Royal Melbourne Show 2009

Super Loops

Re: Royal Melbourne Show 2009

Post by Super Loops »

Yeah, must be Top Gunner. It's a massive let down that the Zipper no longer goes, but who knows maybe one day it will be back. It was always one of the most loved rides, most of the cages were full at the busiest times....and to think there were 2 of them, shorts and witts. hahaha, it sure made It pretty hard to resist a ride! (same for the Hurricane).Huss, I forgot to mention I also hope to see Rainbow back one day too, but sadly it seems we will be missing that one for some time.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Super Loops wrote:Yes Zamperla! I would like to see all the old rides back, Enterprise, Zipper, Turbo, Pirate, Super Loops, Force 10, Orbitor, Hurricane, Taipan, Skymaster Wheel, Trabant, RockOPlane, Music Machine, Tilt-a-Whirl, Python Loop, Mad Mouse, UFO, Ranger....
I hope whoever has the Orbitor now has done some safety improvements to it. I rode it when Johnsons owned it ( I think it was called Cyclone then) the last time it came to Rocky and the safety bar came unlatched due to the fibreglass carriages flexing whilst in full flight! Luckily, I was old enough (and strong enough) to hold the bar closed with one arm and hold on to the back of the carriage with the other. I tried to re-lock it but it would keep popping out of its latch. When I got off, I told the operator what happened and he couldn't have given a rats'. Maybe if there were two young children on the ride instead of me and they got flung out of the carriage it might have been a different response?? I know it's a bit off the topic, but maybe that's why the older rides are getting pensioned off due to the maintenance and expence of keeping them in a safe working condition?
Cheers.........Deefa.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

That is a chilling first hand-account Deefa. I've never experienced anything like this. I just hope the operators took some notice after you weren't there. (i.e. they didn't want to look too surprised or admitting of the problem)
princess

Post by princess »

:shock: :shock: That is a terrible story, Deefa, they put themselves at so much risk, not to mention you.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

sold in china 2000
Zamperla wrote:Perhaps this ride is making a comeback after being AWOL for a few years?

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for that James, so do you know who owned the ride?
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

George Madgziarz from melbourne he also owned the Round Up before Bell's brought it and Glen Blades Dodgem Cars.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks for that info James
princess

Post by princess »

jamestkirk wrote:wanker.
Theres something you are clearly an expert at.
Last edited by princess on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Not wrong Princess. There are definately some stool prodders with too little intellect and too much spare time on this site. I bet they drive rice burners too!!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well it must be true, as odd as it sounds, Bell's Torndao is now listed on the wesite. Here's the full line-up:

Main Carnival Area
No Limit
Tornado
Power Surge
Hangover
Freestyle
Rock n Roll
Roller Ghoster
F1 Euroslide
Sky Flyer
Breakdance
Hard Rock
XXXL
Techno Jump
Slingshot
Gravitron
Cliff Hanger
Numero Uno Dodgems
Crazy Spinning Coaster
Space Roller

Drumstick Family Carnival
Pirates Revenge
Crazy Cars
Rockin Tug
Sea Circus
Samba Balloon Ride
Pigs can Fly
Undersea Mini Ferris Wheel
City Bridge Convoy
Bumper Boats
Bear Affair
Mini Jets
Crazy Croc
Mini Chairs
Free Fall
Musical Train
Taxi Jets
Dino Ride
Cup and Saucer

Kids Carnival
Miniature Train
Model Cars
Star Jets
Jumping Castle
Magic Circus
Elephants
Merry Go Rounds
Cup & Saucer
Convoy
Crocodile Inflatable
Shark Inflatable
Outback Pony Rides
Outback Rattlers
Fun Slide
Rooster Inflatable

Pretty big lineup, interesting with the 3 carnival areas. And looks like both new Fun Houses will be there: Magic Circus and Sea Circus

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmm... I wonder if Bell's Tornado got a massive overhaul before RMS. Will be interesting to see a Roundup at a capital again.
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Interesting to say that it could have a overhaul. This could be true, to keep presentation up Bells would need to do a fair bit to get it to a Royal Show Standard, i'm not saying that the ride looks dull and un-interesting, but i couldn't see it the way it is now at a big royal. I'm counting down the days. I plan to conquer No Limit and for the first time also will be trying out the new rides at the show this year. I will also take my first ride on a KMG Speed on Chant's Freestyle. It will be interesting to see where the rides will be placed.

Space Roller Freak
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Some Ride Prices are up on the shows' site the pricing will be as follows:

Children’s rides: up to $6

Major rides: $6 – $8

Extreme Rides: No Limit - $15
Freestyle - $15
XXXL - $15
Slingshot - $30

Looks like some of the operators will be lowering prices. Bloody XXXL is $15 bucks, was hoping for this to be $10, but there could be re-rides. The show has also added photos of Sky Flyer, XXXL & Pirates Revenge to the site.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh Goldenway had to lower the price of XXXL at Ekka just to get people riding. And Chant's charge the $15 or $25 for two riders.

And with the Pirate's Revenge photo, anyone recognise it? :D
PNC

Post by PNC »

personally i think XXXL is only worth $10, i understand with speed it only fits 8 riders and loading time is a bit longer, nut xxxl is simultaneous loading and 12 riders, this to me would easily justify $10 rides, but then again i wasnt the one to outlay so much money to bring one of the latest rides into the country (i paid to ride it twice at ekka and i would do it again)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I don't know if i'll do XXXL haha, I still have my No Limit ticket waiting to be used... one ride at a time haha.
That easter show photo looks terrible with no Rainbow, that ali baba better not be back in 2010
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well Huss, really I think and other people I have spoken to, think it's the end of the Rainbow in Australia.

Comeon Huss, give it a go this year, really if you can do Space Roller, you can pass No Limit. I think SR's more intense than NL sometimes
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

how is it the end of the rainbow?
why get rid of a ride when there, in reality, is nothing wrong with it.... Like I have heard, it will be back in 2010
redhot

Post by redhot »

Top Gunner14 wrote:if you can do Space Roller, you can pass No Limit. I think SR's more intense than NL sometimes
Really??
Maybe i should give it a go :roll:
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

PNC

Post by PNC »

NL is way more intense than SR, i would put XXXL in the same class as SR
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

NL is really a hit and miss. I only ride when I see the operator is locking the gondola upside down when swooping through the station. That doesn't seem to happen much though. XXXL looks fairly tame. Short ride cycles and it seems they only let the gondolas swing free at the end of the ride when the arm no longer even swings over the top. I know this ride is capable of more than that. Maybe they need to push it harder at the Melbourne Show.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I've had a few rides on NL which haven't been as intense then I've riden the SR and it has been a bit wilder. I'm not saying SR is more intense than NL

And Huss like I have heard, we may not see the ride back in 2010
PNC

Post by PNC »

ive only ridden NL once and they did locked the gondola in, it was probably the most intense ride i have been on, SR is alot more enjoyable. and i think there is a reason they dont let the cars go for the full cycle on XXXL, i think OZ can explain it.