2008 Ballarat Show (Review + Pics Now Added!)

ridefan

Post by ridefan »

coaster was there and it was squashy most times the coaster works in behind other things the halloween takes alot of front and i think like 20 feet deap so if the halloween gos there i dont think the coaster will fit but hay i might be wrong
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Well, it is just under a week to go! No rides hav started to appear yet, but I'm goin down this afternoon to check if anythin has turned up. I will be venturing to the show on Saturday arvo, so this means my pics will feature rides lit up at night which is a first for me. I'm very exited about the show, can't wait to try Space Roller again, I think I might hav to ride like 50 times before I get sick of it! I may take som set up pics, but who knows! Huss, u goin?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Setup photos would be good. Should be a good turnout well hopefully anyway
Space Roller Freak

So be honest, I really hope that Crazy Coaster doesn't come cuz it takes up so much room and u could put more classics insted, so that is another wish for me!

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

But Crazy Coaster is very popular anywhere it goes. But its still good. I think it doesn't take up as much frontage. Its probably the same as a big major ride. But its depth is pretty large. But then you could fit in a few joints or kids rides but I'd rather see it there
Space Roller Freak

I don't know? I just hope it is a good line up.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Space Roller Freak

Just drove past the showgrounds and a set of dodgems and a starship simualtor was parked just outside the showgrounds. I'm a bit surprised to as why more rides havn't came yet. Will be goin down tomorrow afternoon, I may hav som pics, so stay tuned!

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh they'll start to turnup tomorrow. Don't get to worried, you'll get more than a Simulator and a set of Dodgems lol
Space Roller Freak

We sure will! If Colac & Albury finished Saturday it probbly would hav more rides there now! I'm very exited as this is the only the second country show that I hav been to.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I would surely hope they'd get more than that! :lol:
Space Roller Freak

Well, this may sound not exiting for me, but deffinatly exiting to me. Just arrived back from the Showgrounds, was deffinatly more rides there! I am very exited that SCORPION has arrived at the show, this is the first time I have seen it since it changed ownership. Rides also there are: Pinks Crazy Cars, Hangover, Space Roller & Hard Rock. It is a bit hard to see what rides are there when there is all old pavilions around where the rides go. Can't wait to try Scorpion + Space Roller again, I'm still not sure if I would ride Hard Rock again, but I will see! Sorry didn't get any setup pics as it was pouring raining! Crazy Cars is setup at the main entrance of the grounds. Along with Hangover and Hard Rock next to it. Hangover was still racked on its trailer, Hard Rock was almost finished, they just had to rise the arms + put the car on. Scorpion was just starting to setup. But Space Roller is still on its trailers! Can't wait till Saturday! I may get down there on Thurday arvo to hav a full list of rides + take some pics, but I can't promise anything. Probbly will head down tomorrow arvo to see wat else is there and wat has set up.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Space Roller Freak

About 10 mins ago, Aaron Pink appeared on a local news interview about the safety of rides at the ballarat show. They also mensioned that only days ago a male was injured while seting up a ride near Shepparton.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
PNC

Post by PNC »

i spoke to Aaron today, and im sure his crazy cars are now set up
Space Roller Freak

Well, yesterday took som se up pics, but i'm havin som trouble from gettin them off my phone and on the my computer but I will upload them soon as i can. Crazy Cars is compleate, exept the cars still need to b added. Hangover is almost done as it just needs the cars to be attached to the arm. Hard Rock is near compleation but it just needs the platform around it. Well, I am a bit dissapointed as I made a mistake about Scorpion, it was breakdance that I thought was Scorpion, sorry. Breakdance is nearly done, it just needs a piece of the backdrop, the BREAKDANCE sign & the cars need to be un-packed. Crazy Coaster has arrived and has just started to setup next to Crazy Coaster, Space Roller will b situated, it hasn't even been started on yet. Cliff Hanger is still racked on its trailer. Another set of dodgems, is almost finished as it just has to add som decorations. I am very exited and surprised about this, Roller Ghoster has now arrived, lookin great, but without the graveyard. Also Halloween has arrived and Fully set up. Verfurth's Ferris Wheel is in mid-stages of setting up. I also hav noticed that there are loads more kids rides then Shepparton. Speed hasn't arrived yet. Loads of games setup. Lookin forwards to the show.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for the update. A good line-up so far
Space Roller Freak

Here are the pics that I took yesterday arvo. Talked to ur uncle Ozshowkid, seems like a nice bloke!

MIDWAY:

CRAZY CARS:

HANGOVER:

CLIFF HANGER:

SEA EXPLORER:

HARD ROCK:

BREAKDANCE:

SPACE ROLLER:

CRAZY COASTER:

DODGEMS:

ROLLER GHOSTER:

FERRIS WHEEL:

HALLOWEEN:

Also going down within the hour, so will keep u all updated, but I won’t be takin photos.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

that was the perfect time to get a clear shot of the backdrop panel that you never see! DAMN! That panel is stopping me from converting the Faller model when it's released!
Space Roller Freak

Sorry huss, they didn't hav it set up fully, so wat could I do? Anyway Space Roller, Hard Rock, Hangover, Breakdance and Roller Ghoster are all compleated. Crazy Coaster has a few track pieces to go. Also, there is like 3 different simulator rides, how rediculous, there just needs to be one or none. The only one that looks good is Verfurth's Sea Xplorer, which is here! Didn't go in today, just drove past and u can't see all the rides cuz sheds are blockin ur view. Also Ferris Wheel just needs to have the canvas added to each car. Huss, u gonna go?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Yes im going, and all I meant was, see that middle panel that was up, when the main arm goes up, it gets blocked. Photoshop is a good thing, and joining it all up in photos would be easy. Also I need a good clear front on shot of the SPACE ROLLER sign. Oh well.
Space Roller Freak

Sorry Huss! :(

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers for those photos. Good lineup and hopefully a good weekend for you SRF
Space Roller Freak

Speed has now arrived, but in mid-stages of setting up. Gee I can't wait till saturday arvo. Will b goin down about 5pm. Will hav som day + night pics!

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
princess

Post by princess »

Uncle Ozshowkid :?: ???
Space Roller Freak

Went down today for just a look. Space Roller havin a few people havin a go and doin pretty good ride cycles. Crazy Coaster was running consistantly. Speed hasn't even been put up in the air, maybe cuz the it is 50km/h winds today in Ballarat, and tomorrow 35-45km/h. Quite a few people were havin a go at Hard Rock running very consistantly, but very short rides. Anyway looks good. This years lineup is:

Crazy Cars
Hangover
Sea Xplorer Simulator
Cliff Hanger
Breakdance
Speed
FX Simulator
Space Roller
Crazy Coaster
Dodgem Cars
Roller Ghoster
Ferris Wheel
Halloween

The local newspaper 'The Courier' had a article about the show and stated that more that 80 sideshows are featured at this years show also they had a pic of Aaron Pink setting up his Crazy Cars.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Pretty good lineup. Looking forward to your photos