Moomba 2010

HUSSRAINBOW

Re: Moomba 2010

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

No idea what that was on the wheel, funny i went back late last night, and Techno Jump is sitting at Alexandra Gardens waiting to be set up, at this rate hardly anything will be at birrarung marr.

Apparently organisers are treating the carnival in Alexandra Gardens as the MAIN CARNIVAL..... weird!
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Interesting that you say that huss I wonder where the other rides will be when they turn up? Is there anymore space at alexandra gardens apart from techno jumps spot?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

im going back now, hopefully fingers crossed PIRATE has arrived, otherwise it will be dissapointing if not... Techno Jump didn't have a spot yet, it was just infront of mega drop packed up... more photos tonight!
Space Roller Freak

Cant wait for the pics huss. I hope Pirate does arrive too.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great photos Huss thanks for those, Chant's Rock N Roll looks like a real neat set-up, and boy I think they have their whole main crew there setting up. Looking forward to more photos and the video
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

im about 95% sure that PIRATE was just in the mind of a cheeky source... shame, it was nowhere to be found... and by the looks of it, there would be no room for it even if it showed up... photos later tonight!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's a bit of a letdown, would've been interesting to see it back on the scene and seen how it competed with the more modern machines.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

yeah... doesnt seem like MIXER showed up either... who knows

looks like the final line up for Birrarung Marr is:

SKY FLYER
CRAZY CARS
CRAZY COASTER
POWER SURGE
BREAK DANCE
SEA CIRCUS
SKY WHEEL

SHITTTTTT!!!! Don't bother with that side of the river, especially when alexandra looks like this:

XXXL
SLING SHOT
SPEED
MEGA DROP
SKY WALKER
TECHNO JUMP
HARD ROCK
ROCK N ROLL
princess

Post by princess »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:cheeky source... shame
Dam those cheeky sources :roll:
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yeah disappointing about Pirate. My guess is that it would've given the modern rides a run for their money in the popularity steaks and would've run full loads all weekend. Still, a good line-up for this year; have a good one guys!
Space Roller Freak

I headed out today thinking it was going to be better weather then tomorrow but i dont think you could get any worse. I got stuck in Melbourne for over two hours after Southern Cross Station was in lockdown because of the platforms colapsing and the roof with hail weighing it down. I didnt get far before i was turned away by security so i didnt get to go on any rides get any vids or pics. Very disapointed but i am here in one piece so thats the main thing.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

No good SRF, shame you couldn't get down there. Looked pretty vicsious on the news thhe storm. Saw on the news people fleeing Flemington Racecourse with tables covering their heads from the hail. Also heard there was 90 mm of rain in 18 minutes which is alot of rain! Shame for the showies, all that money they would've lost. Heard there's more rain on the way which is bad news...
Space Roller Freak

Yeah TG there is more rain on the way and the whole of Victoria is on alert for flash flooding and heavy rain. Unfortunatly I wont be heading down to Moomba again this year I just dont wanna risk it again, well that was my Moomba experience. :(
benclare

Post by benclare »

Well it'll be a memorable Moomba for you if nothing else SRF! Glad you weren't injured in that storm.

I did hear all the rides were shut down yesterday arvo but I don't know whether any carnival equipment was damaged; I hope not! Also nothing about injuries which is good.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

When I walked down at around 4:30, everything was closed, most of the rides at Alexandra Gardens were covered in leaves and branches, but nothing looked damaged which was good... I start today at 12, but the weather is looking terrible again, looks like its going to be a very quiet day/night!
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

XXXL'S front, SKYWALKER, SPEED and rock n rolls east sides had a lot of broken turbo lights, XXXL an Sky walker were the worst affected by far. crazycars side, and crazy coaster also had lights broken. skywalker seamed to be not doing much today, can upload a video an pics if wanted. looked to be in test all afternoon, no one on it. it kept malfunctioning, only one arm turning, and other too getting stuck upside down. moomba closed tonight early again about 6.30pm to rain and lightning. also saw a lil accident on speed. got some on film, I think its best i dont upload it tho. girl got out of her seat, triped an tumbled down the steps head first, flipped over an landed in the plastic chains, very close to falling off the edge of the deck. luck i say.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Damn, I can imagine all the owners will be pissed off. Especially Luke and Chris with SkyWalker receiving such damage so close to RES. I hope they get the ride fully operational before the show starts, as it would kill to have it pulled off due to requiring repairs.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Sky Walker isn't too badly affected, not as many light caps broken compared to XXXL.....
Dell was that you I saw walking around filming the ride when it had just closed?.... Probably not the best thing to upload, the ride is running, its fine, no need to put that online...
Last night we closed around 9, the rain just got too heavy and most of the carnival was damp and under water. Paviers closed SPEED earlier with some problems by the looks of it, two guys were at the top of the arm at the motor, and XXXL closed at around 8... Sky Walker was the last ride to close, still managing to pull riders in the insane weather!
Today is looking better weather wise, so it should be a good day/night! Hopefully holds up for fireworks!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

There's 3 weeks until Sydney and if there was problems it would be sorted by then. Glad to hear its not as bad as first thought. Shame about XXXL, hopefully that'll be back with it's lighting again soon. At least most of it's cosmetic/lighting damage and not any harm to the rides themselves
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Would the big rides be insured? they would be then covered from storm damage?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh not too sure how it works with the insurance, I'm guessing insurance could pay for some of it? Someone else got the answer?
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

wasnt me huss. i left about 5 yesterday
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

no i mean when sky walker went down in the afternoon...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Huss did you get any photos during the event or anyone else? And would like to see the set-up video too
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

oh yeah, forgot about the video, might work on it now, haha.....
Didn't get any photos, was too busy, i did get a few photos on my phone when they were all tearing down.