Moomba 2009

Space Roller Freak

Moomba 2009

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Moomba is on again on the 6-9th March! I am deffinatly going this year provided that the weather is nice, unlike for the Berwick Show; thunderstoms are forecast for next weekend. I hope No Limit turns up again and I am also looking forward to seeing Space Roller with it's artwork additions and riding it again.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Re: Moomba 2009

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh should be a good lineup as it usually is. I think the No Limit will be there again
Space Roller Freak

Great! I just hope that is true i am truly going on it for the first time. Wanna go on with me Huss? Sky Walker may make an appearance?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Na I don't think Skywalker will be there
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

I'm planning to go as well...I'd be surprised if No Limit didn't show.Chris did say the only Victorian event Skywalker would do is Moomba,but the chances of it happening are still pretty slim.
What day will you be there Space Roller Freak?...I'll gladly ride No Limit with you..or drag you on it if you chicken out at the last minute :twisted:.
ImageImage
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I never said that about SkyWalker, I heard that they had been thinking about it, but I wasnt sure.
I don't know how much time i'll have to go on rides with people, but do come say hi... i'll be working on Space Roller

:D
PNC

Post by PNC »

im pretty sure skywalker is already in queensland, or near enough
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

I was referring to Chris Hennessey.
ImageImage
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Skywalker is currently in Brisbane and was at Soundwave as far as I am aware. It will probably do a few events in QLD before heading down to Easter show, and then do some NSW shows like Hawkesbury etc. After that it will start heading north and then come back to QLD for shows like EKKA and Gold Coast, Across to Perth / WA and then to Coffs Harbour.

Congrats on getting work on the Roller HUSS!
Space Roller Freak

Have fun workin of Space Roller Huss!

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

yeah congrats. are you working on it at sydney show huss?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

who knows Paulie.... ill decide when I see you lining up ey...
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

yeh sure will be lining up. cant wait.
ahh your so lucky to get work on the best ride out there..
Space Roller Freak

Will, you be goin down to take some pre-show pics huss?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

yeah ill be there sometime during next week.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Rides going so far:

Space Roller
No limit
Speed
Crazy Coaster
Breakdance
Mega Drop
Few others that don't come to mind at the moment
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

I'll finally get to see and ride Lauries Breakdance :D .Hopefully Twin Flip turns up again...do you think Ranger and Waveswinger will be making the trip over this year?.Some others I'd like to see would be Power Surge,Insanity and Energy Storm.
Last edited by Matt Diabolism on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh also just remebered Power Surge will be there
Space Roller Freak

Sorry to all and myself :( i wont be attending Moomba 2009. It will be soooooooo good with Speed & No Limit! I wish i could go. Looks like i will have to hold on till the MS comes around again so i can ride No Limit & Speed.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

It's kind of a shame we have nothing really new to look forward to in Melbourne (until we see the KMG Inversion arrive at some shows). I was hoping to see something different turn up this year. Even the return of a real classic which I miss heaps (we have at least one member who will know the ride I am thinking about. Shouldn't have to travel up to Sydney for it!!!). I would have thought that maybe they could have dragged the Big Dipper over from SA, but I guess that is just not ever going to happen at all. Still, Moomba is usually a good few days of fun, and even better we enjoy a public holiday on the same weekend too. I hope to hear more on the line up as the weekend approaches.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Sat in the sun today with a friend and watched the crew set up SPACE ROLLER, got some great videos.
Insanity is there in the weirdest spot, directly in the middle with space roller on one side, and mega drop and slingshot in their usual places.
Verfurths wheel is back from Rye, and set up, along with Power Surge in Ranger's spot.... weird... Also I think Breakdance has arrived, and is all still packed up.
As for kids rides, the usual players are there, along with Johnsons new 3 Storey Fun House.... much nicer and european looking than CIRCUS CIRCUS.
No Limit isnt there yet... wonder if it will.... strange than Speed would go... since Insanity is there
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Shouldn't you be helping setup the ride rather than you sitting on your ass and taking videos lol. Thought thats what you'd be doing if you were working on it
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Are you operating it Huss? doing restraints checks or ticket box? I remember last year the line was always HUGE for SR. I also noticed the ride cycles were very short so I didn't even try to ride it. I usually like seeing SR when it's at a regional, you always get a nice long ride and don't have that line to deal with.
princess

Post by princess »

Ok Superloop, (not Paulie, sorry) why do you think when there is a crowd that you only get a short ride cycle, this is when you should be happy for the ride owner when he is paying for those longer ride cycles that he has to do when there is no crowd.
Last edited by princess on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

I think that was for me Princess. I am VERY happy for the ride owners to make money, afterall the money I have spent on riding as much as I do has helped to bring in a great ride like Space Roller. The problem is I am just a crazy ride fanatic who likes a really long ride cycle. I don't ever feel sick on rides, so I can handle long rides when I can get one! and It's the only way to really feel what a ride like Space Roller is capable of most of the time. I will see what the crowd for SR is like this year at Moomba, maybe it was bad timing last year, but I like to get on as many rides as possible when I go to these events/shows. I am not usually one who likes wasting a lot time standing in a line for 1/2hr or so when I could just go on a couple of other rides which are not so packed and have longer cycles (more value for me in the end, and I am still giving some money to the operators).