Royal Geelong Show 2008

Space Roller Freak

Royal Geelong Show 2008

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Well, the Royal Geelong Show is on again. Acording to the shows website the majors there will be:
Halloween
Crazy Coaster
Cliff Hanger
Techno Jump
Ferris Wheel
Hangover
Speed
Underwater Simulator

I wonder if it is Lauries Techno Jump that will be goin or is it TPA Shows' Super Jump. In my opinion, the Geelong Show shouldn't be 'Royal' Anymore, as it has no really eye popping major rides! If Space Roller went it would probbly be a different situation for me. I'm surprised that an Ali Baba isn't goin as one goes almost every year, maybe the guild swapped the Ali Baba for Halloween? Who knows. At this stage it doesn't look like Sky Walker is gonna go som Vic shows. It may be the case same with Power Surge. The first year Power Surge was in Australia, it didn't com to Moomba or Melbourne Show, so maybe next year it will do som vic shows.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Last edited by Space Roller Freak on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

I may give it a miss this year if this is the line up, unless the ride list is only just what has so far been confirmed, but I doubt it. At least there was ZIPPER, MEGA DROP and a couple others last year which made it worth a look. It's a real shame since Geelong was once a regional show I really looked forward to, it was always a fun day out. Let's hope some of the regionals don't loose their appeal just like some capitals have recently.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'd say that Stratton's Scorpion will be there and I'm sure the Mega Drop will be back over soon. You never know, the Power Surge might pop up here and there. I'm sure that an Ali Baba will be going, but there is only one I think down around Vic at the moment and that is Marshall's. Veruth's used to be down there but that since has been sold. I'd say the davis Zipper will go. Hopefully the show should be alright. Are you going SRF?

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Space Roller Freak

I'm not sure, thats wat they had on their website so who knows! Power Surge could turn up u never know!

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Missionelement

Post by Missionelement »

Just went to the geelong show not the best line up at all, all thoses rides listed turned up also MEGA DROP, ZIPPER, no ali baba this year. didnt take any pics as i was smashed last nyt seeing if i could get sick didnt happen none of the rides could so it for me. Prices as normal good day if you want some fun,
Space Roller Freak

Thanks for that missionelement! I was lookin on the Geelong Advertisers Website earlier and saw some pics and articles about the rides. Also Scorpion, Cliff Hanger, Twin Flip & Roller Ghoster turned up. If u don't believe me look at the Geelong Advertisers Website.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Missionelement

Post by Missionelement »

yea thats correct those rides were there anyways guys have a great day
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, it is down on recent years but still a neat lineup and Twin Flip was there
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Yeah,great to see Twin Flip at some Vic. shows.Lets hope we see it around more,I miss it.Have to admit I would be a bit indecisive about riding it after the S.A incident though.
Last edited by Matt Diabolism on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Space Roller Freak

Yes, I would be a bit turned off Twin Flip about the acident at the Adelaide Show. Would die if Twin Flip, Space Roller & No Limit went to Ballarat.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'd still give it a go
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

What happened with Twin Flip was a freak accident. If TPA were not sure on it's saftey they would not be running it, it is as simple as that. Just because of what happened it would not stop me from riding it. However I wouldn't really want to ride it because those damn Moser harnesses kill my legs!

Anyway it seems that it was a mostly TPA lineup this year, one of the only rides of theirs missing is Raupen Bahn (or Raupen Crap depending on what you think of the ride) And the reason that the Ali probably isn't there is that it was owned by Cetek last year who does Victoria and Gills PartyLand, the new owners don't do that show.
Space Roller Freak

Was Ceteks ALi Baba For Sale & Sold to Gills PartyLand? Geeeewiz! I wonder if Marshall's Unit will come to Ballarat. So maybee we will see it doin some Qld shows. I had no idea they sold it! Well, it explains it how Shepp usually has Cetek Ali Baba, but this year it didn't. I'm shocked! Doesn't the same person that owns Scorpion also owns a Ali Baba, and thats for sale too. Its a nicer lookin one than Ceteks & Marshalls one. Davis Wallis' from the UK owned it thats where it came from.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I've heard John Stratton owned one but I've never seen it before but there is one that's in SA for sale. I forget the blokes name. Yeh, it is a nice unit
princess

Post by princess »

I was under the impression that Twin Flip's accident, was a mishap, more than an accident, blown out of proportion, by the media, I could be mistaken, perhaps OZ could enlighten us,
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Space Roller does do Ballarat