2011 Royal Melbourne Show

HUSSRAINBOW

Re: 2011 Royal Melbourne Show

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

are the melbourne organisers serious!! They don't want to deal with the large ground it takes up, stupid them don't realize that the ride would make an absolute killing!!
we need to email the RASV!!!
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

I hope so for RES, also the same for Fisher's Ghost if OCS is in contract with the Campbelltown City Council.
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Although I haven't seen the Rainbow ride, as it hasn't been to Rocky, show societies would be mad not to have such a big ride at their shows as they charge ride operators a certain amount of dollars for the amount of "frontage"their ride takes up. That is why most rides are set up depth wise and not across ways. Such a big ride would bring show societies a fair few dollars. Their loss!!
benclare

Post by benclare »

How did the Show come through yesterday's storms? No damage I hope?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

No damage, the only thing I noticed tonight was No Limit's lighting sequences are a bit rooted....the top sign only spells "MIT" now... and the lights run the sequence, turn off, then back on.... Odd... But nonetheless I had two great rides on it tonight, no rain, was a bit cold but a good night to go on rides!
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

Went to the show yesterday, had a great day, no photo's but review coming soon. It was funny to see a worker on the deal or no deal game wearing a bright pink suite.
and i just want to say, GO THE CATTAS, 3 out of 5!!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

In for my 8th and final visit to the show today... will try get more photos... Hopefully crowds won't be too busy as I don't want to wait in line to ride No Limit haha....
Also on a small note. Rode Chants FREESTYLE last night...I must say, WOW, far superior to Speed, it just drives soo much better, you get a lot more airtime... Awesome view when you're going forwards, get a clear view straight down the arm... amazing!
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

I ended up going to the show on friday
Highlights:
I jumped on no limit for the first time and i have to say it is a far more intense ride than freestyle and space roller.I found the space roller not as exciting as i thought i would be. I was still very fun and thrilling but it didn't have that wow factor that the no limit had when the seat thing got locked through the station which was crazy. (I actually thought that i was about to pass out :P)
I could have just been the cycle that i got tho because it was one of the first rides for the day i think. So now to the ride reviews:

Space roller:
First ride for the day and i found it quite thrilling but to be honest it was not as thrilling as it was talked up to be, but don't take me wrong it was still a very thrilling ride. Had some good tunes going as well (rolling in the deep techno remix :D )

Power surge:
Was a enjoyable ride but no where near as thrilling as no limit or space roller. Was still a bit of fun tho and had a good fast cycle.

No limit:
This ride takes my award for the most thrilling ride that i have been on. I jumped on it twice and loved both of them times but the second time was more thrilling and quite painful. The hurt because of the rain, because the ride picks up a bit of speed and it feels like the soft rain drops turn into hard hail. Also the op locked the seats which was just crazy when going through the loading area, like i said it almost felt like i was about to pass out but i loved it :lol:

XXXL:
I couldn't resist jumping on this one again. It always gives a very thrilling cycle and this day was no acception. In fact it was actually a longer cycle then what we they normally operate because there weren't to many queueing up at the time. as always it was a really fun and thrilling ride and i loved it with a decent amount of flipping at the end.

Crazy Coaster:
I haven't been on this in a long time so i decided i wanted to give it another go and it was a very fun ride with lots of spinning. The hills are always fun and pack a bit of a punch.

So it was quite thrilling and successful day and sorry but i didn't have time for pictures. At the start of the day there weren't to many people but toward the middle of the day the crowds really picked up.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Good to read your thoughts Tayz. I had no time to ride anything at Melb Show this year :(
benclare

Post by benclare »

Loved the review and thanks for it!

I've never ridden No Limit in the rain before but I think it would be an interesting experience. All the water that collects on the ride while it is stationary would be thrown around like a waterfall!
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

benclare wrote:Loved the review and thanks for it!

I've never ridden No Limit in the rain before but I think it would be an interesting experience. All the water that collects on the ride while it is stationary would be thrown around like a waterfall!
Thanks and when i first jumped on the seat it was like a miniature pool, got a wet ass but really who cares :P
And i don't know how but i forgot to review the extreme ride.
The extreme ride really lived up to it's name with a great cycle and some extreme speeds. The ride bagan buy slowly building up speed and then we were tiled at a 90 degree angle while the half the other seats went right to the top. Then after a while it was finally our turn to go up to the top. It didn't hurt my shoulders at all which was good and i really enjoyed it, almost going upside down at great speeds. Then we went back down to about a 30 degree angle but the ride thing stayed up and we we were spun around (kind of like a sizzler motion) like that at full speed which imo was one of the best part of the ride. Defiantly worth the $8 and i recommend it to anyone who sees it.
Zamperla wrote:Good to read your thoughts Tayz. I had no time to ride anything at Melb Show this year :(
Im guessing you were working there?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

No I wasn't working there Tayz.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I don't really understand the whole "pain" thing on No Limit... I find it far more comfortable than Space Roller... I also rode it in the rain one day, wasn't too different although a bit annoying when you're rushing towards the ground with water coming at your face haha.
I also find something so calming and enjoyable while riding FREESTYLE, it's driven soo well, and is so nice and smooth... KMG definetly are the front runners at the moment
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Cheers for the review tayz good to see you enjoyed the show.

Yeh definately Huss, Space Roller throws your neck and back out for me. Yeh KMG would definately be #1 i the world today when it comes to producing travelling booster type rides. Aswell as that they're quick to set-up/pull-down compared to something like Fabbri's Boosters
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

Apparently fabbri's booster is a better experience then the KMG one though, but the KMG design looks more slick where the fabbri one looks a bit like a crane.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I must say I would love to try a Fabbri BOOSTER MAXXX
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Anyone get any photos this year? Would like to see a few of Chant's Rock Star and the rest
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Yes, just havent had much time to get them up.... Also got a couple of videos
benclare

Post by benclare »

Can't wait for the vids Huss!

I am yet to ride Free Style and judging by the reviews, it seems like a better experience than Speed so I look forward to trying it. I also think NL is comparitively more comfortable than Space Roller and definitely Sky Walker!
Tayz

Post by Tayz »