2008 Traralgon Show (Review, pics & videos now added)

Matt Diabolism

Re: 2008 Traralgon Show

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Ha ha,I guess you spied Space Roller in the background of one of the vids?.Yes,the line-up was awesome,I'm still suffering withdrawal symptoms after having such a great time! :lol: The only thing in the forseeable future that could top it is next years Moomba.
ImageImage
Space Roller Freak

Re: 2008 Traralgon Show

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Yes, i shore did see Space Roller in the background and i thought i was dreaming. From what i could see, it had a balence of newer and classic rides which is always great! Looking forwards to ur review.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Matt Diabolism

Re: 2008 Traralgon Show (Review, pics & videos now added)

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Well,if you have read any of the posts I made after the show,you'll know how impressed I was with this years line-up.It was the most fun I've had at a show since Traralgon '06,or going back even further, Sale in the mid to late 90's.The biggest surprise was seeing Space Rollers arm protruding above the midway when I arrived..I certainly had hoped it would show up,and seeing it again put a huge smile on my face.But the surprises didnt end there.I didnt see No Limit's arm when I was outside the grounds,it wasnt until I was entering the midway,and it was operating..sending it's riders into the sky that I saw it.As I walked deeper into the midway..March's Hurricane,not a surprise as such,but great to see it did turn up..and next to it-Dale's Flashdance.I ended up staying for six hours,and time literally flew by,could've easily been there for another four.
So the full line-up was:

No Limit
Davis' Zipper
Space Roller
Kamikaze
Watkins Super Trooper
Flashdance
Ultimate Party Machine
March's Hurricane
CTLS' Tilt
Taylor's Cha Cha
Dodgems x2
Various kids rides-inflatables,kiddie coaster..etc.

Unfortunately,the weather was pretty crap.Overcast all day..and by 7 pm it had started raining,which only got worse as the night wore on.I left around 8:30,and by that stage it was pouring..and it didnt let up,cant imagine the rides operating for much longer after I left.All that water cant be good for them..this pic of No Limit shows how bad it was:-

SPACE ROLLER
My first ride of the day.It was two years since I last experienced this machine..and damn did I miss it!.Excellent cycles,great value ($9 and $5 re-rides),and a spectacular sight to behold as a rider or spectator.Rode twice,luckily both times seated on the end.Would've given it at least one more ride,but ran out of time.

SPACE ROLLER VIDEO-Offride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idkeZsByoL8

NO LIMIT
Again,it had been two years since I last rode this.Still missing it's crowning glory-so to speak.I intended to ask the attendant about the sign,but it slipped my mind..probably because once I stepped up to the platform,my mind was occupied with what lay ahead..ha ha.The ride cycles were not as intense as they were in '06,no locking the gondola in the inverted position through the station.But this is No Limit we are talking about,so it's still a mind blowing experience,no matter what.Only disappointments-no cheaper re-rides,and cycles were a little short for my liking.Rode twice.

NO LIMIT VIDEO-Offride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeglxv4xTWY

FLASHDANCE
This machines presentation is nothing short of stunning..the lighting,lasers and smoke machine all combine to create a very exciting experience.Great interaction from the operator,and brilliant long cycles.This is another ride I will be eagerly jumping on every time I come across it.Only got to ride it once..ran out of time.

FLASHDANCE VIDEO-Offride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctzf49KQErM

KAMIKAZE
I'll always jump on a Kamikaze/Ranger when presented with the opportunity.As we all know,Watkins unit could do with some TLC,but a good ride nonetheless.

KAMIKAZE VIDEOS-
Offride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntitlN9A2ic
Onride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j19r3lIDylg

SUPER TROOPER
Glad to see this again.I could be mistaken,but I think they have at least attemted to replace some of the blown or missing bulbs...still could use a new paint job.Cycle wasnt as enjoyable as last year,only lifted once.

SUPER TROOPER VIDEOS-
Onride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWpyXXLAdqk
Offride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSvmgPx8CKM

ULTIMATE PARTY MACHINE
Whats a regional without a Miami?..was a little surprised it was this unit.Popular as always,especially with loud,screaming teenage girls..ha.Didnt ride it..or get a video.

ZIPPER
Thankfully no problems with it this time.Looks fantastic with the new lighting.I only rode this once,but once was more than enough!.I'm not sure if while it had it's cosmetic overhaul it had some sort of mechanical tweaking,or if the operator was just pushing it to its limits..but this was the most extreme Zipper experience I've had yet.I realize this is a random ride experience,but the forces I was being subjected to when my cage was thrown over the wheels was almost unbearable at times.I lost count of the amount of times I lost my grip on the bars,and ended up with my head or face planted into the padding..ha ha.I guess I got my moneys worth though.

The rain ruined most of my night shots..this is the best of a bad bunch:-

ZIPPER VIDEO-Offride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F2k-jiQQAg

HURRICANE
Well I consider myself pretty lucky to be able to ride what many consider to be Australia's top two Hurricanes within the space of a month.I think March's unit is on a par with Bell's,she certainly is one sexy machine!.I also met Chris Hennessey,who noticed that between riding I was constantly taking pics,and figured I must be an AAF member..ha ha..very nice and easygoing bloke.He promised to give me a Hurricane ride to remember..and he definitely delivered.The best way to describe the bouncing?..violent!!.Watch the onride video and you'll see what I mean.Chris was nice enough to give me a freebie,and went a little easier on me second time around,but still very enjoyable.I think March's are selling it soon..it's new owners will probably be Taylor's.

