2010 Sale Show

Space Roller Freak

2010 Sale Show

Post by Space Roller Freak »

This one is on this weekend usualy has not a bad line up many classic rides. Dean Davis probs wont have his Zipper there due to him being busy with his new wheel I dont think that will turn up but I could be wrong. Apparently some of the rides going this year: Dodgem Cars, Music Trip, Cha Cha, Tilt, Tornado, Techno Jump, Sky Flyer, Hurricane & Cliff Hanger. Not sure if TPA will have Sky Flyer or Cliff Hanger their though due to the death of Taz Pickett, may he rest in peace. Will you be going again this year Matt?
Tayz

Re: 2010 Sale Show

Post by Tayz »

Just realised that victoria has a lot of shows compared to other states which is good. This sounds like a pretty good show
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I drove past earlier, looks like a pretty good line up. I also saw the local paper advertised Sky Flyer would be there (even had a photo) but I'm pretty sure they must have confused it with Sky Walker (Is that what is is called, the KPMG Tango?). I couldn't see Sky Flyer but Mega Drop is there like most years.

I also saw a new ride I hadn't seen before, looked pretty new. I've forgotten the name but it had treasure island type themeing and looked like a bigger version of a Rocking Tub.

Other rides I noted from the road was the Hurricane, the big Ghost Train, Tilt, Music Trip and I think I spotted Cliff Hanger.

Normally the Show Friday is a local holiday for the schools but for the first time in my lifetime they have made the Melbourne Cup day a holiday instead so the show will be quiet during the day Friday.

Shaun
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

That would probably be bell's new ride... and who's hurricane is it? A bit surprised if it's march's considering SkyWalker is there... I didn't think they did many Victorian shows.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Had to do a double take when I saw Sky Walker,seriously thought my eyes were deceiving me.It's presence here is not due to any sort of planning on behalf of the guild or March's,but a result of pure chance...Chris simply got lost en route to another location then saw a sign for Sale!!..haha.Other "new" rides are Crazy Raft and Carnevil.No Zipper..expected that though.All the others Shaun listed are there,and Techno Jump has taken Scorpion's spot this year.
ImageImage
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh Sky Walker was over in Tassie for the Hobart show and a few smaller events. So yeh it will pop up at a few different shows here and there, this time last year it was still over in W.A. Sounds like a good lineup anyway
redhot

Post by redhot »

Pretty good lineup, hope we get to see some photos.
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Space Roller Freak

Looks like a pretty good line up. With the surprise of Sky Walker turning up there I hope it manages to attend the Ballarat show with the absence of Space Roller.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

aww great, im glad sky walker is doing some vic shows... it may even do dandenong with hurricane....
awesome news
Space Roller Freak

Sky Walker broke down Friday night leaving riders upside down for over 30 minutes. Bad luck for March's I hope it stays in Vic and comes to the Ballarat show but thats probs not going to happen. Check out the article here: http://sale.yourguide.com.au/news/local ... torypage=0
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Yeah...know all too well about the Sky Walker incident,since I was on it at the time.Didnt know anything about the woman on Sat. till I read the article.
ImageImage
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

that article doesn't hold back, and neither do the people being quoted. Not a good experience. Hope your nether-regions are OK Matt D. I could think of better seats to be sitting on than one of those.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

the whole ride getting stuck thing happened at Moomba a few times, the ride was lowered manually, and then we all helped turn the gondola's around.... I don't understand how the ride would have been stuck upside for over 40mins.... weird
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

Bit of a stupid question but do u get a refund if a ride brakes down like that.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

they were giving people another ride if they wanted
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote: I don't understand how the ride would have been stuck upside for over 40mins.... weird
Well if a call to KMG did end up being made something they had not experienced before must have happened.
Zamperla wrote:Hope your nether-regions are OK Matt D. I could think of better seats to be sitting on than one of those.
Too right!!...those seats were designed to be sat on for a maximum of four minutes,not forty!.I got off easy thanks to the position I ended up in.But around the half hour mark the pain and numbness started to creep in..so the others must have been in complete agony.I was only able to see one of the other arms.For the first ten or so minutes it was upside down..then facing the ground the rest of the time.
ImageImage
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

A few vids will be uploaded during the week.
ImageImage
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Great pics Matt. Mega Drop looks good of a night with its new lights.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Nice. always good to see Bell's Hurricane in its regular spot.

What did you think of the new Crazy Raft?
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

Great pictures mate! Is it just me or has bells music trip had it's backdrop repainted again? it's looking in top shape :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers for the photos. Mega Drop is looking great. Yes the Music Trip had the backdrop repained back when Sydney Show was on.

Also shame to hear about the SkyWalker situation, yeh you would think something that hasn't occured before must've happened if they were to call up the manufacturer, at least its all sorted now
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Yeah I think Music Trip may have had a few additions to its artwork...since its mostly composed of mainstream pop stars I've never really paid too much attention to it in all honesty.Crazy Raft impressed me more than I expected,it looks as though it pulls some decent G's during its short bouts of "whirlpool" spins.Shot a vid of it which I'll upload.
ImageImage
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

ImageImage
PowerWave

Post by PowerWave »

Great videos! And for such a small ride, crazy raft really looks like it packs a mean punch!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers for the vids Matt. Yeh Crazy Raft does fly, might have to give it a go over christmas. Funny cause the rides marketed as a family ride but Bell's run it like a thrill ride, neat looking ride either way