Rye and Rosebud Carnivals 2012/13

Mixerholic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rye and Rosebud Carnivals 2012/13

Postby Mixerholic » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 am

I was walking down the street yesterday and they've started the set-up at Rye. They've got the Pirate down atm. Also we've got 2 new rides this year. Giant Slingshot and Hot Rock. Can't wait to try the Slingshot :D :D :D
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.

Super Loops
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rye and Rosebud Carnivals 2012/13

Postby Super Loops » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am

Do you mean Hard Rock ???? or is there a new zipper called the Hot Rock haha I hope the later

Mixerholic

Postby Mixerholic » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Got no idea! I'm hoping it's a Zipper or a KMG ride :D Oh well we'll have to wait and see.

Mixerholic

Postby Mixerholic » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 pm

I only know of the 2 new rides because they're advertised at Video Ezy. The early bird wristbands are $35 save $10. Same as last year. Can't wait to ride the classic Breakdance :D

Super Loops

Postby Super Loops » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 pm

All info is up now on the Wittingslow website:

EDIT: deleted as pointed out by mixer it is possibly last years line up? still, I can't work out why it says this on the website -

Dates and Opening Times

Pre Opening: Friday 16/ 17 December 2012

strange
Last edited by Super Loops on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mixerholic

Postby Mixerholic » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Super Loops that's last years ride list.... :wink:

Super Loops

Postby Super Loops » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 am

I was thinking of heading past Rye for s look on Saturday but it looks like a 37 degree day so not sure now. :?

Mixerholic

Postby Mixerholic » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 pm

They haven't done any work lately. The Pirate is still on it's 3 trailers. They may start set-up this weekend. Also the Rye and Rosebud Carnivals start on 26/12/12 and finishes on 27/1/13. Cant' wait to see the gear that comes up this year. I have more fun at the Rye Carnival than Royal Melbourne Show. Is it slightly bias or not? It'd make my life even closer to completion if we get a Zipper! Maybe one day we might see the Rainbow again and if I ever see the Turbo I would lose it :)

Mixerholic

Postby Mixerholic » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm

HUSSRAINBOW

Postby HUSSRAINBOW » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:58 pm

giant slingshot? as in Durkins slingshot?!!!

Mixerholic

Postby Mixerholic » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Got no idea HUSS. We'll have to wait and see. LOL atleast we've got better rides than LPM :lol:

HUSSRAINBOW

Postby HUSSRAINBOW » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:58 am

Hard Rock will do very well at rye!

Super Loops

Postby Super Loops » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:59 am

My perfect Rye would be: Enterprise, Rainbow, Pirate, Zipper, Orbitor (not Extreme), Super Loops, Turbo, Cha Cha, Break Dance (HUSS), Hurricane, Taipan/Big Dipper and Force 10. Given the ground space available I'm not even sure all those would fit, and I should have even mentioned a Ferris Wheel which I would also like to see up to add some atmosphere. I sure am interested in what is going this year, a Zipper is badly needed just to spice things up a bit.
Last edited by Super Loops on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Loops

Postby Super Loops » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:02 am

tziolasamusements

Postby tziolasamusements » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:50 am

we start set up on this saturday 8th december

Mixerholic

Postby Mixerholic » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Tziolas seeing as you're working there are we getting Hard Rock or is there a ride called Hot Rock, also do you know if the Giant Slingshot is the one that I'm thinking of. Thanks :)

Super Loops

Postby Super Loops » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Went by Rye today on way to Sorrento, only Pirate is there racked, nothing else yet.

HUSSRAINBOW

Postby HUSSRAINBOW » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:47 pm

also went past today... pirate was being set up, thats all

Mixerholic

Postby Mixerholic » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Went past Rye carnival today and Scorpion has arrived! Also checked their website and it's official that it's Hard Rock coming down. Can't wait for it to be open I will have to give Hard Rock a second chance like I did with Power Surge. Have a good one guys.

Super Loops

Postby Super Loops » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:56 pm

That's good news about all these rides showing up..Hard Rock is a great ride! It's even better when you ride it at night (as you will at RYE), add some smoke, lighting, loud music, a good crowd to ride with and it is a blast. I'm glad Scorpion is back, it's been a couple years since I've had a chance to ride it so I'm looking forward to it. I wonder what they will charge for a ride on the Sling Shot?

HUSSRAINBOW

Postby HUSSRAINBOW » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:46 am

Slingshot isn't here yet, will upload some photos later. Hard Rock has taken the place of Mixer.... Bout time

Mixerholic

Postby Mixerholic » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Hard Rock looks pretty badass at Rye I've gotta admit! Wish we had the Zipper!!!!!!!!!! I was also in Rosebud and the rides are the same as usual. I was sold for this years RC when I saw Scorpion anything else is just icing on the cake :D

Super Loops

Postby Super Loops » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:59 pm

^If I remember from last time, the yellow scorpion cars spin fastest, so unless they changed the colour scheme for the cars I would ride the yellow only. I would love if the Zipper turned up again, it would really make the carnival come alive again, it's felt weird since it left. I assume Cha Cha is back again this year? well I hope so.

HUSSRAINBOW

Postby HUSSRAINBOW » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:49 am

Here are some photos.... surely the carnival is finished now ready for tomorrow nights opening...

Mixerholic

Postby Mixerholic » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:35 pm

That feeling you get when you're the first person to ride the Scorpion :D Oh God it's been a while and the feeling of flight is so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you all have had an awesome Christmas. So here's to 2013 the best year yet!!!!!!!!! :D I'm not a fan of the ride layout. The Hot Gun (not to be confused with Top Gun), Bunjy Tramp, Rockin' Tug and Slingshot were very close together. I honestly don't know what they were thinking having those rides close together because it's a little bit awkward moving around. On another note the crowds were very healthy tonight, the weather was perfect and there was a nice atmosphere to it. Hard Rock was operating well and so was Scorpion.

Return to “Victorian Travelling Fairs/Shows”