MELTON DJERRIWARRH FESTIVAL

avp

MELTON DJERRIWARRH FESTIVAL

Post by avp »

Hi folks, there is a small carnival in Melton this weekend, i drove past today and they were setting up, hurricane, tilt and zipper were the only rides i could really see, looked ok tho.

Cheers.
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Well, those rides wont be turnin up @ Ballarat OR Dandenong. Geeeeewizz I wish a hurricane went to Ballarat, i am still to try one!

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
avp

Post by avp »

umm last year zipper left Melton at the last moment and went to
Dande, wouldnt suprise me if it happened again! it was still racked on the trailer so until i see it standing ill keep my fingers crossed!!
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Rides list: Dodgem cars, Night Mare, Super Slide, Hurricane, Sizzler, Scorpion, Twister, Circus fun house, Ultimate Party Machine, rocket simulator and Zipper. Plus games and kiddies rides.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks Oz, basically same lineup as last year.
avp

Post by avp »

ok has been a while since i have ridden Shorts Zipper, last time it was at the Melb Show i think, but today i rode it twice and it was F@#kin awsome!! im annoyed tho!! :evil: i puchased an unlimited ride pass and only had 2 rides!! can somebody please tell me why, with an absolutley packed carnival and a line on the zipper 50mt long (40 min wait) they are only operating 1/2 the zipper!!! were all the second cars broken!!! really annoying!! with that whinge out of the way, still the meanest ride ever!!
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Yes, I also wished they were loading both sides of the Zipper, I got 3 rides in, but wanted more it was that good! VICIOUS is the only word that I can use to describe it...I guess they think buy making the line longer it makes the ride appear 'popular' and it could lead to more people buying single tickets, rather than armbands and only paying once. I don't really know the answer though.

Ahh, and I took the advice from Matt Diabolism who said the yellow cars on Scorpion were the fastest when he rode Scorpion in Sale. I am pleased to say he is correct and observant! I had never been in the yellow before from memory, for some reason I was always getting a pink one lol, so thanks Matt Diabolism, it was the BEST scorpion ride I have ever had. I will now be riding Scorpion a LOT more (but only in the yellow)! My legs were almost jelly when I left the thing..... Awesome FAST ride.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Super Loops wrote: so thanks Matt Diabolism, it was the BEST scorpion ride I have ever had.
You're welcome mate! :lol: .
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Yeah, the first time I tried Scorpion was at the 2007 Shepparton Show, just before it changed ownership. I was in yellow and it was very fast. Wish it came to Ballarat instead.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
oldie but goodie

Post by oldie but goodie »

hi all generaly when a rides only loads a 1/4 or 1/2 or 3/4 with people waiting the operators are trying to keep the ride ballanced
oldie but goodie
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

no probs oldiebutgoodie, but are you saying that if the Zipper is fully loaded it is not balanced? I still think it must be the best ride ever invented, need to go for a ride on it now in fact. If only I had one in my backyard with my own operator. :(
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

oldie but goodie wrote:hi all generaly when a rides only loads a 1/4 or 1/2 or 3/4 with people waiting the operators are trying to keep the ride ballanced

this doesnt make sense at all.......
i could understand if there was no one there. but your therory doesnt work when it comes to a big crowd. You buy a ride to operate it to the capacity that you can work it at. they dont put 32 seats on a ranga then tell you can only put 26 people oni it.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Clay wrote:
oldie but goodie wrote:hi all generaly when a rides only loads a 1/4 or 1/2 or 3/4 with people waiting the operators are trying to keep the ride ballanced

this doesnt make sense at all.......
i could understand if there was no one there. but your therory doesnt work when it comes to a big crowd. You buy a ride to operate it to the capacity that you can work it at. they dont put 32 seats on a ranga then tell you can only put 26 people oni it.
but, I think it is probably hard to keep a constant run of 32 people every cycle, I mean what if you are missing 3 people to balance out the next ride and have to make all the 29 people on beard wait extra for the ride to fill? What I am trying to say is if they halve the ride load then at least they get it 'going' more often than not. Make sense? I still think a fully loaded Zipper is balanced though.