looked good and operated good, but the ride is just not for me! After gettin a bit sick I decided to try Hard Rock only once.

WAVE SWINGER:
Price: $7.00 OR 2 for $10.00
Rating: 7/10
After Hard Rock I needed something to calm my nerves. Wave Swinger was sweeping over show goers like no tomorrow. Running at full capacity, all lights workin and good 5 minuites cycles. The ride sensation is very cool went on this one twice, great ride.

SPACE ROLLER:
Price: $9.00, $10.00 after 6pm
Rating: 9.5/10
The show goers were lovin Space Roller, he was pumpin out some great tunes and great cyles., I rekon that Space Roller is the most affordable, crazy and safest ride at the show. Great ride as always, went on twice. Can't wait to try it again at the Ballarat Show. Great interaction with riders.

SPEED:
Price: $15.00 re-ride $10.00
I decided to miss Speed. Looked good, pumpin out some tunes and running great cycles. One thing it looked like that they didn't take th ride photo booth. They had the booth at the Shepparton Show, but I have no idea where it went!

CLIFF HANGER:
Didn't ride this one, I rekon would have been sick cuz ya lay on your tummy. Good cycles.

CRAZY COASTER:
Price: $9.00 OR 4 for $30.00
Ride Photos: $10.00ea
Didn't ride Crazy Coaster cuz da line was very long and it wasn't movin that fast, lookin good as always.

THUNDERBOLT:
Price: $8.00
Rating: 7.5/10
Well Thunderbolt is one ride. It was extremely fast, Huss you're not gonna like this but I would prefer Raupen Bahn. Was good cycles and great interaction with the riders. Went on once.

[Image

NO LIMIT:
Price: $15.00
Lookin great and some great noises from the propeller. Decided to be like u huss, not to go on it. Lookin good as always and good long ride cycles.

ALI BABA:
Rating: 8/10
Great ride. First time I've seen Marshalls Ali Baba, lookin good, good cycles too. Went on once.

BREAKDANCE:
Price: $8.00 OR 4 for $25.00
Rating: 8.5/10
Lookin exeptional as always. Pumpin out some good music and rather goo cycles. Great ride.

HANGOVER:
Did'nt ride it looked too scary for me, loads of people goin on it though!

TECHNO JUMP:
Rating: 7/10
I could hav not went past this. It is my favourie family ride. The line was huge, but quickly shortend cuz of the ride capacity. Doesn't it take 40 pax or so.

POWER SURGE:
Rating: 6/10
Power Surge is my least favourite ride. After go in on it I felt very sick. Didn't like it at all. Lookin good though, great ride interaction.

ROLLER GHOSTER:
Price: UNKNOWN
Didn't go on it, the graveyard looked great, but the line for the ride was huge. Looked Great

Well, thats it I had a great time. The next show i'm heading off to is my local: Ballarat in November. Next year I am definatly getting around to more shows such as: Melbourne, Shepparton, Bendigo, Geelong, Ballarat & Traralgon. Just a quick question, do you guys know what da Seymour, Bendigo or Swan Hill shows hav?

Now my top 5 rides are As follows.....
1. Watkins Space Roller
2. Raupen Bahn
3. Wave Swinger
4. Ali Baba
5. Techno Jump

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Last edited by Space Roller Freak on Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great work mate, sounds like you had a good time. Good photos and good review
Space Roller Freak

Thanx Top Gunner.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Went again tonight, only rode space roller and hard rock again, had a good chat with Oz.... shame my CD isn't for sale hahaha....
A friend who HATES going on the big rides, got dragged on No Limit, and she loved it! so i think if she can handle it, then I can... will be doing it again on the weekend. Took a record breaking 1 photo... lol
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Thanks for the review and pics SRF.Looks as though your bad experience with Kamikaze last year has put you off those rides for good?.Surprising to see you rate Raupen Bahn so highly,it seems to be one ride that is unanimously despised by AAF members :lol:.Also surprising to see you may be attending Traralgon Show (next year?),thats a pretty long trek if you're coming down just for the show.
Space Roller Freak

Matt, it is now easier to get to shows via trains. I live in Ballarat now and they hav like 18 trains a day each way, which is better than where I was from: Shepparton. Matt do u know any thin about wat rides that Swan Hill, Seymour or Bendigo get?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Its good you'll be getting to more shows. Also looks like Marshall's Ali baba has had some work done to it. Bendigo show is 24-25th Oct, Seymour is 4th Oct and Swan Hill is the same weekend the 3-4 of Oct. Looking forward to your reviews from all the shows.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Just got free tickets, so either going tonight again, or tomorrow... aswell as sunday....

I really wanna make the Space Roller guys another cd.... lol time for another new music wild hunt!
Space Roller Freak

Hey huss, how did ya get free tix?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
benclare

Post by benclare »

Awesome review! Your description of Raupen Bahn makes me want to give it a go; I wasn't too keen before reading your review. If it's better than Thunderbolt, it must be good because I love Thunderbolt!

Huss, go on and take the plunge and ride NL; you won't regret it for a second! Am looking forward to your reviews and posts on your You Tube channel.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Best mate, his mum got us some free tickets, no idea how, but its great, im going tomorrow and sunday! :D what a weekend!!

Also Raupen Bahn is cool, not bad for a MUSIK EXPRESS, there is something soo European looking about it, its great. I'm glad they kept the original name.. would have looked a bit silly as 'CATERPILLAR COASTER' thats a weird translation... its a bit rough..
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, It's not that bad of a ride... but it really needs a mechanical overhaul. It was looking alot better at this years ekka than it did last year. It was a good review SRF, and I look forward to seeing your review soon huss. I'll be cheering you on to ride No Limit from my office chair! :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

well if i don't ride No Limit today... then I will tomorrow haha
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

LOL... You should give Elwin a CD. I remember at last years ekka it was playing some real techno music and it really suits the ride. It seems to have deteriorated since last year. The cycle was just amazing, the smoke machines and the strobes were in overdrive and I thought I was going to have an asthma attack. And I don't even have Asthma!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Well here are my photos for 2008..... Haha mainly focused on Space Roller... Anyways... enjoy

Enjoy.