Bloody rain:-

HURRICANE VIDEOS-
Onride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LSjOAjBujI
Offride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwc47Kn6edU

CHA CHA
Got a free ride on this thanks to the owner..after again being asked if I was an AAF member (I guess we are easy to spot!).It's been a fair while since I've ridden a Cha Cha,but the speed of this one is pretty awesome..and the fluro lighting is very retro..ha ha.

CHA CHA VIDEO-Onride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWYZxluf4i0

To wrap up proceedings,thought I'd include this short news report-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntRkZ2iSWs0

After meeting Chris I was doing some searches on March's,and came across this interview with Luke talking about Skywalker and the industry-http://www.skillsone.com.au/Industry/8/ ... ival-Life/
Last edited by Matt Diabolism on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
princess

Post by princess »

Just loved the Flashdance video, the interaction from the operator was fantastic, felt like I was there. Shame about the rain, I have not seen rain that heavy here in Sydney for a long time.

Well done again Matt, gives you that fix, hopefully Ben is watching too. :D
Space Roller Freak

I totaly agree princess about the Flashdance vid is it so good, and a really good cycle time! Well done matt for them vids, ur review + photos great as always and well worth the wait.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Thanks guys..but check it out again,I'd not finished posting it all..ha ha.
ImageImage
Space Roller Freak

Yeh i noticed that Matt, lookin forwards to ur pics of Ultimate Party Machine and Davis' Zipper.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Space Roller Freak

And my mish came true instanly pics came up just after i last posted my comment. Intresting what u said about March's Hurricane, are they really selling it? I also woner if they are going to buy a new ride or just payback their low for Sky Walker?
Thanks for that Matt!

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

I'd say this looked like one of the best shows in Vic all year. Looks like you had a blast, great videos and pics too. I know what you mean about Deans Zipper, I rode last at Lilydale and I was thrown around just like that too, only difference is.... I went back for more :twisted: Thanks for posting Matt.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I Don't think Luke and Chris are planning to sell the Hurricane. They know that if they do I won't talk to them anymore! :lol:

I'm sure that Chris will be happy to hear your review on his Hurricane, as well as the other members. With your free ride on CTLS' (Taylors) Cha Cha, they may have seen you talking to Chris. Great photos / videos too by the way, and I will say I've never heard anyone call a Hurricane sexy before... not even I have said that!
princess

Post by princess »

pmsl, Hurricane I have not either, suppose it is in the eye of the beholder and whatever turns you on :lol: :lol: though I do like the paint job on the cars, mmm, maybe thats whats sexy. (Hurricane, one of my all time favourites)

Thats nice that they gave you a free ride on Cha-Cha and Hurricane, maybe we dont need T-shirts now, so wonder how they new?? Suppose walking around with cameras is a bit of a give-away, especially if they know the site.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Lol, i'm not going into what turns me on! I plan to keep this site PG -13!!!

Anyway I've been in regular contact with Chris since I was down in Melbourne earlier last month so I might have said a few people might be showing up... :twisted:
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Hurricane wrote:I Don't think Luke and Chris are planning to sell the Hurricane.
Well Chris and the bloke from Taylors were talking about it while I was there,it may not be confirmed,but there was definite interest there.
and I will say I've never heard anyone call a Hurricane sexy before... not even I have said that!
Ha..I didnt intend it to be completely serious.If it made people laugh,then it served it's purpose!.
ImageImage
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great review and photos Matt, you certainly put some alot of effort into it. You got some nice shots of all the rides and I was constantly on your channel on youtube watching the videos in the last week or two. Thanks mate

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I just watched your Zipper video and OMFG... That thing FLIES. I almost don't think I'll be able to get onto that Zipper easily at all...

Also, the SkyWalker interview link doesn't seem to be working for me :?
Space Roller Freak

Thats strange Hurri, it is workin for me. It is a interesting interview.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Is there any way the video can be saved to a Hard Drive and sent to me? I'm dying to see this video now. If you are able to at any time, PM me for my e-mail address / contact details. Thanks :)
princess

Post by princess »

That interview has been posted here before, in another topic.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Hurricane wrote:Also, the SkyWalker interview link doesn't seem to be working for me :?
It wasnt working for me last night either...seems OK now though.
ImageImage
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The video is working now. Gotta love the still picture of Luke though!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Superb review Matt D. I was really hoping to get to Traralgon as soon as I heard March's Hurricane was going.

Without a doubt this show had far more majors on it than a few years back. Despite the crappy weather it looks like a lot of people got through the gate (imagine what it would have been like in GOOD weather)

Top videos and photos. I especially enjoyed your on-ride Hurricane one.

Likewise, I think the Flashdance was being very nicely operated - with smoke etc. it seems like Dale's have lifted it up a notch than what Chant's had it (and that is no easy feat)
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Thanks for the comments everyone...glad you enjoyed it :D .
Zamperla wrote:Top videos and photos. I especially enjoyed your on-ride Hurricane one
Ha ha..thanks.That first violent bounce where I almost dropped the camera...I actually whacked my elbow on the side of the car..and was sporting a nice bruise a few days later :lol: :evil: .
ImageImage