FLORIADE

Tilt01

FLORIADE

Post by Tilt01 »

Durkins have their recently purchased Chance Wheel at this years Floriade. Even in the cold and wet it was doing good business.
Hurricane

Re: FLORIADE

Post by Hurricane »

So, thats the new wheel I saw when drivng down Morshead drive yesterday. Looks real nice. Anyone know if there is any other rides at Floriade this year??
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

What is Floriade? I'm guessing just some festival/event in Canberra. I'd say all the other Durkin's rides are there. Has anyone got any photos of the new wheel?
Tilt01

Post by Tilt01 »

Only a slide and a kids ride.

Its a big wheel larger than the Ferrari type ones we have had here for many years. Its in good condition but still needs a bit of work done on it. They should do well with it.

I expect more small to midsize trailerised wheels will appear in Australia over the next few years.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I heard its a bit smaller than 30 metres and is all on I think 2 or 3 trailers. Yeh this doesn't suprise me that we may see some of these in the future. Eg, Technical Park in Italy make their wheels only on 2 trailers. One for the gondolas, fencing and deck while the other carries the structure of the ride (supports, wheel pieces etc). And these only take according to their website around 6-7 hours to set-up. So these would be very convinient for showmen
Tilt01

Post by Tilt01 »

Photos of Durkins new wheel are now on their website.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Looks ok, looks nice and bright during the night. Will probably see this turning up at some of the OFA shows. Most likely at Bathurst, Newcastle etc. They should go well with it, looks like it's pulled on around 4-5 semi's
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

bloody ugly paint job
Vee

Post by Vee »

Tilt01 wrote:Photos of Durkins new wheel are now on their website.
Clickity click for us non mind readers :wink:
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Yeah true, good wheel except for the color, or lack of. Check out the Skymaster, looks better IMO.
Tilt01

Post by Tilt01 »

It does need to be brightened up a bit.

A good paint job on the spokes would help.

Overall it is an impressive ride.Probably 4 trailers.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Thanks for that link and info Tilt.

Looks like the main trailer still has the original Chance decals on it (a little dated) It has come up well IMO. Yes some colour to the gondolas etc, a la Skymaster, would really turn it up a notch.
matterhorn

Post by matterhorn »

the ride is on three main trailers with a pantec for the fences ramps ect two outer trailers have the main towers and 10 cars a side as well as the platforms center trialer has sweeps drive rails and spreder bars beleave it or not there are only 28 bolts on the ride the rest is pins and r clips put up time with 5 guys who know what they are doing is 3 days pull down can be done in just over a day