2008 Ballarat Show (Review + Pics Now Added!)

Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Just arrived back from the Show, wow wat a great day! I'm very disapointed though. Was talkin to som TPA guys and they said that Speed won't be operating at this show, due to there is something wrong with hydrolics or somthin. Speed was up but just sittting in the air. And to add to more of my fustration, Space Roller had a problem yesterday cuz all the wind and rain had blew a circit, i feel very sorry for Russell Watkins and Brodwick Pavier. I'm heading back down tonight to sake som pics and see if Space Roller is goin, if not will go on som other ride. These two rides are in my point of view, the best rides at the show. Apart from those two probs, the show was great, had a few rides and will do my review + pics tomorrow.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

WET

COLD

SPACE ROLLER: DOWN

SPEED: DOWN

WASTE OF TIME.
Space Roller Freak

Hey Huss, I think i saw u takin pics of Space Roller were u wearin a black coat and light blue jeans? When i went back down to the show Space Roller was operating, gee the rides were awsome! I will give more info in my review later.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

haha yeah that was me.... I've started taking photos of parts of the ride for the Faller Model.

Does anyone know where Space Roller is going to after Ballarat?

Dandenong Today!
Space Roller Freak

Did you see me Huss, I had a pink jacket + black jeans. I was standing at the Space Roller Ticket Box and saw u takin pics then I was under the Laughing Clowns oposite Space Roller talkin to Russell's Aunty about Space Roller, she confirmed that Space Roller will be goin to Philip Island again. Huss, u probbly know where it is, how much it costs and when it is on. But i forgot to ask her about where it is goin next. I went past the grounds today and they were tryin to get speed down, so far they have been succeeding. They should have called in No Limit to take speed's place. Huss did you get to go on Space Roller, cuz it started workin about 7pm.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Space Roller Freak

2008 Ballarat Show (Review + Pics Now Added!)

Well, had a great time yesterday, here is my review;

MIDWAY:
Was very compact how they fitted all them rides. Was very surprised about Halloween and Roller Ghoster turning up.

BREAKDANCE:
Laurie’s Breakdance lookin great, as always. Went on this one twice was great fun. This ride makes me think of a Cha Cha crossed with a Tilt-a-Whirl. Had a good ride cycle too about 5 minutes and lots of people having a go.

CLIFF HANGER:
Tried this for the first time. I layed down and the ride attendant put the harness down. Soon after we had started to rise and then spin. This is one of my fav rides at the show has a great feeling of flying. My legs nearly hit Crazy Coaster and Roller Ghoster. Went on this one three times.

CRAZY CARS:
The best looking dodgem cars I have ever seen. Had a go, great fun as always. I love the jingle that says: ‘Ride The Dodgems’. This was sure busier than the other set of dodgems.

CRAZY COASTER:
Crazy Coaster is probably the best ‘Family’ Roller Coaster. Had two turns on it. On the ‘bottom’ level, where you spin we barley spun but the second time, whoa I thought I was gonna hav a asthma attack, great ride and was very popular.

DODGEMS:
Didn’t ride these set, Crazy Cars looks so much better. Not many people havin a go.

FERRIS WHEEL:
Not lookin the best, but still has a good view, didn’t ride.

HALLOWEEN:
This is defiantly a great piece of artwork. I believe that this would have been much better than Roller Ghoster. Was a bit scary, cuz there was operators trying to scare patrons on the upper level. This looks frekin awesome, but I didn’t ride as I don’t like the dark.

HANGOVER:
Hangover has proven to be a crowd pleaser, but I didn’t go any where near it. It was lookin good, much better than Brian Watkin’s Kamikaze. Great long ride cycles too.

HARD ROCK:
I didn’t try Hard Rock again, after my terrible ordeal at this years Melbourne Show. Looking great at night and attracting quite a few people, but very short ride cycles.

ROLLER GHOSTER:
Was very shocked when I saw this when I was takin som set up pics. Not many people riding at all, which was a bit of a shame. Also there was no ‘Scary Photos’ available from the ride. Anyway it was still lookin good but without the grave yard. I like the look of Halloween better.

SPACE ROLLER:
Well, when I turned up at the show I was very disappointed, Space Roller wasn’t operating. So I had a look at the pavilions and other rides and stuff, but when I came back it still wasn’t goin so I asked a lady across the road that was operating the laughing clowns and she then told me that it wasn’t goin due to the rain last night as well as the wind had blew a circit. I was very upset. This lady turned out to be Russell Watkins’ Aunty. She said they had ordered a part from Melbourne and that it would be operating about 4pm. So we went on a few more rides and then came back, to find someone in the ticket box selling tickets for Space Roller. I bought two tickets since it is just sooooooo good. Then 10 mins later the guy selling the tickets told us that the part they ordered was an inch too short and they had to order another one. Ride goers were very, very frustrated. Some demanded refunds, but then the guy in the ticket box had disappeared. We then came back 1hr later to find a sign that said; this ride will start operating at 5pm. So we walked around a bit more, and came back to it. We found one of the ops and he said that it would still be a couple of hours. So we were waiting for 5pm so we could get a refund on the tickets. We then mentioned that we bought tickets for Space Roller over 3hrs ago. She said the guy who operates Space Roller is my nephew and she then gave us a refund. We then left and came back. When we came back Space Roller was goin. So we got som tickets and then jumped on. The line wasn’t that big, to be honest it was tiny. We first started very slowly and then picked up loads of speed. It looks great when it is operating with the lasers, strobes and smoke machines. After we got off I decieded to hav another go, oh it was great fun. This was the first time I have been on the inside of the arm. This is the best ride ever. Thanks to Russell!

Well, that was a great show, apart from Speed not working. Next I am thinking may be Philip Island, bit I need to know some more info about it.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Yeah I think I did see you... lol don't wear that pink top again :twisted:

haha, anyway, went to Dandenong, was terrible, No Limit still had no sign, and Zipper wasn't working, just had oil everywhere. Pix soon!
Space Roller Freak

Bit of a shame but it seams that No Limit when it goest to regionals it doesn't hav a sign.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Or that something has happened to it. I saw photos from 2007 at Mildura, and the sign was definitely on!
Space Roller Freak

Well, the Ballarat Show has came and left with a huge bang! Hangover has packed up and left. Hard Rock is almost ready to go. Cliff Hanger and Speed are racked on there trailers. Halloween also has been packed up onto its trailer. Space Roller was up in the air and they have packed up the platform. Crazy Coaster and Roller Ghoster are still setup. Breakdance is almost done, it just needs some of the backdrop to be folded down. Huss, do u know anythin about how much it costs or where exactly the philip island carnival is?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Spaceroller, the Phillip Island carnival is on a farm-paddock piece of land on the main road through the island. As you come off the bridge, it's on the left before you get to town. (not too far along, maybe 5 minutes from memory)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Yeah, it's in Cowes.

Space Roller, Kamikaze, Tilt, Cha Cha, and games are there. Not bad...
Wish I could see Space Roller at Rye, as it is just a better atmosphere, but it would never happen.

Chris.
Space Roller Freak

Thanks for that guys! Huss, do u know if they hav a unlimated ride pass or single tickets?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for the photos and review. Maybe something is happening to the sign (getting fixed/re wired or something). Thanks again
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

No they don't have unlimited rides.

Rye has wristbands from 7-10 though.
Space Roller Freak

Top Gunner, glad you enjoyed my pics & review in the coming year you will see more and more of pics.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Well i'll retire then ey :P
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ahaha, no huss, your photos are great. No probs SRF
Matt Diabolism

Re: 2008 Ballarat Show (Review + Pics Now Added!)

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Pink's Crazy Cars definitely are impressive..understandable why he sold Hurricane to help pay it off.Would still like to know who ended up with Wild Thing though.
ImageImage
Space Roller Freak

I'm pretty sure that Aaron Pink has taken his Crazy Cars to the Clunes Show which is on this weekend. Clunes is 20 mins from Ballarat.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Im pretty sure Pinks Crazy Cars are not at Clunes, as our dodgems are here along with octopus and paratrooper. Im sure Pinks crazy cars are at either Nurat or Kynton. Also Australian company Browns amusements(owner of the twister Tilt a whirl) Brought the wild thing Hurricane.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

ozshowkid wrote: Also Australian company Browns amusements(owner of the twister Tilt a whirl) Brought the wild thing Hurricane.
Aaahh..OK,interesting..thanks Oz.Are Browns Victorian based?.Also wasn't Watkins Super Trooper once owned by Browns?..I remember seeing their logo on the ticket booth.
ImageImage
Space Roller Freak

Anything else there oz, as I could b goin? I drove past the showgrounds yesterday and it looked like Crazy Cars, but it must have been yours oz. Also whose Octopus is there?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Yeah there is also three sheds an ovel and some sheep yards. LOL. Also two kiddies rides, a food van, bungees, and some games. octopus is Millers, cars are Millers and trooper is Watkins. Not a very big area, but it is full.
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Space Roller Freak

Well, to my knowledge my mates say that the Clunes Show is better than the Ballarat Show but i totaly disagree! I thought that there would be at least a Tilt-a-Whirl or a Cha Cha. Havn't seen any of the rides there, probbly won't be goin. My next big event will probbly be Philip Island, Angesea or Rye. Could someone give me some more info on where the Anglesea carnival is, when it is on and how much it costs. Good to see a Octopus still out and about! Hope you have a good show oz!

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak